New Year, New Us (Yerixyou)

Outcomes of Imagination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Yeri asks you, her best friend, to act as her girlfriend in front of her parents. You, knowing yourself, have a crush on her and says yes anyways. 

“Hey Y/N?”

My nose was dug deep in a book, but when the sound of her voice reached my ears, my full attention was on her. “Yeah, Yeri?” 

“So my household is having a huge New Years party on Tuesday and I was hoping you’d like to go as my date?” Her face scrunched at the last word. 

“Date?” I couldn’t help but to single out that one word. Yeri, my best friend, is asking me out on a date?

This was amazing! I’ve had a crush on her for so long and it’s unbelievable that she’s asking me out right now-

“As friends of course.” Oh. 

“Oh yeah,” I gave out a fake laugh, “just us girls!” 

“But to my parents, we’re gonna act as a couple,” She quickly recapped. 

Oh? “Yeah, that’s cool.” No, it wasn’t. 

“So that means you’re in?” Yeri asked and made sure. 

“Yep,” and I mustered up the brightest smile with the addition of two thumbs up.

“Great, see you then babe,” Yeri decided it was time to play our roles and gave me a peck on the cheek before getting up and starting towards the door. “My parents just texted for me to go home and I haven’t seen them in forever so I gotta go!”

“Uh huh, see you tomorrow baby,” I added the last part in awkwardly. 

The door closed, signifying her exit and that’s when I let out the breath I was holding and flopped back down on the couch.  

Gee, this is like the good ‘ol “my crush asked me to be their fake girlfriend so imma do it and then they’ll fall in love with me” plot. Except, that ain’t how it is. 

There’s got to be a reason she chose me instead of anybody else, right? For example, Joy was perfect for the role. She’d be a great person to have on Yeri’s arm. She’s gorgeous, she’s talented...she’s also Yeri’s ex-girlfriend so we don’t talk about that. 

Why on earth would Yeri choose me to be her fake girlfriend? 

Whatever. Yeri chose me and I’d do anything to make that girl happy. 

—————————————————————-

Eyes bore back at mine with a mix of jitters and death. Glancing at my reflection in the mirror, I just knew that something felt off. Hell, I am not ready to step out of my home and act as her date!  

My hands danced along the hems of my shirt to tuck it into my rolled up high-waisted jeans. I got my one and only Gucci belt and wrapped it around my waist, displaying the infamous Gucci symbol. At least with this, her parents will think I’m rich. 

Finishing up some last touches on my outfit, I checked and then rechecked to make sure everything was in place, then made my way out of the door and into my car. 

I reached the back of my pocket to retrieve the keys that started the car, not realizing how shaky my hands were. . After 3 tries, I was able to get the key in the hole to start the car. 

With my hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter