Marks of A Sharpened Pencil (Irenexyou)

Outcomes of Imagination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : Someone originally requested an Irenexyou with no prompt and I decided to experiment with it. This sets in high school and the title should foreshadow some things, just saying! Credit to my friend for helping me with the title!

1,841 words 

 

     This was a risky road. An extremely risky one. It all just had to start with a pencil and my y capability of dangering almost anyone around me. This time was even worst though. 
     I sat in class mindfully just staring at the clock wishing time to pass by so I could get out of this learning system called school. I was fidgeting with the pencil in my hands as the words of the teacher zoomed in and out of my ear. My eyes glanced back at the clock seeing not even a minute has gone by. A subtle sigh came out of me as I sat back with my arms crossed behind my shoulders, still having the pencil in hand. 
     “OWW!” The girl who sat behind me shrieked. I turned around seeing blood slowly trickling down her index finger and a piece of led broken from my pencil. 
     I looked back up to her as did the rest of the class and involuntarily led out an “oh geez.” This girl’s finger was completely bleeding to death and it is all my fault and now the teacher is literally shooting bullets at me through her eyes.
     “Y/N, please take Irene to the nurse’s office,” The teacher was sighing and I just shrugged and got up. I looked back at the girl named Irene seeing her dashing towards the door before we even got our hallpasses. I reached for the two slips before speeding out of the class myself. This was surely not how I would escape class but I’ll take it. 
     “Wait, Irene!” I yelled slightly not even caring about the fact that I was indeed disturbing a number of classes. I saw the girl turn around and that was when I got a clearer look at her face. She looked pure with those sparkly eyes and adorable nose. Irene had continued staring at me and I forgot I was suppose to tell her something. “You n-need your hall pass.” 
     “Oh,” She was slightly blushing. “Thank you!” 
     “Yeah...we need to get you to the nurse’s office fast,” I immediately said taking a closer look at the still bloody finger. I scrunched my face, “I’m really sorry.” 
     She shook her head gently. “It’s fine.”
--------------------------- 
     The nurse had carefully washed Irene’s finger before slightly dabbing it with some cotton balls. She then got a band aid and wrapped in around the passed vigorously bleeding finger. “You should be fine now!” The nurse has said. “You two can stay here for a couple minutes before the bell rings and it’s time for lunch.” 
     I nodded my head and so did Irene. “So Irene, who do you usually hang out with?” Okay, I admit that may not be the best question ever, but I tried! 
     “Ever heard of Red Velvet?” She looked at me with a piercing gaze.
     I tried thinking. “Uhh, kind of?”
     “Well yeah, I hang out with them.” 
     It clicked! “That’s our school’s singing and dancing group!” She looked at me and smiled. “Wait!” I checked her face again. “You’re apart of that group!” She grinned even wider.
     The nurse was glaring at me. “Keep it down Y/N.” 
     I sheepishly smiled and coward my shoulders. “Sorry.” 
     An angelic sound seeped through the air as Irene was laughing. She stared at me as I realized I was looking at her way longer than a usual human was suppose to. I couldn’t help it though. “So Y/N, who do you hang out with?” 
     “My books!” She looked surprised but I was proud. “I mean, I have friends and all but I usually tag along with my books.”
     “I didn’t expect that at all.” She admitted. 
     I set my shoulders back leaning into my own embrace. “Why not?”
     “I don’t know…” She was contemplating. “Maybe the fact that in every single class I’m in with you, it seems like you just want to fall into a ditch.” 
    “You’re correct, but books are still everything.” I examined her features. “Wait, you said classes?” 
     “I’m in your English, History, and Choir class,”She counted off her fingers. “By the way, your voice is absolutely stunning.” A faint blush overcame her face as she realized that she had just complimented me.
     “Thank you, but I didn’t originally sign up for choir.”
     She displayed a shocked physique. “Really? Then what did you originally choose?”
     “Creative Writing class.” <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter