Chapter 8

The Eccedentesiast's Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Okay , so left now ....right . I found it ." You cut the call and kept the phone in your purse. You have to apologise to him . You were quite a good girl before . You never ever uttered a bad word for someone , not even behind their back. Things have changed a lot . You have underwent a serious metamorphosis . If anyone was to compare your old self and the current , the differences would be huge .You saw stairs beside the shop and pounded upwards . Your heartbeat resounded in your ears as you climbed the stairs .  You counted each step you took and reached the second floor . ' BYUN'S RESIDENCE ' was written in bold words on the wooden door. You rung the electric bell with your shaky hands and clutched the boquet you had bought from a nearby shop for him . You thought he would like it . Maybe it won't be enough to make up to him , but still it was a token of your sincerity with which you wanna apologise to him .

You became impatient when no one answered the door and then you rung the bell again . Again , no one had answered the bell .Maybe he had seen you through the peep hole and doesn't want to meet you . He hates you. You were accustomed to so much love and care....experiencing such an emotion was a first for you. You were showered with motherly and fatherly care from your childhood till the day you lost your mother. You didn't like this feeling at all and were determined to expiate the wrong done. Even you were surprised by your sudden urge to do so . You had never been so willing to do anything for anyone in these last five years. Instead of going back home , you waited . You could have gone back but you just felt like not going back . You wanted see him , again . Your legs had started becoming wobbly so you sat beside the door . You even called Chanyeol thrice but he didn't pick up. 30 minutes and then an hour passed but you didn't walk away and waited . Maybe he has gone somewhere ..... You rung the bell of the other apartment on that floor but no one answered the door. It was locked . Tired , you sat there and waited for the absent when your eyelids became heavy . Let's say that you didn't sleep comfortably last night . Baekhyun's words had been in your mind and it was pricking you . So you spent some time thinking about it . So , you just gave into the effect and a pitch black darkness veiled your eyes . 

♦          ♦           ♦         ♦           ♦            ♦

" Agassi ! Agassi ! " Your eyes snapped open when someone's voice pierced your ears . You quickly got up and brushed your sides . " Who are you ? What are you doing outside Miss Byun's house ? " The old lady questioned you . " I am Baekhyun's .....friend ." Friend  ,  sounded good . " Can you tell me when he'll return ? 'Cause I think he's not at home ." You spoke which made the lady's eyebrows furrow . " I am afraid you don't know the truth . " What truth ! Had something happened to Baekhyun ? "  He's in the hospital........"

 

 

You never had run so fast in your life . You quickly rushed to the counter and enquired about Baekhyun . Beads of sweat had formed on your forehead . You quickly rushed to the floor which the receptionist had told you and reached the room ' 4 '  . There you saw him talking to the doctor . He looked so gloomy and lifeless . You never had seen him so sad and lifeless . It didn't suit him  . He was not the Baekhyun you had met . As soon as the doctor went away Baekhyun turned to enter into the room . " Baekhyun ." You called him . 

Baekhyun's fingers had just touched the handle when he turned . Of course , he was surprised . He had never expected someone , especially you to come and visit him . " Komorebi-sshi , what are you doing here ?" Baekhyun asked you . You fiddled with your fingers and refused to look up . " C-Can we talk ? " 

♦        ♦          ♦          ♦          ♦           ♦

Zephyr blew the leaves on the grounds . Everything was so quiet and beautiful today . " How is your grandmother now ? " You broke the silence . " Her condition is stable now . She lost a lot of blood when she fell from the stairs . It pains but better from before ." He explained . " I'm sure she'll be fine in a few days . With a grandson like you , she'll surely heal quickly ."  You tried to smile a bit . He seemed taken aback by your action but smiled back . " I just wannna apologise for that day . I-I didn't mean to say that . It-It's just that .....since my mother died , it became difficult for me to communicate with people . I isolated myself and cut off myself from the others so I prefer to be alone . You were the first person who approached me , so I was a bit uncomfortable ." You explained with a lot of courage . 

"If that was the matter , you should have told me before . " Baekhyun spoke . " So you forgive me ? " You asked him with hopeful eyes . " Hmm...let me think . If you'll do me a favour maybe then I'll forgive you ." Baekhyun smirked . Your heart raced . What will he ask you to do ? He leaned in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter