Epilogue

The Eccedentesiast's Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your heart was the one leading in a marathon right now . It was only him in the race ; you didn't know who else were competing . Will he like it ? Of course , you've worked so hard Komorebi . You've done it a million times but everytime it happened , you were nervous you didn't know why . The door opened in a flash making you jump in alarm . There he was standing , just before you .  " Good evening Sir . " You bowed your head in obeisance . You tried not to show your nervousness and using your shaky fingers , you clicked the play button to play the music . You backed away when the beat started playing and watched Mr. Lee jamming to the music . " It's good Komorebi . Don't worry ." Chen , your co-producer , patted your shoulder in assurance . You nodded lightly and continued to watch the chairman of your company . 

When the music stopped playing , he turned to face you . This was the moment you had been waiting for . " I must say it's really good Ms. Kim . Show it to the boys once , I'm sure they'll like it . Good efforts Mr. Chen ." He smiled at both of you before leaving the room . You sighed in relief and high-fived with Chen . Being a music composer , producer and a lyricist at the the same is difficult . " Let's grab something to eat at the cafè . We deserve it ! " Chen suggested and you agreed . " You go ahead , I'll come in a minute . " You spoke and left the room . 

 

You searched for him in his office but he was not there . You quickly ran upstairs to the printing room . You barged into the room and saw ' your guy ' standing there waiting for the lyrics to be printed ,his back facing you . As usual , he looked stunning in a just a plain white shirt and black jeans . He ran his slenders fingers through his black hair which now had red highlights . You still remember the day when Baekhyun had dragged you to the saloon and both of you got red highlights . He was completely oblivious to your presence . Smiling to yourself , you approached him and hugged him from behind . " Hey , sweetie ." You whispered into his ear and you could feel him smile . He turned around , his arms wrapping around your waist and pulled you closer till your noses touched . How could someone's eyes be so captivating ? " Hey sweetheart . How did it go ? Did he like your song ? I even sent you a text but you didn't reply . " He tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear and pecked your lips . How did he manage to drive you crazy ? 

You couldn't believe that he was still with you after all this . He loved you too much ! And you loved him too . A lot changed in these four years  and with Baekhyun beside you , everything had been really beautiful . All this time , Baekhyun stuck to you like the way pollens stick to stigma ( you didn't know any other reference ) . His love for you just grew day by day and he never left your side . You both have changed from being college kids to music composers , working at SM Entertainment . Working at the same place , you both saw each other often . From holding hands to kisses , kisses to making out and making out to alot more hot and steamy things , both of you had made alot of progress .

" He loved it . I just have to show it to Suho and Lay once . And far as your text is concerned , I wasn't able to check   itsince I was too nervous . " You replied and watched him smile ." See , I told you everything would go your way .You worry alot . " He flicked your forehead and you srunched your nose in annoyance . He laughed after watching your reaction . " Which song's lyrics are you printing ? " You tried to peek over his shoulder but he blocked your view . " N-Nothing ...j-just a song for NCT . " He stuttered and leaned back over the printing machine . " Why are you hiding it then ? " You looked at him through narrowed eyelids . " So you don't plagiarise . " You looked at him in disbelief . " Very funny Byun Baekhyun . " You scoffed at him and were turning around to leave but his grip tightened around your waist . " I was just kidding ! It's just that Kyungsoo doesn't want to show the lyrics to anyone until it is approved by Mr . Lee So Man ." He explained . " Kyungsoo is so mean . I'm gonna talk to him about it . " You folded your arms across your chest .

" I'm going to the cafè , you wanna come ? " You asked him and caressed his cheek . " Hmm. I'll come down in few minutes ." He grabbed your hand and kissed it making your heart flutter . You hummed and kissed his cheek before turning to leave . " Komo ." He grabbed your hand and turned you around . " Hm-" You words were swallowed by his kiss . You were surprised by his action but immediately gave in . You wrapped your arms around his neck , wanting more . His passionate kiss all the oxygen from your lungs and induced you with fire . Your fingers grabbed a bunch of his hair and he groaned in response and kissed you back with more fervour . After some moments of biting , , and nipping he pulled away rendering you both breathless . " You love me right ? " He asked in between the breaths . " Of course , sweetheart . " You wiped the smudged lipstick from the corner of his lips and smiled at him . He smiled at you and kissed your forehead . " You remember the date right ?" You nodded your head . How could you ever forget that today both of you were going to celebrate four years of togetherness ? . You were going to kiss him once again but Kyungsoo had to enter the room at the same time . You left the room and went to the washroom to apply your lipstick again .

" Did she see it ? "

" No . Not yet . "

♦      ♦      ♦      ♦      ♦      ♦

Unlike his real-self , Baekhyun was too quiet . You were the only one blabbering about your day at the company while he only hummed in response .Usually he would rant about Kyungsoo , how he would always beat him up and annoy him or about any new song that he composed but he didn't even utter a single syllable during the car ride . " Baekhyun , are you alright ? " You caressed his cheek . His brows had been corrugated for a long time , an activity he did whenever he thought hard . " Yeah . " He looked at you briefly and passed a smile . " Why are you so quiet ? " You couldn't bear the silence . You wanted to hear him talk . " I guess I'm too exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter