Chapter 16

The Eccedentesiast's Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 missed calls . 50 messages .

You expected this from him . Perhaps ! It's not a good idea to check the phone early in the morning . You ignored all the messages and got up to start another bad day . 

" Good morning sweetie ." Your mother kissed your forehead . " Good morning ." You could barely speak so you just whispered . " Why are your eyes so puffy ? Have you been crying ? " Your dad caressed your face . You held back your tears and concentrated on eating your meal . " Did something happen between you and Baekhyun ?  He too had been crying ." Did he cry ? Why do you care ? " Nothing ." You only answered in single words . You didn't have the energy to talk to someone right now . After finishing your meal you just went to your room and decided to skip college today . 

You were snapped out of your trance when your phone started ringing . It was a call from an unknown person . " Hi Komo. It's me , Kai ." You heard his deep voice .

"Yes sunbae ."

" Are you free today after college ? " 

" I didn't go to college today ."

" Oh Great ! Then be ready , we're going on a date today ." What !

"But-" He had already hung up the call before you could say anything . You really didn't wanna go to this date but maybe it'll keep your mind occupied . You really didn't want to think about Baekhyun and this date will distract you . You quickly changed into a cute pink sundress . This is a good decision , right ?

♦          ♦          ♦         ♦         ♦          ♦

" Shouldn't you be in the college today ? " You asked as you sipped your drink . " I just decided to skip it today .I've grown tired of it . Moreover , the teachers keep on  blabbering about something I don't even know ." You laughed and continued to sip your drink . " Did you have fun yesterday ? " Your smile fell when you remembered yesterday . " Hmmm.." " I didn't know that you and Baekhyun had such a big appetite . You two would make a cute couple ." You just choked on your drink . " Hey are you fine ? " Kai sunbae handed you the napkin and you wiped the juice . " We're just friends . " You said and sighed deeply . " Did something happen between you and Baekhyun yesterday ? Chanyeol told me when I phoned him yesterday .He said that Baekhyun told him that you and him had fought." You fiddled with your fingers and looked down . 

" Yup . We just fought yesterday . It was our first fight ." You confessed , feeling hurt after remembering last night . " Why ? " Kai sipped his drink . " I-I'm not sure how to put this ." You spoke and looked outside to see the rain pouring down. You didn't want him to feel bad after knowing the reason . " It's okay . You can share anything with me . " He looked at you in assurance and smiled . " I was just talking to him about how .." You stopped yourself from saying cute as you felt your cheeks burning . " About how good you are but then he got frustrated and started yelling at me . He hates you and shouted at me because I talk about you everytime . I locked myself in my room and then he kept on pounding on the door and then he left . " 

" How dense are you ? " Kai sunbae asked you and then erupted into peals of laughter . " What do you mean ? " You asked him curiously . " I think I can't hold it back anymore . He was jealous of me Komo ." He said and you creased your brows in confusion . " If he was jealous of me spending time with you he should have told me then . He must be thinking that his bestfriend will become-"

"What the ! " Kai groaned. " He was jealous because he can't stand you seeing with another man . Can you think why is that so ? " Your heart was palpitating . " You really want me act like a cupid , don't you ? " You bit your lip in anticipation . " He loves you Komo . " And that's when your heart skipped a beat . " H-He What ? " You couldn't believe your senses . " Why don't you just listen from his own mouth ? "You qucikly fished out your phone and dialed his number . You wanted to talk to him now . You wanted to hear his voice . The number you've dialed is unreachable . You dialed his number but he still wasn't picking up . You decided to message him and then you read his messages .

Komorebi , I'm sorry . 

Komo I didn't  mean that .

You kept on scrolling down to see the messages of today .

If you see this mesaage , I wanna say that I'll come at your house at 11 . I've to take you somewhere as a way of apologising . If you wanna forgive me , please be ready .

" ." You cursed and looked at your wrist watch . 11:15 .  You got up abruptly and took your purse . " Sorry sunbae . I need to go .Thanks for the juice and the information ." You rushed out of the restaurant . You were in such a haste that you forgot that it was raining and Kai sunbae's voice asking you if you needed a ride . Honestly , you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter