Chapter 11

The Eccedentesiast's Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" What should I give him ? A watch ."

" I am gifting that to him ." 

" Okay , then , ummm a perfume ."

" Seriously Komorebi ? Give him something which he needs ."

" What about a car ? He doesn't have one . Nah , I'm broke . What about -"

" Leave it . Just think about it when you are normal . Whatever your are speaking right now has no rationality behind it ."

You pulled your hair in frsutration . Today is his birthday and you hadn't bought anything for him . Chanyeol was also of no help . Should you make something for him?" I think instead of buying something you can make something for him . He likes when people do something for him ." Chanyeol suggested . You can always do this . You had also been so creative so you could make him something . It would make him feel special . " I must say your brain does really work some times derp ." You commented which made Chanyeol punch you in the gut . " Ouch . I was just appreciating your perspicacity , bro ." You scoffed at him  and decided to get the things together to design your innovation . 

♦        ♦         ♦          ♦          ♦          ♦

" 1 teaspoon cocoa powder . Okay , so here comes the cocoa powder ." You had carefully read all the instructions for making the cupcakes and tried not be reckless . Measuring every dry ingredient and every fluid correctly you mixed them together . You had never tried your luck at cooking before . This was the first time you were cooking for someone , and that too a boy . You had pushed all the maids out of the kitchen and had the kitchen to yourself . You had decided to make cup cakes for him and also a keychain . You had just returned from the market buying all the essential things you required . " What are you making ?" Your stepmom entered the kitchen and folded her arms across her chest .  " I-I was making a cupcake for Baekhyun ." You answered while mixing the milk with the flour in the bowl . " Do you need any help ?" She asked you politely . " No , it's fine . I'll do it myself ." You answered with a smile .

You had been talking a lot to her recently but still you couldn't bring yourself to accept her . You were still trying . Baekhyun's words had deeply influenced , like every inch of your skin . You did not know that a man's touch and words could have such an ineffable effect on you . You had never been close to any man except your father and Chanyeol , and now that you were , it was too heavy for your heart to carry such a feeling .Whenever you were near Baekhyun , your heart would start thumping loudly , so loud that you feared that Baekhyun might have heard it . The way he had wrapped his slender finger around your hand that day was so intimate for you . Just a few days ago , you were at Baekhyun's apartement and he had his hand over your knee . The way his milky and velvet like smooth skin touched your denim jeans was making your heart beat rapidly ; you could still feel the warmth there . Whenever his skin made a contact with yours , it would make your insides churn and would start some tingling feels inside your veins . 

The way his chocolate brown hair covered his forehead was so y . You could actually write a whole thesis about his looks , but that would take a whole day . Some of the honourable mentions are - his thighs , his eyebrows , his nose , his adam's apple , his chest and many more things . The best part of his body according to you was his lips . They looked so plushy and whenever they made that bow kind of shape , you wanted kiss them . " And done ." You poured the batter into the heart-shaped moulds  and kept them inside the oven. You set the timer for thirty minutes and decided to make the keychain while the cakes were being baked .

♦        ♦         ♦         ♦          ♦          ♦

You poured the mixture of plaster of paris in the guitar shaped mould . You had mixed some adhesive , colours and some glitters in it . You let the mixture dry while you pulled out the tray from the oven when the time was over . The odour of chocolate reached to your nostrils . They definitely smelled good . " I hope he likes them ." You carefully took out the cakes from the moulds and let them cool down . After they became a little cool , you covered their tops with cream . You drew shapes on some and  faces on the others . Finally , giving them a finishing tough with adding on sprinkles you kept them in the refridgerator . Waiting for the the keychain to dry , you decided to relax by playing your guitar . You tunned your guitar since you hadn't played it for a long time . You cleared your throat and strummed some chords to check if it was tunned correctly or not . 

You began singing John Legend's All of Me . You had a habit of singing with your eyes closed so you did that but as you reached the chorus , you could only see Baekhyun's image before your eyes ; His smiling face which you loved the most . You couldn't concentrate and your attention wavered resulting in getting a cut on your finger . " Ouch ." You hissed in pain and immediately got the first aid box and wrapped a band aid around the cut . 

Having nothing to do , you decided to watch your favourite k-drama . You liked cute,romantic things . It was weird for a girl who pushed everything away but now you wanted your old self back .You decided to check the key chain and to your relief it had dried up . With great difficulty you carved the letter 'B' on it . You drew some cute and small stars on them to make it more attractive . You had never worked so hard to make something . Whenever you had to go to a party , you simply bought it rather than applying your exemplary skills . It might be a mtter of priorities . Maybe Baekhyun meant so much to you that you couldn't miss any oportunity to make him happy . Maybe , you liked him . Brushing away these thoughts , you decided to get ready . You had decided to wear rugged blue jeans and a pink tank top . This was the only non-black cloth you had . Quickly wrapping his gifts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter