Chapter 6

The Eccedentesiast's Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Beautiful." Baekhyun mumbled under his breath as he beheld his surroundings . The sky flushed with shades of orange and pink . Despite the cold weather , it was quite warm . In the sky , the sun shone bright selflessly sharing its warmth with him . Cold breeze blew challenging the heat . Sunshine filtering through the leaves of the tree adorned the streets of seoul . It couldn't get any better . It was a perfect day , actually better than all the other days of that week . Baekhyun believed that this day had got something special with it . The way the birds chirped , sun shone and clouds moved , he felt elated . He didn't get his hopes up but he did believe that today is gonna be a special day . Call it a superstition or craziness but he always belived in optimism . Time had shaped him in such a way that he always moulded all the difficult thing that yielded something beautiful . That's what made him different from the rest . 

Strecthing his muscular arms , he headed towards the bathroom . Sluggishly he  brushed his teeth with his eyes half-opened . He was still feeling drowsy . After rinsing his mouth , he observed his face . His hair was disheveld and his eye bags were swollen . Though he enjoyed his part-time job , he admitted that his daily schedule was disrupted . It would take him some weeks to bring back things to normal . Aggravating the problem , were his periodic assessments . He stayed up late at night to study reing in exhaustion . He doesn't even remember when he was plunged into a deep slumber . Today was his last assessment and he had promised to celebrate it with Chanyeol . The latter had invited him at his apartment . No party , no liquor , no chicks and no loud music ; just video games , guitar session and a lazy dance was enough for him to regain his equilibrium . 

Quickly getting rid of his clothes , he connected his phone with the mini bluetooth speaker . He always carried it with him to the bathroom . Music had an important role to play in his everyday activities . He put the playlist on shuffle and the shower letting the warm fluid flow over his milky skin . He took a deep breath and started singing at the top of his voice as the first song tha played was - 'Eongdeongi ppangppangppang .Namjadeureun time time time .Nae ibsul nynyamnyamnyam .Eodilgadeun dang dang dang~' He gave a pause and then it happened- ' Hello es~' He frantically flailed his limbs and banged his head . He looked like a chimpanzee who had escaped the zoo . Soon the banging and the pummelling came to an end .

Next was - ' Why am I alone ?  Nareul dulleossan saramdeul soge ~' He closed his eyes and sang with a soft voice unlike the rough voice he used before . It was one of his favourite songs , the lyrics were so deep and meaningful . He found himself absorbed in the song , oblivious to the fact the his voice was piercing through the thin walls of the bathroom . The song soon came to an end . He was enjoying himself quite much . ' Hmm~ ' A smile touched the corners of his lips when he heard the familiar voice . The atmosphere felt different , the ambience had changed . Your voice felt so soothing . Gathering all his exhaustion , your voice carried it all away . He felt so rejoiced and energetic right now . He loved the part when your voice turns all husky and then becomes strong and carries weight again . It amazed him how you didn't stop even once while singing that impromptu .You moulded your voice so well according to the variations in the song . 

When the song ended , so did his activity . He grabbed a towel and wiped the water droplets . This was his daily routine ; waking up , brushing his teeth , bathing and ending it with your high note . He still hadn't gotten over the fact that he was eager to meet you . He had decided to give up to his fate and let it have its own way . You were a beautiful mystery to him and he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter