Chapter 06

For Better or For Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rahee, Jackson, and Jinyoung came running in the ER.

“Nurse, how is my son?” Rahee hysterically asked.

“Are you Mrs. Oh Rahee?”

“Yes yes I am. Please tell me how is my son.”

“Omma.” Dongho came out with another nurse.

Rahee ran to him, hugged him tightly, glad he was okay. “Are you hurt anywhere baby?”

Dongho shook his head. “I only got a few scratches.”

Rahee wiped her tears. She looked around, but didn’t see Miyoung anywhere.

“Where’s Auntie Miyoung?”

=================================================================================================================

The four went up the the 3rd floor and saw Mark sobbing.

“Mark.” Jinyoung called out.

They slowly approached him. He wiped his tears. “She is still in there.”

They looked over at the OR room with it’s red lights on.

=================================================================================================================

[[FLASHBACK]]

“I’m done with my appointment, should I come pick you and Dongho up?” Mark asked over the phone.

“Sure.. we are at the nearby park. I’m just waiting for him outside the restroom.”

“Okay, I’ll be there soon. Just around the corner.”

 

When the teens pushed Dongho into oncoming traffic, Miyoung ran out and grabbed him as a car swerved. Even though the car had swerved, the car behind it didn't got a chance to and hitted Miyoung. Mark saw the scene and ran up to them.

“Auntie.” Dongho cried out as he rustle her sleeves. “Auntie.”

“Miyoung-ah… Miyoung-ah.” Mark held her up.

Between her legs, blood was slowly coming down. She was unconscious. Mark kept calling for her. Passersby called the ambulance. The teens were nowhere to be found.

 

Mark held Miyoung’s hand from the ambulance all the way to the 3rd floor.

“Hang in there Miyoung-ah. You got to hang in there.”

[[END FLASHBACK]]

=================================================================================================================

“He’s not picking up.” Jackson said as he hung up the phone.

Miyoung has been in the room for 3 hours now. Mark kicked the chair. Jinyoung calmed him down a bit.

“I’ll try calling.” Rahee said.

“Are you okay?” Jaebum asked over the phone. He picked up within one ring.

“Why didn’t you pick up Jackson’s call?” She asked.

“Oh. I just didn’t want to be bother.”

“Bother? Don’t you think him calling you 20 times would mean something important?”

Jaebum chuckled. “Come on..coming from Jackson?”

“Mi-mi-miyoung...she…” Rahee tried to hold back her tears.

Jaebum got up from his desk. “What happened?”

“She got into an accident and is now in the OR.”

Jaebum hung up the phone and rushed to the hospit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter