Chapter 10

For Better or For Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Evening rolled around and Jaebum and Miyoung were having dinner together, for the first time in months. There was silence in the air. Neither are talking to each other. Jaebum would rather be at Rahee’s, but he know what would happen if he is always there. His mother warned him previously.

=======================================================================================================================

[[FLASHBACK]]

Jaebum assisted his mother in shopping. As she browsed around, she let him know that she will never accept Rahee, even if Miyoung was not her daughter-in-law.

 

“However” She said. “I can accept Dongho as an Im.”
 

Jaebum looked at his mother.

 

“However, he has to change his last name to Im.”

 

“But…”
 

Mrs. Im turned around and adjusted her son’s tie. “There is no buts. After all” She wiped a little dirt on his shoulder. “He is your child.” She turned around and continued to browse. “Granted, he may not have been Miyoung’s, but I’m sure she wouldn’t mind being a step-mother to him. Since you know, Dongho’s likes her.”

[[END]]

=======================================================================================================================

“Dongho’s is going to be living with us starting tomorrow.” Miyoung said as she sipped her wine.

 

Jaebum looked up, surprised and confused.

 

“Didn’t Omma-nim tell you?” She looked at him with a smile. “Since he is an Im and he IS your child, he will be living with us instead. A child cannot

be without a father.”

 

“Kang Miyoung!” He slammed his hand on the table.

 

“Don’t be so mad though. If you want, I can allow Rahee to live with us.”

 

Jaebum eyes were furious.

 

Miyoung slyly smiled at him. “Under the condition that she is my personal maid.”

=======================================================================================================================

“Dongho-ah" Rahee squat down to him as she adjust his clothes to make sure there isn't any wrinkle. They were in front of Jaebum’s house.

 

“Remember to behave Okay? Listen to Daddy and Auntie Miyoung.”

 

Dongho nodded. “I’'ll behave mommy.” he gave his mom a tight hug. “Are you sure you can't live with me? What if you have no one to play with?”

 

Rahee, holding back her tears, hugged him tighter. “I’'ll visit you when I have time.”

 

“Promise?”

 

She nodded.

 

The door opened and stand Jaebum and Miyoung. Jaebum with a sadden sad, Miyoung with a smirk on her face.

 

Dongho went up to hug them in which they return the hug. Miyoung took him inside to how him his room.

 

Rahee and Jaebum stood there...in silence.

 

“I’m leaving. Take good care of him" Rahee said as she turned around.

 

“You can stay..if you want. However...Miyoung…”

 

Rahee shook her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter