Chapter 18

For Better or For Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum woke up to find a letter addressed to him on the night stand. It read:

Jaebum-ah,

I apologize for everything. If I could turn back time, I would’ve done everything I can to oppose of the marriage. I single-handedly destroyed our friendship. In the beginning our marriage was only for show, for the business. The feelings we had for each other was platonic and we both know that. Yet, for some reason, I wanted something else. Maybe a sense of security? I regret causing a disturbance in your relationship with Rahee. I regret forcing you to be with me instead. Was I jealous? Maybe so. I wanted a love that was similar to yours and Rahee. Anyways, I once again apologize. I’ve already told our parents about us, so you don’t have to worry. Just work on your mother. She may seem tough, but she is a softie. Hint: have Dongho around her more often and she will eventually accept Rahee. I wish you both a happy life together.

Sincerely,

Miyoung.

Rahee opened her door to take out the trash and a letter addressed to her fell on the floor. She picked it up and read it:

My best friend, the only one that won’t get mad at me for doing stupid ,

I’m sorry. I ed up so much that I don’t even know how to fix anything anymore. It wasn’t yours or Dong-Dong fault for the miscarriage. It was mine. The child was never meant to be in the first place. If time could turn back, I would’ve never let this marriage happened and return everything back to normal. Back to when we were still in school, joking, laughing, and being idiots. No matter how much time passed, you were always my best friend and deep down, I can never be mad at you. I hope you and Jaebum will be together happily forever. I genuinely do. Live your life happily RAHEE-YA!

Yours truly,

Miyoung.

P.S. Mrs. Im loves to bake so set some time to bake with her. She’ll get around.

As Mark was heading up to his apartment door, he noticed a blue envelope take on it. He opened it to see it was from Miyoung:

Mark,

Thank you for being by my side when things were tough. I know you’ve tried your best and I can’t be mad at you or anyone. I remember the first time I met you back in primary school. You were just a little kid who I was able to boss around. Eventually we grew up and as time goes by, without me noticing, you were in my heart. Maybe it was because you were always around me that I was blind. I wish I can turn back time. I wish you will find a girl who will love you, protect you, and be with you through thick and thin. Live a happy and carefree life, for both me and you.

Yours truly,

Miyoung.

Five years passed, and neither Rahee, Jaebum, nor Mark has heard from Miyoung again. Her number has changed, emails were never returned, The Kang family doesn’t really give them a direct answer when asked. Instead they said she went to travel and doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter