Chapter 08

For Better or For Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few weeks since Miyoung came home. She and Jaebum haven’t talked much, They don’t even sleep in the same room at this point. Jaebum would often work late at night, while Miyoung would be at the company catching up on working. Occasionally, she would have a few glass in between. Everytime Rahee called, she would ignore the calls. What else is there to say?

==========================================================================================================================

Jaebum stopped by Rahee’s apartment. Rahee had told Dongho to go to bed as she and Jaebum was in the kitchen.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I didn’t want you to know.”

 

“You don’t think I have the rights to know my own child?” Jaebum ws furious.

 

Rahee looked away. “Even if you knew, what can you do?”

 

Jaebum calmed down a bit. “When did you find out?”

 

“Before I left for France.”

 

Jaebum chuckled. “So the day you came to announce that you were leaving…”

 

Rahee nodded.

 

Jaebum couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

 

“I wasn’t planning to come back. But Jonghyun’s offer to me was really good that I couldn’t pass it up.”

==========================================================================================================================

Miyoung was drinking in the office. Jonghyun came in and took her glass away.

 

“Stop it.”

 

“Give it back. It’s after hours.” Miyoung grabbed her glass back.

 

“Do you think you drinking will change anything?” Jonghyun turned her around to face him. “Tell me...is your heart hurting because of Im Jaebum?”

 

She snickered.

==========================================================================================================================

The weekend has came around and it was another family golfing function. As the parents were golfing, Miyoung and Jaebum sat in the shade.

 

“I heard you’ve been drinking lately.” Jaebum said.

 

“What does that got to do with you?”

 

“Miyoung-ah, let’s not make this hard between us.”

 

“Hah. Hard? I’m not the one that complicated this matter. We could have just had a simple, quiet life...but no. You just had to have a child out there.

With Rahee. But of course, I’m not the one you love. Our child from the start was a mistake. A mistake.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter