Chapter 9: WooHyun

Dilemma

Normal - Narration / Speech

Italics - Thoughts / Flashback / Telepathy

 

Woohyun's Point of View

Location: Purgatory


Now that Yeolie returned, everything started to turn bright again. Yeolie is the mood maker in our team, especially during the two world tours. All the jokes he makes or the things that he do makes the situation so much funnier and brighter. I glad that he is in our team. Infinite, 7 members, 7 different colours; that is what makes us so unique not just in music but in other areas too. Choding will always grow up one day and in my eyes Yeolie is both a man and a choding. 

 

"Myungsoo is the one I am worried about. He is the only one left from Infinite alive. Will Inspirits still support him or Inspirits will leave him simply because we are not 7 anymore?

"Don't worry about him. He will be fine."

"Gyu-hyung, say that to yourself. Among all of us, you worry about him the most."

"Namu, what are you saying? Inspirits won't leave him just like that, we should have more faith in them."

 

Dongwoo-hyung is correct. Why do I think that way in the first place? Inspirits will never leave the fandom just because all of us aren't there anymore. I facepalmed myself.

Just then the shadow appeared again. Can it at least give us a warning before popping out of nowhere next time? Someone could die of a heart attack. Wait. We are all dead. 

 

 

You people are curious about the situation in the Real World huh...

 

We nodded of our heads. Of course we would, we left the Real World suddenly. Just then, Hoya returned.

 

I will fill you up on what happened in the Real World after your passing. For now, you should worry about your friend more.

You should have noticed by now that your friend in the box there is getting paler and looking sicker. It looks like his time to make his decision to stay here or go back is drawing nearer. 

 

The shadow handed a necklace with a green gem to Gyu-hyung.

 

Once the light in the green gem runs out, it is the time for your friend to make his decision. Choose wisely.

Oh and here. I heard that you guys form the band called Infinite in Real World right?

 

He gave all of us a necklace with an Infinite symbol. He gave me another extra necklace.

 

Pass that one to your friend there. I already placed one of these next to his bed in the Real World. This necklace is just for keepsake for him in here for the remaining time he has... He doesn't want to be left out does he? For you people, it gives you protection from evil spirits here in Purgatory.

See you later.

 

After the shadow disappeared, all of us placed the newly given necklace around our neck, with Gyu-Hyung hanging the Green Gem necklace around his neck too. 

 

 

"Oh Namu, it's your turn to visit L."

"Ok. Gyu-hyung. How much time do we have left?"

 

Gyu-hyung glanced at the gem necklace.

 

"Around 1 and a half hour based on the amount of light left. There is still Dongwoo and me. So try not to take that long."

"Ok got it Gyu-hyung! I'll be right back!"

 

With that said, I made my way to Myungsoo's black box; clutching tightly to his Infinite symbol necklace.

 

1 and a half hour left....

(End of Woohyun's POV)

 

Myungsoo's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's black box [3 times left to be together]


Didn't Howonie left quite a while ago? What is taking Namu so long? Geez. I feel weaker than before. Didn't Sunggyu-hyung explained to me that time is non-existent in here? Why does it seemed like I am running out of time. Namu. Even though he is not the second-oldest in our team, when Sunggyu-hyung is injured, sick or out of commision of some sort, Namu will jump in and replace him as a second leader. I guess that is why Sunggyu-hyung will feel safe enough to leave the team to Namu when he is going to the army soon.

Talking about Sunggyu-hyung... He was supposed to go to the army next year. Now that he is dead, I don't know whether is happy or sad that he will not be able to go to the army.

Namu has many roles in our team - A cook, a mum, or even just someone that take care of all of these hyper-active kids in the team. He provides a lot of support for Sunggyu-hyung as well as the team. I guess with him and Sunggyu-hyung around to take care of the rest, I do not need to worry about them not being safe in Purgatory.

 

 

"Sorry Myungie, I am here."


Namu's voice broke my thoughts. I saw him clutching something in his left hand. Those pale looking pair of hands that comfort and gives us support whenever the dongsaengs in the team needed the comfort and support.

 

"What's that in your left hand?"

"Oh this? Let me explain. When Hoya returned back to us in the Purgatory area, the shadow reappeared again. This."

 

He put the necklace around my neck. His hands are so warm. Or is it just me that is freezing?

 

"Is the necklace that the shadow gave us when he appeared again. He knew our existance as a group called Infinite back in the Real World so it gave us these necklaces wiht infinity symbol as a form of protection from evil spirits in Purgatory. This necklace doesn't do anything for you since you are not really part of the Purgatory officially yet, and you never will, because you will go back to the Real World no matter what you say. All of us will force you to go back. But..."

"But it is still ultimately my choice?"

"Yeah. He left a copy of this necklace next to your hospital bed in real life. Now come to think of it, what powers does it actually have?"

"I don't know...."

 

 

After some talk regarding the necklace, the atmosphere turned silent again. I don't really know what to say to Namu. Other than thanking him for taking care of me when he was still alive, I don't know what else to say to him.

 

 

"Myung-ah."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

"Wae? I didn't do anything."

"Yes you did. For staying alive for all of us. I know all of us may not be good hyungs to you and Jjong-ie but we did our best. Gyu-hyung and I used to cry a lot with each other when you guys are sleeping. Especially Gyu-hyung. Being a leader is never easy..."

"Namu...."

 

I went to hugged him as tightly as possible, taking in all his warmth as well as the same strawberry scent but less intense than Sunggyu-hyung.

 

"I want to thank you for taking care of the whole group with Sunggyu-hyung. It's never easy to take care a group of hyper-active kids. Even though you guys will not be there anymore, I will continue to take care of myself; and continue the Infinite legacy for you guys. I wanted to stay behind with you guys. I really do, but what Sunggyu-hyung said previously made me rethink again."

"Myung-ah. L-ie. I am going to miss you so much..."

"Me too... Don't forget me."

"All six of us wouldn't. Infinite is forever seven no matter where we are."

"Yeah..."

 

After hugging each other for quite sometime, Namu eventually released me. He wiped off the tears that had rolled down my cheeks, which I have no idea when they did. Those eyes that is almost the same as my mum's, those chocolate eyes. I will never forget those eyes filled with warmth and love. He kissed me on my forehead and stood up.

He gave me a few hearts before leaving the room. Haha, still the same heart pabo Namu.

 

I wished he can give me hearts forever. I want to give him hearts too. 

Those hearts reached my own heart, and will forever take a spot in it.

(End of Myungsoo's POV)


Author's Note:
Annyeong! It's your pabo author here again. English papers are over today!!! I think I am going to fail English....

Anyways, I present to you Chapter 9: Woohyun. Hahaha, I sometimes do ship the both of them together. Some of you might be wondering where do I get the idea of the Infinite necklace from. I suddenly remembered Dongwoo wearing one of these necklace in one of their variety shows. But I can't remember what is it. Mianhae.

Welp, I will be updating for the next two days since these few days is just English Listening paper and a small break before my Social Studies, History, Biology and Chemistry paper next week... Why did I take pure sciences?

Hahaha, I hope you have fun reading this chapter and remember to eat healthily!