Chapter 2: Where am I?

Dilemma

Normal - Narration/Speech

Italics - Thoughts

 

Myungsoo's point of view

Location: Unknown


I slowly opened my eyes. I was expecting it to be the road as I was lying on a hard surface; however it's not. I was staring to an unknown grey celing. 

 

 

Where the heck am I....? Where are the others?

 

 

I suddenly sat up and I frantically touched around my body checking for wounds. But they were not there. I am still wearing my comfortable wear which were still as clean as I last remembered. 

 

 

I promise....

 

 

Sunggyu-hyung. Looking around frantically, I can't find the members anywhere. I scratched my head as I stood up. 

 

 

Well.... I can't just lie here and do nothing...

 

 

I walked around, wanting to find my other members in this place that was giving me weird vibes. I turned around the corner to find a big living room full of chandeliers. Light was penetrating through the curtains of the windows in the living room. I stared at the bright light, giving me this weird temptation to walk towards it. While walking towards the light, I noticed a weird box on the floor. Full of curiosity, I bent down to examine the box.

 

 

Maybe this box can give me clues in solving where the hell I am....

 

 

The box was full of dates and different languages. Okay, so much for clues. I stared back at the light. The light is so warm. This is when a pair of hands suddenly covered my eyes. Without turning around, I already know who it is. That strawberry-scent could only be our one and only Leader-hyung.

 

 

"Sunggyu-hyung...."

"Myungsoo-ya.... please don't look at the light. I beg you."

"Hyung?"

 

 

What does he mean by that....?

(End of Myungsoo's POV)

 

 

Woohyun's Point of View

Location: Pugatory


(Before Myungsoo woke up)

 

I felt someone shaking me awake. That faint lemongrass smell - Sungjongie. I opened my eyes to see a pair of worried eyes looking at me. A blinding white sky was behind him. Memories of the accident suddenly start flooding back to me. Panicking, I hurriedly sat up, only to realise that I am perfectly fine.

 

 

"Woohyunie-hyung!"

"Sungjongie, where are we? Are you okay? Where is Sunggyu-hyung and the rest?"

 

 

I shot a lot of questions to our maknae. He gave me this warm eyes, and I immediately knew that I need to calm down first.

 

 

"About time you wake up, Namu. What took you so long?"

"Gyu-hyung!"

 

 

Sunggyu-hyung and the rest of the members walked towards me. All of them were cladded in all-black. I looked back down to realise that I am also cladded in all black. Come to think of it, I don't see Myungsoo around.

 

 

"Gyu-hyung where are we? Where's Myungsoo?"

"Apparently we are all clueless as well."

 

 

Just then a shadow appeared in front of us. Startled I hugged Sunggyu-hyung as we moved backwards.

 

I know you guys are confused and have a lot of questions...

This place is known as purgatory. It's the place where souls gets judged before they go to heaven. I am pretty sure you guys remember the accident right?

 

 

All of us nodded our heads. We all knew that the only way to understand the situation is by listening to the shadow.

 

 

All of you had already passed on. Myungsoo survived. Back on Earth he is in a coma on life-support. He is not dead yet. It is up to you to convince back to go back to Real World or accompany you to heaven...

Time is non-existent here. Take as much time as you need to discuss.

If you want to know where Myungsoo is, he is in the room over there...

 

 

The shadow pointed towards to a black box at the end of the row of black boxes. I guess this is where everybody is at when they choose they want to live or move on to Afterlife. The shadow disappeared and we were left staring at each other. I squeezed Sunggyu-hyung's warm hand.

 

 

Gyu-hyung what are we supposed to do now....?

(End of Woohyun's Point of View)

 

 

Sunggyu's Point of View

Location: Purgatory


(Before Myungsoo woke up, after the shadow's appearance)

 

Alll of us were crying. 

We sat around in a circle literally in the middle of this empty white space while the other souls walked past us. I Namu's hair as he was sobbing into my chest. I looked around to see Hoya and Dongwoo comforting each other while crying; Sungjongie and Sungyeol too. I have to be strong for my members. This is also a little too overwhelming for me. Something had to be done, I can't let Myungsoo follow us, he still has a chance to live on.

 

 

"Guys... I know you are sad that we are dead at such a young because of a stupid truck. However we still need to discuss about what we are going to do with Myungsoo."

"No. I don't want L-ie to follow us."

 

 

Sungyeolie choked out. Myungsoo has always meant a lot to him. I know in his heart he wants his friend to accompany him in the Afterlife but yet he also wants Myungsoo to continue living on when he has the chance to. This is going to be hard for him. Gradually, all the other members calmed down and looked at each other.

 

 

"Yeolie is right Gyu-hyung. We can't let Myungsoo follow us."

"L-hyung will not want to leave us, we will miss him too. However, he needs to go back when he has a chance."

 

 

All of us nodded in unison. I am glad that my dongsaengs are thinking the same way as I did. This is going to make everything easier than before. Smiling warmly, I hugged the other members in a group hug, wanting to give them as much encouragement as possible to make the situation seem more positive.

 

 

"Alright. Since everyone agreed. We need to convince that ShinMolNam to go back."

"Come on.... let's go"

 

 

Everyone sniffled a sob and stood up, heading towards the black box that the shadow pointed to us. I held onto Namu's hand as we walked towards the black box. 

 


Location: Myungsoo's black box

 

I reached opened the door, only to see Myungsoo staring out of the window towards the Purgatory.

 

 

No, I can't let him go there.... Not even see it.

 

 

I immediately released Namu's hand and ran towards Myungsoo and covered his eyes. He tensed up and then relaxed.

 

 

"Sunggyu-hyung?"

"Myungsoo-ya.... don't look at the light. Please I beg you."

"Hyung?"

 

 

Please don't look at the light... Myungsoo-ya....

(End of Sunggyu's POV)

 


Author's Note:

As promised, I present to you the second chapter of this story ^^

This story was thought by me, if it is similar to any other fiction it was not intended. This is just my take on Infinite's The Eye Music Video. Since the national exams is less than a week away, I need to go on a short one-month hiatus till 2 November. I will occasionally come online xD

P.S This story hasn't really been proof read yet. Sorry for some of the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Until we meet then... Annyeong!

Please stay healthy and safe everyone especially this change of seasons :)