Chapter 12: Final Choice

Dilemma

Normal - Narration / Speech

Italics - Thoughts / Flashback / Telepathy

 

 

Myungsoo's Point of View

Location: White Space


After what seemed like an eternity, the seven of us are reunited again. What is reminant of Sunggyu-hyung's emerald-lit gem dwindled down to a mere pale grey gem that brings about coldness and solitude.

It's finally time.... Time to choose huh...

 

As if on cue, the shadow appeared again. It's about time for it to show up.

 

 

Dear one, like what I said. It's time for you to choose. Make your choice.

 

 

The six other members stared at me, all giving me the same look from their eyes - warmth and sadness. That usual nervousness in their eyes when we were at the backstage, preparing for our comeback; right before the accident.

Does it really.... have to come to this...?

When we promised to never separate from each other....

And make music until the day we die peacefully?

 

 

Two days prior to our Over The Top album, which brought about our success, it was when we are filming for seasame player. Sunggyu-hyung got permission for us to take a break from our non-stop dancing practice. We went to the Han River, passing by Sunggyu-hyung's and Hoya's memorial playground. At the playground, we defied our managers, actually our company and pesuaded Sunggyu-hyung to buy chicken for us. After that meal, we went to our first debut stage.

After some time reminising our debut stage, we spend most of our time betting. In the end Sungjong-ie lost. Aigoo... his forehead.

We did some dance practice and after that, Sunggyu-hyung gave his usual pep talk.

"Be mine, fighting!"

 

 

Ok. I have made my decision. 

"I choose to go back. Back to the real world. Can I make one final request before I go...?"

 

The six members looked at me with both relief and curiosity.

 

"Give me some time to bid my final farewell to them."

 

 

Very well. I will leave your members to send you back.

 

 

The shadow snapped his fingers. Sunggyu-hyung's gem necklace disappeared from his neck. The six other members, in their hands, each have a small white button.

 

 

Once you guys have bid your farewell, press this white button all at once...

Then your friend will return back to his body in the reald world. After that, I have things to talk about to the others.

See you later...

 

 

Like that, it disappeared.

(End of Myungsoo's POV)

 

 

Sunggyu's Point of View

Location: White Space


Myungsoo chose to go back. He really did. I am so happy and relieved that he chose to go back. But I know, somewhere deep within me, a hint of sadness lingered.

 

We crowded around in a circle, hands back to back of each other; like what we always do when we win first everytime during a comeback.

But it's the last chance.... that all seven of us can do this.

 

"I am not going to give any pep talk this time round."

"Gyu-hyung, but it sounds like you are about to give one."

"Namu!"

"Mian."

 

After some time, we broke the circle. It's time for our Myungsoo to go back. Each of said our final goodbyes, and gave a final kiss on Myungsoo's cheek.

 

"Ready? Myungsoo it's time for you to go back. Back to the Real World."

"Yeah. I am ready. Thank you. For everything. For being my family. For being my team mates that helped me fulfilled my dreams of standing on the stage. I will miss you guys."

"We will too."

"L-ie, if you come back here on hot wheels, I am going to be very mad."

"Yes Yeolie. I get it. You said it a lot of times just now."

 

He then lied down on Sungyeolie's lap. We sat around him, one hand on his arms. Sungyeolie kept coming his chestnut-brown hair with his fingers.

 

And finally, after three counts,

all six of us pressed the small white button.

 

As his eyelids gradually closed, all six of us kept massaging his arms, giving him the warmest smile and look we could ever give, one hand holding our Infinity symbol necklace.

A tear slid down his pale cheeks as he finally closed his eyes and took his final breath.

He disappeared as small bright balls of white light; floating away, away from us. Until he finally comes back to us again in the future.

(End of Sunggyu's POV)


Author's Note:

Yay!!! Exams are over. The first part that is...

Sorry for not updating for a week? Around there. Myungsoo finally made his choice. Sorry this chapter is quite short.

Of course, this is not the end of this story yet. There is still more :p I can't just leave the story like this can I? I will probably update every single day, depending on my availability.

See you at the next chapter! :D

P.S This fanfiction is really thought by me. Any similarity to other fanfictions are coincidental.