Chapter 4: Chaos and Tears

Dilemma

Normal - Narration/Speech

Italics - Thoughts/Flashback

 

Sungjong's Point of View

Location: Purgatory


Somehow we ended outside L-hyungie's box again. What exactly is going on? Other than us knowing that we are dead, is something else kept hidden from us that we are supposed to know? Just when I was immersed in my thoughts, the shadow suddenly appeared again right in front of us. Geez. At least warn us before appearing suddenly. 

 

 

You guys are confused what is going on isn't it...

I forgot to mention that only one can enter the black box at a time. Sorry. If all of you were to enter the box at once, there is a time limit before everyone is teleported back out again. There is no limit as in how long one and the number of times one individual can enter the box.

Since you guys now know this, be sure to take note. Everyone can only enter the box together the maximum of five times. If not, your friend in the black box will not have the choice to go back to Real World.

See you again...

 

 

With that said, the shadow disappeared again. Talking about guidance. How can it leave such an important detail out when he telling us what was going on here just now? I mentally facepalmed myself as the hyungs were complaining here and there, gesturing out of frustration.

 

 

"Sunggyu-hyung?!"

 

 

Sungyeolie-hyung suddenly voiced out. Just then, Sunggyu-hyung ran past me towards Myungsoo's black box. 

 

 

"You guys stay here first! Why do I sense Myungsoo stepping out of his box?! Aish that kid!"

 

 

Sunggyu-hyung turned his neck around shouting while running towards the black box. He then look forward again and rushed towards the black box. Looking at Sunggyu-hyung's silhouette that eventually disappeared into the white fog, I glanced at the other hyungs, not sure what to do next.

 

 

"Since we can only enter one by one or enter together the maximum of fiv - no four times now, I guess we are staying here. Want to play a game to past "time" until Sunggyu-hyung comes out?"

"Well, it is better than sulking around."

 

 

Hahahaha..... I guess no matter where we are, we are still Infinite afterall.

 

 

With that thought in mind, I flashed out a grin as I walked towards the group.

(End of Sungjong's POV)

 

 

Minseok's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's hospital room


I just lost six of my brothers in a car accident. I only have Myungsoo left. I squeezed Myungsoo's left hand firmly, the back of his hand as I sadly glanced at his pale yet peaceful face. He can be mistaken for taking a nap if it wasn't for the tube that was going down his throat. 

After one intense night, Myungsoo's doctor-in-charge finally said that he has passed the worst of it but will still remain under observation in the Intensive Care Unit for at least a few more days. That is that, but how on earth am I going to break it to him that his six other members, whom he treat them as his real brothers, died in that stupid accident when he wakes up?

 

 

"Hey, we should go climb mountain sometimes together after Minseok-hyung finish shooting for his drama!"

Sungyeolie suggested.

"Ya ya... andwae, I don't want to climb the mountain..."

"Gyu-hyung, you should try experiencing climbing one, you will regret if you never tried climbing one."

"We have a comeback tomorrow and you want to climb a mountain? What if we injure ourselves when we are climbing?"

Sunggyu-hyung hit the back of Woohyunie's head.

"Ok ok, we will climb the mountain after all of our schedules ended okay...?"

"Fine... fine..."

The eight of us laughed as we continued to eat.

 

 

A few tears rolled down my cheeks when I thought of the gathering at the cafe near the company building the day before the accident. We promised to climb the mountain together after their promotions and my drama filming. Now, we can't even fulfill that promise anymore. I hung my head low as the faces of the six other members appeared in my mind.

My thoughts cut off suddenly when Myungsoo's cardiac monitor started to buzz loudly.

 

Myungsoo! L-ie!

 

Panic rised withing me as I started smashing the emergency button. The nurses and doctors came rushing in immediately as I was ushered out of the room, as I see my friend being resuscitated by the doctors.

 

 

No L-ie.... Please don't leave me.... not you too...

(End of Minseok's POV)

 

 

Myungsoo's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's black box [Four times left to be reunited together as 7]


The light felt so warm as it shone upon me. I expected it to be painful as it shone so brightly, however it is not that painful as I expected it to be; but instead gave me this lukewarm feeling that I longed for rather than this stupid cold, hard stone floor. I stepped one step out of the box when unexpectedly a person started dragging me back into the box. It's the familar strawberry scent again. They are still here. However, I want to be together with them, in the Purgatory before going to heaven with them. I don't want to go back to Real World alone. Desperately, I tried to resist Sunggyu-hyung, but he was stronger than me.

 

 

"Myungsoo-ya! Pabo! Andwae! Stop it! I told you not to go into the light!"

"Andwae hyung! I want to be with you guys! I don't want to be alone!"

 

 

After a few attempts of struggling, I eventually gave up and sat down on the floor. Sunggyu-hyung started to my hair as I started breaking down again. How many times did I actually cry since I woke up here? 

 

 

"Myungsoo-ya.... Pabo... You are not going to be alone in the Real World. There are still people waiting for you back on Earth. What about Minseok-ie? Your umma, your dongsaeng? Do you really want to leave them alone?"

"But I don't want to leave you guys here! How is Infinite the same when not all 7 of us are not together? Answer me hyung! Why do you want me to go back to Earth? Don't you guys miss me? Tell me hyung!"

" Pabo-ya. Because we love you. That's why we want you to leave us here and go back to Earth."

 

 

Sunggyu-hyung sentence calmed me down instantly. They want me to go back because they love me? Sunggyu-hyung used his thumb and wiped away my tears that rolled down my cheeks. He gave me his warm smile. He my hair as he whisperred softly into my ears.

 

 

"You still have a chance to live unlike us. Why would we want you to be with us when you still can go back? I know the seven of us weren't be together anymore, but with you, you still carry on our legacy. It doesn't matter how it was done, but who. Even though we wouldn't be there for you anymore, we will still be in your heart no?"

"Hyung..."

"Please Myungsoo. Go back to the Real World. For your umma, your dongsaeng. For Inspirit. For us."

 

 

Is there really no other choice...?

(End of Myungsoo's POV)


Author's note:

Annyeong! It's your shameless author here again. I did announce a hiatus. But I don't even know whether it is going to happen anymore. =.=

There is no point to keep studying if you can't absorb anything, right?

Anyways, if you are curious about Minseok's sudden appearance in this fanfiction, I am going to explain why. I know that Minseok has a close relationship with Infinite, and sometimes us Inspirit do say that he is the so-called Eighth member xD. So I think that it is a good (?) idea to add his point of view in this fic?

I don't know when will be the next time I will be updating this fanfic though. I'll see how my studies are going? Don't worry, I wouldn't let this affect my studies.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!