Chapter 8: Hoya

Dilemma

Normal - Narration / Speech

Italics -  Thoughts / Flashback / Telepathy

 

Hoya's Point of View

Location: Purgatory


Sungyeol left the group and went towards the black box. Our maknae returned a few moments later. After what Dino had said about us breaking the promise to Inspirits, we had been dead silent. Everyone is sad about their own passing, leaving Inspirits behind and what we had built from the scratch up. It's difficult to accept, but this is reality and we have no choice to accept it.

 

 

"What's wrong? Why are you guys suddenly so quiet? Sungyeolie-hyung told me you guys were talking about our trainee and rookie days."

"Yeah Sungjong-ie, we were talking about it. Just that we suddenly thought of Inspirits right back on Earth in the Real World."

 

We spent quite a long while in the deafening silence. 

 

Naega meonjeo malhaesseoya haetneunde Ijeya neowa maju anja....

 

Just then, Namu started singing. That first sentence was originally Sungyeol's but still, Namu is still our main vocal. The song that was released years ago that was dedicated to Inspirits - With. 

Unknowingly, all of us started singing along.

All of us started shedding tears. Again. We really are a crybaby group huh? Even Sunggyu-hyung cried.

 

 

Right after we finished singing the song, with some off-tuned notes along way due to all the crying, Sungyeol returned; dumbfounded at the scene that we were sitting in a circle, crying while singing.

 

 

"Errr... Hoya, it's your turn now?"

"Oh ok. Thanks. Can't you just use telepath me the moment u step out of the box? It saves way more time."

"But it looks like I made a good decision not to suddenly break this sullen atmosphere with a telepath signal out of nowhere right?"

"Yeah, you're right when come to think of it."

 

I wiped my tears and calmed myself down. I don't want L-ie to see that the others actually cried outside the box. That will just want him to stay here more. I stood up and headed towards Myungsoo's box.

 

We can't let him stay here. Even if we have to force him to.

(End of Hoya's POV)

 

 

Myungsoo's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's black box [3 times left to be together]


Howonie...huh. I still remember the times that we were so awkward with one another despite being confirmed to be in the same team when we are trainees. Infinite was originally 5 - Sunggyu-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung, Namu, Howon-ie and me. I was supposed to be the maknae until Sungjongie and Yeolie joined; which I am very grateful that they did. Infinite would be so different without them. Howon-ie takes some time to be socialise with people. He is awkward around people that he is not really close too. I bet the Inspirits do know that since it was broadcasted on "This is Infinite" before. 

I am also worried about that Purple-loving tough guy. He is tough on the outside, but soft on the inside. 

 

 

"I say Ho... you say?"

"Ya. Howon-ie you're here."

"Geez, still sticking to my real name?"

"What I think it is a nice name."

 

Howon-ie took a sit next to me. We stayed silent. Not sure what we are supposed to say to each other. The situation always turn awkward when Howon-ie is alone with someone. Not with Dongwoo-hyung though... Yadong couple heh?

 

"This situation is so awkward."

"Hahahaha I know."

"Still remember the times we are trainees? When we were originally five."

"I do. I glad that Infinite is 7. Will always be 7."

"I am glad that you are not dead."

"Why? You don't like me so you want me gone?"

"NO! I want you to be here with us. You were the original maknae, even though you are not one, you are still one of the youngest in our team."

"So you don't like Sungjong-ie?"

"Aish! It's not like that. Don't say it like that."

 

It's so funny teasing Howon-ie sometimes. His face will remain static, but his ears will turn as red as tomatoes. At least he will be with the other hyungs and Sungjong. At least he will have accompaniment of the other hyungs before he make more friends here in Purgatory. 

 

Suddenly, he gave me a tight hug which actually hurts, but it is comforting.

 

"Myungsoo-ya, L-ah, ShinMolNam, I am going to miss you so much. Stay safe on Earth okay? Eat more, sleep more. Don't work too hard. All of us won't be there to take care of you anymore. If you injure yourself, all of us will be sad too."

"Ok..hyung... arasso. You guys have to promise me that you guys will never leave each other and take care of each other. Okay?"

"Yes mum..."

 

WIth that, Howon-ie gave me one firm pat to my shoulders. Even though his is smiling, his onyx eyes are filled with tears.

Like that, he disappeared into that bright light.

But the feeling of his firm pat on my shoulder will never disappear.

(End of Myungsoo's POV)


Author's note:
Aigooo... I did promise to post in the afternoon. I was studying so I lost track of time =.=

I can't break promises right? I

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I have to admit that is kinda short, because I don't really know how to write the interactions between Hoya and L. Mianhae...

Now it is 12.15 am here, I have a paper in the afternoon so I shall go sleep now :D

Nites and stay healthy :D *gives ping-pong hearts*