Chapter 13: Back Home

Dilemma

Normal - Narration / Speech

Italics - Thoughts / Flashback / Telepathy

 

 

Myungsoo's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's hospital room


 

My body feel so heavy. That dull constant beeping sound coming from my left-hand side - it looks like I am back to the Real World.

I found the strength to open my eyes. Only to close them forcefully again as the sunlight penetrated from the window nearby.

After a few minutes, I opened my eyes again, only to see an unfamilar ceiling. The sickening smell of medicine and antiseptic solutions suddenly hit me. I lifted my left arm only to see an IV drip attached to it. I scanned around the room; many flower bouquets and get-well-soon cards neatly arranged on the table opposite the bed. It is just after I scanned the room, I only then realised something is around my neck - the infinity symbol necklace. The same exact copy that I was given.

 

 

We will miss you... see you again.

 

 

Feeling drained after all these actions, I eventually drifted off to sleep again, missing my members more than ever, wishing to dream about them again in the much needed sleep I need. Unknowingly, I started crying.


After what seem like a few mins, hours actually, I woke up again. Groaning due to the dull pain in my head, I tried peeling open my heavy eyelids again.

 

"Myungsoo!" Someone shouted.

 

Along with the sudden shout, his voice rang loudly in my head, worsening my already intensifying headache. I closed my eyes, trying to soothe the pain.

 

"Doctor!!"

 

This voice. It belonged to Minseok-hyung. Geez... I know he means well. Can he don't shout?

 

"Myungsoo-ya, gwenchana? Can you see me?"

"Wat...er..."

 

Hearing the sound of a cup filling beside the bed, Minseok-hyung lifted my head gently. His hands are still as warm as I remembered. 

 

"Here. Drink slowly." he whispered. I think he already know that his loud voice will cause me a headache.

 

Water painfully entered my throat, making me cough.

 

"Myungsoo-ya you okay?"

 

I nodded my head. A tear slid down his pale face. He used a tissue to wiped the water that I did not drink that dripped down from the sides of my mouth.

 

"You're finally back."

"I'm...back..."

 

I lifted my arm, to touch the infinity symbol necklace around my neck.

 

 

They're gone.


8 Months later

Location: Stadium, First Woollim concert

 

"Kim Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo!"

 

It's been a while since I stepped back on stage. It's a Woollim concert anyway. Lovelyz and Golden Child were at the backstage preparing for their own stages as I am the first one to step on stage after our opening act together.

 

After several discussion with CEO-nim, the company allowed me to debut again as a solo artist, with a few tracks featuring Minseok-hyung. Inspirits supported me via online platforms, and I am happy that I am able to continue my member's legacy.

Minseok-hyung filled me up with everything that I missed in the month that I was out of commision - technically when I am in Purgatory. I watched the video that my company recorded for me - the public service of the other members. From the video, the devasted look of our fellow inspirits, and how the Kpop industry suddenly turned silent due to our group's mishap. The industry paid tribute to us for a week. I paid a tribute to all my other members resting places, as well as the Infinite monument built right outside of the company's building. I will place a 6 different flowers, each flower representing each of the members each week after I discharged from the hospital one month after I woke up from my month-long coma.

I spent most of this time recovering from the accident through physio therapy; my left leg was badly broken from the accident and I will not be able to dance as well as before anymore. I used this time to record my new solo album, participating in writing lyrics as well as composing one of the tracks in the album.

 

 

"This first song, I would like to thank you all for your continuous support. As well as a tribute to my six fellow brothers that left us."

 

I started singing my own self-composed song in the album. The album was released two weeks ago. My first mini solo album acheived an all-kill despite me being on a hiatus for nearly a year.

Thinking about all the happy times that all seven of us spent together on the stage, I sang the song with my utlmost ability. Unknowningly, tears starts to roll down my cheeks.

 

After the song, Minseok-hyun joined me on stage for the next song as a featured artist. Minseok-hyung has a great singing voice. He used to be a trainee, waiting to be debutted as an idol, however, in the end, he debutted as an actor. After Descendants of The Sun, he became one of the most popular actors in the industry, with more and more dramas waiting to cast him. I left the stage after the song, with Lovelyz performing next.

 

After several stages from Lovelyz and Golden Child, all of us went back to the stage for the final stage - Be Mine. Even though I still unable to dance, I sat on the stool at the side of the stage as our dongsaeng groups danced to "Be Mine". Singing "Be Mine" after every Woollim idol concert became a compulsory stage at the end of each concert, to ensure that Infinite will never be forgotten; the one that brought the company success.

As I sat on the stool during the last stage peformance, I am shocked to see six of my members, at the front of the audience; smiling at me, cheering for me. Even if I can't hear their cheers, being able to see them is more than enough .

After the stage, I was planning to jump down the stage to see them, even my leg is still injured. However they were gone. Thinking that it was just my imagination, I solemnly went back to my preparation room.

 

That day, after returning home after the concert. I left my bag beside the table, only to realised six letters - Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink and Yellow on my desk.

Hastily, I opened the letters one by one, only to realise it is actually personalised letters left from each my members.

I cried as I read their messages. It was not my imagination. They are here all along. Protecting me and the others, as their rightful duty as guardian angels. It was only by chance that I was able to see them.

 

 

Thank you for being here for me.... I will join you in the future. 

(End of Myungsoo's POV)


Author's Note:

Hello! I am back with another long chapter. xD

Nope this chapter is still not the end of this story yet. After this story ends, which is soon *hint hint*, I am thinking of starting another fan fiction. What genre should I base it on? Feel free to leave a comment down below :)

Yes, the six members became angels, you will know more the next chapter. :D

See you at the next chapter. It's the raining season here. I think it should be fall / winter around your countries. Please don't fall sick >.<