Chapter 3: Alone again.

Dilemma

Normal - Narration/Speech

Italics - Thoughts / Flashback

 

Dongwoo's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's Black Box


 

Myungsoo's face brightened up when he realised all of us were here. He started to breakdown in front of Sunggyu-hyung. Sunggyu-hyung started his hair to calm him down. Sungyeolie went to hug Myungsoo as well and all of us gradually follow suit. He was indeed traumatised. I wouldn't blame him though, I would freak out too. 

 

After a few minutes, Myungsoo's crying dwindled down to a few hiccups every now and then. Sensing that Myungsoo had finally calmed down, Sunggyu-hyung started explaining everything to him - Including where this place is, why all of us were here. 

 

 

"All of us are dead except you Myungsoo-ya."

"L-ie..."

 

 

Knowing what actually happened, Myungsoo tensed up again and started crying again. Yeolie rushed and embraced him, soothing him with soft whispers while rocking him back and forth. All of us were at the side, not sure what is the next sensible course of action and all of us started crying as well.

 

 

"Gyu-hyung?! Gwenchana?"

 

 

There was just sniffling sounds everywhere when suddenly Woohyunie's voice broke it. I turned towards the sound of direction only to see Sunggyu-hyung suddenly fell towards Woohyunie. Woohyunie broke his fall before he can reach the ground. Shocked and concerned, the 5 of us rushed towards him.

 

 

"I don't know. I suddenly feel so weak. Urgh..."

"Ya ya ya! Gyu-hyung?! Hyung!"

"Sunggyu-hyung!"

 

 

Sunggyu's face scrunched up in pain mid-sentence, his eyes fluttered shut and he passed out. Woohyunie shook him vigorously, but Sunggyu-hyung still laid limply in his arms. Now that the leader is unconscious, I am the second oldest. However, I wasn't sure what we do next. All of us were worried and curious why Sunggyu-hyung suddenly passed out.

 

 

"What should we do now Dongwoo-hyung?"

"I don't know... I guess the best course of action is to wait for Sunggyu-hyung to wake up."

 

 

With that said, I bridal carried Sunggyu-hyung from Woohyunie's arms to the sofa at the corner of the room. Our maknae came in with a basin of cold water and a towel from the bathroom. He placed the cold towel on Sunggyu-hyung's forehead and stared at him worryingly. All of us gathered around the sofa, with the defeaning silence filling the place again.

 

 

What do we do now....?

(End of Dongwoo's POV)

 

Sunggyu's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's hospital room


I woke up. Somehow I am next to Myungsoo's body in the Intensive Care Unit. CEO-nim and Geonam-hyung are standing outside of the room. I glanced at Myungsoo's body. All bruised and beaten up. Left arm and right leg in a cast. Face pale as sheet. I grimanced as I saw the intubator tube down his throat. I tried touching him but my hand went through him. Creepy. Saddened by this, I decided to exit the room through the door. Ok there is no point opening the door when I can just walk through it.

 

 

"My boys.... they're gone. Myungsoo's left and in this state. What are we going to do now? How are we going to break it to their parents?"

"I don't know... But Myungsoo will be fine. I know he will."

 

 

I stood next to them listening attentively to their conversation. At least Myungsoo and Jungwook-hyungie are still after the accident. They desperate faces made me feel so useless that I unable to tell them that the seven of us are fine right back at the Purgatory. Just then, the TV nearby started reporting the news of our accident.

 

"We have receive reports that there was a huge traffic accident here on the highway heading towards Seoul as a truck reportedly went against the traffic. The truck driver later died of his injures at the scene after running into 5 cars and 1 van, causing 14 deaths and 5 casualties.

Among the 14 deaths is the idol group INFINITE consisting of Kim Sung Kyu, Jang Dong Woo, Nam Woo Hyun, Lee Howon, Lee Sung Yeol, Kim Myung Soo and Lee Sung Jong when the truck collided the van with full force.

Kim Myung Soo who is also known as L is the only one alive from the accident, but he remains in critical condition when rushed to the hospital. Tributes will be paid to the six members later today.

Woollim entertainment has not released an official statement about this accident and it is rumoured to set up a press conference later today.

More updates about this accident will be given. Moving on..."

 

 

What are we going to do now? What about Inspirits who are devastated because of our sudden passing? 

 

 

All this thought filled my head as I went back to Myungsoo's room. Just when I walk through the door, that was when I out again.

 

Location: Myungsoo's Black Box


"Gyu-hyung!"

"Sunggyu-hyung!"

 

Hearing Namu's and Jongie's voices I know that I am back here at the Purgatory. Something cold was on my forehead. I must have frightened them. I opened my eyes to find 6 worried faces hovering above me. I sat up slowly on the sofa, assuring that I am fine over and over again when they bombarded me with questions to check whether I am okay. 

 


"Ok Ok. Calm down. I am fine as you can see. I will explain what happened to me when I passed out. "

 

 

They looked at me attentively as I explain everything to them. 

 

After explaining to them that I was sent back to Earth unknowingly when I supposedly passed out here, I get to know the current situation on Earth. Suddenly, all of us were teleported back to where we were previously, leaving Myungsoo all alone in the black box again.

 

 

What the hell is going on...?

(End of Sunggyu's POV)

 

Myungsoo's Point of View

Location: Myungsoo's black box


(After the members' sudden disappearance)

 

Yeolie's warm hand suddenly disappeared. Everyone disappeared again. Leaving me here all alone in this big, empty living room. I stood up looking fratically for them. 

 

 

I just got them back a while ago.... They can't be gone again. No!

 

 

I searched every corner of the room. In the closet, in the bathroom, every nook and cranny of the room. That would only mean one place left. The light outside the windows.

 

 

Please don't look at the light....

 

 

What Sunggyu-hyung previously said replayed in my brain.

 

 

No. I don't want Yeolie or them to leave me again.

 

 

I slowly walked towards the light. Hesitantly. Should I listen to Sunggyu-hyung and leave them alone in that empty white place?

 

 

Should I...?

(End of Myungsoo's POV)


Author's Note:
Hello! I am back with another chapter. In the previous, I did mention my hiatus. Hahahahaha =.=

But I have decided to write this chapter because I need to take a break from all the studying. Sigh, what has exams done to me? This chapter is slightly long-winded so forgive me >.<

First time attempting a fan fiction is never easy huh. Yes, I am nocturnal. It's around 2 am here.

Hope all of you will enjoy this new chapter :)