Queen Of Hollywood VI

Soosica's One Shots Collection (Authors Collaboration)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 4 hours of rehearsal at the venue nearby, Jessica finally had her alone time in her office. There was a scripted text on her desk which she needed to go through for the pre-concert press conference later that night.

That night would be the final concert for the Asia Tour and it was back in Seoul. The past 5 months had been crazy. Not just for her, but for the whole crew. They had been in multiple countries and sleeping in different hotels each week. All shows, venues, and tickets were sold out as soon as the tour was announced. With all the rehearsals, the shows, her body was just aching terribly. But deep down she loved every minute of it. Seeing the fans happy was what kept her going. And not forgetting having Sooyoung in the tour with her. Sometimes she wondered why she had not noticed Sooyoung all these years. How could she overlook this amazing girl who all this while had been under her nose?

As planned, after the tour she would be taking a well-deserved one-year break from the entertainment world. She had been working hard for the past 5 years. She deserved this break, to also be with her family and most importantly to finally be able to spend quality time with Sooyoung. Ever since they got together, the only alone time they got was after a long tiring day. During the tour, they were physically around each other, but it was all for work.

Jessica turned her attention to the scripted text which her team prepared for her when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Come in.” She responded with her eyes looking at the text.

“Hey.”

Jessica looked at the person and it was none other than her manager, Yuri.

“Hey.” Jessica put the text aside and invited the woman to sit opposite of her. “How’s the rehearsal?” Yuri asked softly.

“You tell me Yul, you were there.” Jessica smiled.

“Oh you saw me?”

“I’m sure you won’t miss the chance to see me in rehearsal for the last time.” Jessica said softly as she landed her back on her high back office chair. That would be Yuri’s last day as her manager as she had informed before that she would leave the job after the last concert of the tour.

“You know me well.” Yuri chuckled.

“So how was I just now?” Jessica asked as she was trying to make small talks with the woman. Their relationship had not been the best during the whole tour due to what happened. But they still kept their professionalism when it came to work.

“Amazing as always.” Yuri smiled.

“I know.” Jessica joked.

“Tonight will be the best night. You need to live it.” She said.

“You have been such a great support throughout my career.” Jessica mumbled.

“We did it together Jess.”

“I’m sorry it has to end.” She said softly.

“Sometimes, good things come to an end to pave way for better things.” Yuri said positively.

“So what are you planning to do next?” Jessica asked in concern.

“First thing first, I’m just going to catch up on my sleep. 5years worth of sleep.” She said jokingly. Both of them had a laugh. “Jess, don’t worry about me. I will be fine.” She added looking at the woman.

“I’m not worried about you Yul. I know you will do fine.” Jessica had faith in Yuri. Any artist would be lucky to have her as a manager.

“So, for my last day, is there anything with the script that you want my help with?” Yuri said enthusiastically.

“Hmm.. you know every press conference there will be a question about my personal life?”

“Jessica Jung, do you have someone special in your life? Are you seeing anyone?” Yuri acted how the press would ask during a press conference.

“I’m thinking of revealing Sooyoung.” Jessica said as she looked at the woman. “Are you sure?” Yuri straightaway asked back.

“Yes. I’m not going to hide this anymore.” Jessica said confidently.

“You must love her so much.” Yuri mumbled.

“I do. I have never felt anything so real.” Jessica said.

“When you are in this entertainment business, it’s hard to find anything real. So hold on to it Jess.” Yuri said softly. “But, I need you to consider every aspect before letting the world know.” She added.

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

“Sooyoung is the most reserved and private person I’ve ever known. Don’t you think by making the relationship public will affect her? and let's not even mention her mother.” Yuri had a point. 

“My advice is, think this through. Don’t rush it.” She smiled before she stood up from the chair. Jessica stood up as well and then they shared a friendly hug.

“Thank you for everything. I am sure going to miss having you around.” Jessica smiled.

“Don’t say your goodbyes yet. I’m still going to be here until after the concert. We still have the after party, tonight right?” Yuri smiled before she left the office. Jessica just let out a long deep sigh as she thought deep to herself.

*******

Jessica was looking at her phone while her make-up artist Hyoyeon was preparing her for the final show that night. But she needed to attend the press conference in 30mins before the show started.

“Can you believe it, it’s the last show tonight.” Hyoyeon said with a smile as she was applying a pink lipstick to the woman.

“I know right. 5months just passed by so fast.” Jessica responded.

“Are you flying to the US to see your family after the show?” Hyoyeon went on to ask.

“Yes, but in 4 days’ time. There’s a few things I need to settle first.” She smiled as she was looking at her phone.

“Feels good to finally have a long holiday, right?” Hyoyeone smiled before she applied another color of lipstick.

“Oh you must have heard that I’ll be on a long hiatus.”

“Yep. And you deserved it. You’ve worked so hard.” Hyoyeon replied as she went to fix the singer’s hair.

Jessica grabbed her phone and tried texting her girlfriend whom she had been trying to get in touch with since afternoon. She knew how busy Sooyoung must be during concert day as she had to oversee so many things. She was planning to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter