Break You

Soosica's One Shots Collection (Authors Collaboration)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time was almost 10.30PM and it was raining heavily outside. Sooyoung was lying on the bed alone. She just got up from a 4 hours’ sleep. She looked around the room and felt relieved that for the longest of time, she finally back at her house, in her room. She had lost track on how long she had been in the hospital.

Suddenly she heard the door was opened and Jessica came in to the room. “You’re awake.” She said softly. “Sorry that I’ve been sleeping too much.” Sooyoung smiled weakly. She was a cancer survivor.

“No, don’t apologize for that.” Jessica sat on the bed next to her partner of 2 years.

“Why haven’t you visited me so much at the hospital?” Sooyoung asked.

“I’m sorry. I’ve just been busy. With work and everything.” Jessica replied. Sooyoung then reached for her hand. “It’s okay. I’m just glad that you’re here.” Sooyoung smiled. Jessica seemed uncomfortable. She pulled her hand away from Sooyoung’s and stood up from the bed.

Sooyoung looked at her girlfriend a bit confused. “Hmm okay. What’s wrong?” She asked weirdly.

“How are you feeling right now?” Jessica asked with her arms crossed. She tried to change to subject.

“Jessica, talk to me. What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked again.

“How are you feeling Sooyoung?” Jessica asked the same question.

“I’m feeling better Jess. I still have one radiation treatment left, but that’s not for a couple of weeks. It’s just nice to know that I have you here by my side.” Sooyoung mumbled.

Jessica nodded her head, looking a bit distracted. Of course Sooyoung noticed that the woman was not really paying attention to what she was saying.

“Hmm that’s good I guess.” Jessica replied.

“Jessica!” Sooyoung raised her voice a bit. She knew something was not okay with her girlfriend. She had never seen her that restless before.

Jessica turned her head towards Sooyoung. “What is wrong with you?” Sooyoung questioned. “Sorry, I just have a lot in my mind.” Jessica replied, still looking rather restless. Then, she paced back and forth in front of Sooyoung.

“Talk to me baby. I know I haven’t been around for the past couple of months, I’m here now.” Sooyoung comforted her girlfriend. Jessica then stopped in front of the bed again and looked at her.

“Sooyoung, I’m breaking up with you.” Jessica said without an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter