Forgivable Sinner

Soosica's One Shots Collection (Authors Collaboration)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will I look good in this?” Krystal asked her friend Luna. Both of them were in the mall shopping. They needed to buy a costume for their office Halloween Party this weekend. Krystal always hated this time of the year. Wearing costumes is just so stupid. As much as she voted for a non-costume party every year, it would always end the other way around.

“I seriously hate this.” Krystal mumbled. “Try to enjoy it Krys.” Luna said softly. Luna had found her costume at an earlier shop where she decided to be a zombie pregnant woman this year. Krystal wanted a simpler ones. “Can I be like a soldier or something?” Krystal asked.

“You were already a soldier last year Krys.” Luna rolled her eyes.

“I can be a bloody soldier this year.” Krystal smiled. They were actually having a great time shopping for costumes. “Aish, why didn’t I think of a pregnant zombie!” Krystal exclaimed loudly. Luna always had the best idea in everything.

While she was busy looking around the store, she saw someone saw familiar not too far from her. It was her sister in law, Sooyoung. When she was about to go nearer to the woman, she saw that there was someone else was with her and it was not her sister Jessica.

From a far, she could see that both women were somewhat affectionate to each other. They were holding hands, kissing and laughing. Krystal really couldn’t believe what she was seeing at the time. Sooyoung and her sister have been married for 7 years. There were never any signs that their relationship was in trouble, Krystal thought to herself.

“Should I go to her.. Should I not go to her..” Krystal just didn’t know what to do. “Oh god..” She groaned to herself. She was hiding behind a mannequin at the time. “Krys, what are you doing?” Suddenly Luna came up to her.

“Shhhh!”

“What??” Luna was clueless and then she saw the person Krystal was stalking from afar. “Eh? Is that your sister in law?” Luna whispered.

“Yes!! And she’s with another womannnnn!”Krystal whispered back.

“Oh my god! You need to tell your sister!!” Luna responded.

“Aish. I don’t know what to do. Jessica would be crushed.” Krystal then pulled Luna’s hand to go to out of the store.

“Your sister needs to know about this!” Luna exclaimed back trying to put some sense into her friend’s mind. “Yes, Luna I know my sister needs to know about this. But surely she would be devastated!” Krystal argued back. At the time they were talking in front of the store.

“Or maybe I should talk to Sooyoung first..” Krystal looked at Luna.

“What are you gonna say to her?” Luna asked.

“I don’t know!” Krystal exclaimed loudly.

“Krystal?” Suddenly her name was being called from behind. Both of them turned their heads to look at the person.

“Oh hey Sooyoung.” Krystal smiled awkwardly.

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked before she gave her sister in law a hug.

“Hmm.. you know. The bank’s Halloween Costume Party. I’m looking for a costume.” Krystal reminded Sooyoung. “Oh yeah yeah. What are you planning on to be this year? You were a soldier last year right?” Sooyoung smiled.

“Yeah.” Krystal replied awkwardly. Then, Luna elbowed her arm. “Hmm, do you have a minute? I would like to talk to you.” Krystal straightaway asked Sooyoung.

“Hmm.. I’m here with a friend. She’s looking for a costume as well. Maybe you can stop by the house later tonight? We’ll talk by then.” Sooyoung suggested.

“No. I wanna talk right now.” Krystal insisted.

“Krys, is there something wrong?” Sooyoung felt a bit weird. Krystal was never like that.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at work okay.” Luna quickly excused hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter