I Can't Break It To My Heart

Soosica's One Shots Collection (Authors Collaboration)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooyoung, I need your help.” Yuri said the moment Sooyoung opened the door to her room. “Hmm okay.” Sooyoung responded; as she invited her best friend inside her room. She had been staying in a small room inside the campus for over 3 years now and that month would be her last month staying there as she would be finishing with her master’s thesis.

“What’s up?” Sooyoung asked. Yuri was sitting on her bed while she sat on a chair.

“I’ve never told this to anyone.” Yuri started to explain. “Told what?” Sooyoung asked curiously.

“I’m dating Jessica Jung.” Yuri confessed.

“WHAT?????” Sooyoung was clearly surprised. She had never been that surprise in her life before. “Jessica Jung as in the president of the student council Jessica Jung??” Sooyoung was trying to make sure.

“The last time I checked, she’s the only Jessica Jung in campus.” Yuri replied.

“Oh my godd! How long how you guys been dating??” Sooyoung asked. She was still in shocked over the news.

“Hmm 5 months.” Yuri revealed.

“What the hell? Why havent you told me anything???” Sooyoung questioned loudly.

“She didn’t want me to tell anyone about it.” Yuri explained.

“But whyy?” Sooyoung asked back.

“I dont know.” Yuri mumbled.

“Have you guys like kiss or anything?” Sooyoung asked innocently.

“What?” Yuri looked at her weirdly. “Of course Sooyoung! We have been dating for 5 months! Of course there’s kisisng! And some other stuff too.” Yuri snapped.

“What other stuff?” Sooyoung asked with an innocent face.

“Sooyoung!!” Yuri hit her friend’s arm. “What??” Sooyoung exclaimed back.

“Anyway, I really need your help..” Yuri said.

“What?”

“I’m meeting her parents tomorrow night.” Yuri revealed her main purpose coming to see Sooyoung that night.

“Wow, really?” Sooyoung asked back in disbelief. “I’m scared. You know how tough Dean Jung can be.” Yuri expressed her nervousness in meeting her girlfriend’s father. Mr Jung is the university’s current Dean and he is one difficult man to please.

“He’s not that bad.” Sooyoung commented. She knew the man personally since she had been working part time as a research assistant to the man.

“That’s exactly why i need your help now.” Yuri said again. She had been repeating that for three times already.

“What do you want me to do?” Sooyoung asked.

“Are you going to the department’s office tomorrow?” Yuri asked.

“Hmm i’m not sure yet. Why?”

“I need you to go and give this to him.” Yuri took two tickets from her pocket. Sooyoung looked at it and saw the tickets were for a football match this coming Sunday.

“Jessica told me that he’s into football.” Yuri said. “Yeah i know.” Sooyoung agreed. “Maybe you should give these yourself tomorrow night.” Sooyoung suggested.

“Do you think so?” Yuri asked. She was really nervous.

“Yeah.” Sooyoung nodded her head. “Yul, it’s going to be fine.” Sooyoung tried to calm her friend. “What time are you meeting her family?” Sooyoung asked.

“8pm at their house Sooyoung.” Yuri exclaimed. Sooyoung just looked at her friend being all nervous and scared in front of her.

“Wow, my friend is dating Jessica Jung.” Sooyoung smiled. Yuri couldn’t help but to smile as well. “Even if the dinner didn’t go well, you still win Yul. Seriously, anyone would be lucky to have Jessica Jung!” Sooyoung muttered.

“Are you saying that the dinner will not go well??” Yuri questioned.

“Aish, I said ‘if’!” Sooyoung exclaimed back. “Do you know Jessica personally?” Yuri asked her friend. Since Sooyoung had been working with her father, she was assuming Sooyoung might know Jessica as well.

“Hmm not really. Spoke to her a few times at the department. Nothing more than that.” Sooyoung said. “Oh okay. She’s great Soo.” Yuri smiled.

“I’ve never been this happy for the longest of time.” Yuri expressed. Sooyoung just smiled looking at her friend.

“I’m happy for Yul. I really am.” Sooyoung muttered. Then she looked at her watch and saw the time was already 9pm. “Oh crap. I have to send the last chapter to Dr Aimilia.” Sooyoung said. Her supervisor requested her to send the last final chapter on her thesis before 10pm that night.

Yuri stood up from the bed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter