Ch 1

Haunted (Rewrite)

"Kyuhyun, I really wish you'd left your phone at home." Mrs. Cho told her son from the front seat.

Kyuhyun frowned, looking up at her. "But I'm so close to winning this level." he replied.

A chuckle sounded from the drivers' seat where Mr. Cho sat. "Leave him alone, dear. He's coming to our dinner after all. Can't ruin all of his fun."

"Fine. As long as you put it away when we get there." Mrs. Cho replied with a sigh.

Kyuhyun nodded his head, looking back down at his phone to continue his game.

"Watch out for that car behind us. I don't know what they're doing."

"I see them, Hana. I'm watching."

Kyuhyun glanced out the back window curiously. He could see another car behind them, going a little faster than normal. Shrugging his shoulders, - he knew his dad was a careful driver - he went back to his game.

The sound of screeching tires pulled him out of the game again, followed by the sickening crunch of metal as something slammed into them from behind. "Mom! Dad!" Kyuhyun yelled as the car started sliding towards the guardrail on the side of the road.

There was no answer from the front, just a grunt as his mom jerked forward, her head hitting the dashboard. She slumped forward in her seat as his dad twisted the wheel, trying to gain control of the car again.

But it was too late; the car hit the guardrail straight on, crashing through it. They rolled forward, going down a hill before hitting something hard enough to jerk him forward, his head connecting with the seat in front of him. His phone tumbled out of his hand as blackness surrounded him.

****

Kyuhyun blinked, looking around him. How had he gotten back to their house? The last thing he remembered was being in the car with his parents.

"Mom? Dad?" He called, expecting his mom to appear from the kitchen. When she didn't, he walked to the doorway, leaning into the kitchen. She wasn't in it.

Shaking his head, he went to the staircase in the hallway, climbing up to the second floor. Going to his parents bedroom, he knocked before opening the door. They weren't there either. 

"This isn't funny," He said loudly, walking inside the bedroom. Looking around, he caught his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing a pair of black pants and a white button up shirt. 

"Wait.. The dinner!" Kyuhyun looked up at the clock on the wall, seeing the time. "But... we left way before that.."

Then it all came back to him, memories of being in the car with his parents. The car behind them.. Sinking down on the bed, the brunette stared down at his hands. "It can't be... It can't be!"

Getting up, he ran out of the room, going down the hall to his own room. Hoping that it was just a joke, that his parents would be hiding in his room, he pushed the door open. At least he tried to. Instead, he ran right through it, stopping in the middle of his empty room. "No...! No, no, no..! I can't be dead!" Kyuhyun turned around, hitting at the door. His hands never made contact, simply sinking through the wood. "No.."

He sank down on the floor, looking down at his hands. "I'm dead... But.. where are they?"