Curious Makanae

LoveUP!

Yeri leaned against the doorframe of her and Seulgi's bedroom, arms crossed as she stared down the hallway towards the other bedroom, brows furrowed and lips drawn into a frown. She wondered what Irene and Wendy were talking about behind that closed door. She had felt a strange air hanging about them all day long, unusual and different.  There had been a sudden shift in the dynamics between the two girls, something she couldn't quite put her finger on and it had nagged at her all day long. Now it felt like there was something knotted at the pit of her stomach, both worry and curiosity jumbled together.

At first she had worried they were plotting some kind of revenge against her for one of the many pranks she had played on them but quickly dismissed the thought. She'd seen the way Seulgi had watched the pair, a quiet party to whatever secret they shared. The warm smiles, almost paternal, her roommate had flashed whenever she caught the two whispering quietly told her it was something different.

Across the hall she saw the door open, Irene's head poke out and quickly look around, coming to a sudden stop as their eyes met. Yeri quirked a single brow as Irene blushed and smile, the pretty Unnie quickly nodding and darting back inside, closing the door slowly.

"Something is going on and nobody is telling me.  This is just to weird," she said softly to herself. From behind her she could hear the bathroom door close and soft footsteps as Seulgi had finished getting ready for bed.  Turning, she narrowed her eyes at the slender woman as she slid into the wide bed. 

I'm going to find out what's going on

Closing the bedroom door, Yeri shuffled over to the bed and flopped down on top of the covers, a soft "woof" noise coming from Seulgi who was not buried under the covers. "Unnie," Yeri began, voice singsong, "What's going on?"

Seulgi pulled down the sheets to expose her narrow eyes and mop of dark messy hair, "Going on?  In case you haven't noticed we're filming a reality show and about to go to bed." Rolling her eyes, Yeri began to poke Seulgi through the blankets making the older girls squirm.

"You know that's not what I mean! There's something going on weird with Irene and Wendy unnies." She felt Seulgi stiffen, the girl quickly pulling the covers over her head again, hiding from Yeri. "I know you know what's going on.  Tell me," Yeri all but demanded as she flung a leg over Seulgi to trap the girl there.

"I... can't tell you," came a muffled reply.

"Can't tell me? Why not?"  Reaching up, Yeri grabbed the edge of the blanket and yanked it down, Seulgi's eyes growing wide as her face was exposed in a flash, hair a dark mop of brown tendrils splayed out against the pillow. Her eyes darted to Yeri, the younger girl now all but glaring.

"Okay, okay," Suelgi said as she gently pushed at Yeri's shoulders. "Let me sit up and we'll talk."  With a quick nod, Yeri pulled her leg back from holding Seulgi down and shifted to sit, impatience in her eyes and features as she watched Seulgi sit up as well.

"So," Seulgi began in a low voice as though she were afraid someone would hear despite the cameras and microphones having been turned off so they could sleep peacefully. "I do know what's going on but it's not my place to tell you. Wendy or Irene unnie will have to tell you because it's their secret, not mine." Seulgi then smiled, a comforting warmth in her features that helped set Yeri a bit at ease.

"It's nothing bad, right?"

"Not at all!" Seulgi replied with a quick shake of her head as she reached out to give Yeris shoulder a quick pat. "It's a good thing, really. Something they are happy about but don't quite know how to tell people."

"Yah, but they told you," Yeri said, her lips turning down in a pout, her features turning dark at the thought of having been left out.  Seulgi only laughed and leaned over to wrap her arms around the younger girl in a hug.

"They didn't tell me. I overhead them talking. They'll tell you when they are ready so don't worry." Still, Yeri couldn't shake that worry that was nagging at her. Finally, with a sigh she gave Seulgi a light squeeze before pulling away and falling back onto the bed, arms crossed as she stared at the ceiling, brooding. She could feel Seulgi lay back down and pull the covers over herself again.

"Well, it better be soon."

"I'm sure it will be. I think you'll also be happy when you hear what they have to say," Seulgi replied with a yawning voice. With a heavy sigh, Yeri climbed under the blankets, brows furrowed as she kept pondering the day, wondering what secret they were hiding. Wondering how she was going to make them spill it rather than wait.

"Tomorrow I'm going to stick by Wendy unnie's side all day.  She's the weakest link of the pair. I'm sure she'll slip up." She nodded to herself, firm in her resolve to ferret out what was going on between them and then settled down, content to have a plan of action for the next day.