The Night Draws On

LoveUP!

Irene clutched the plastic bag tight, smiling to herself as they made their way out of the mall. The crowds had thinned and the cameras had stopped as they were getting ready to head back to the house for the last night of filming in Thailand. She felt a warmth in her chest as she thought of Wendy running around the mall to buy her a new skirt, having spilled juice on the one she was wearing. She knew Wendy would have done the same for anyone in the group but still, it felt special to her.

 

They had not had a chance to talk more about this new thing between them, the pace of the filming breakneck, trying to fit as much in as possible to ensure enough content for the show. It was frustrating, Irene felt like she was going to go crazy. Wendy's gaze kept finding her, she could see a mixture of elation, smoldering lust and hints of worry when the cameras weren't on the younger.

 

You could never hide your feelings well, She thought, chuckling softly inside.

 

"Okay, we're going to head back to the pension and set up for more filming. We'll do interviews and play games, how does that sound?" asked the director as they neared the van. They all agreed, nodding, as though it was really much of a question instead of just letting them know what was on the schedule. As the van door slid open, Irene grabbed Wendy the by elbow, holding her back to let Seulgi and Yeri slip in first.

 

With a wide grin, she then gave Wendy a pat on the , her favorite , before climbing in herself leaving her girlfriend no choice but to sit right next to her. Her grin widened as Wendy sat down with a blush before sliding her hand into Irene's, twinging fingers together. From the back, Seulgi leaned forward and whispered, "You guys are cute."

 

As Wendy blushed Irene looked back and nodded fiercely, "I know. Wendy is the cutest, though."

 

Yeri blurted out a laugh and asked, "Then what are you?" Eyes twinkling as she gave Irene a daring looking.

 

Irene smiled her most brilliant smile before turning her gaze to Wendy, voice dancing in playfulness, "I'm the trophy girlfriend, of course."

 

"Oh gosh," said Yeri before rolling her eyes and looking to Seulgi, giving the other girl a pained expression who could only laugh at the situation.  "I am so very glad that I'm sharing a room with Seulgi instead of one of you. So mushy."

 

"Yah," Seulgi said as she pointed a finger at Yeri, "And who was the one trying to wrestling me down in bed and cuddle this morning?" Yeri blushed as both Wendy and Irene turned in their seats, both with matching quirked brows and questioning faces.

 

With a sniff, Yeri looked between the pair and tried to change the subject, "I believe you two need to talk, right? Seulgi, let's put in our headphones and give them some privacy." Reaching into her bag she pulled out her ear buds with a prompting nod to Seulgi. Nodding in response, the other girl did the same. Moments later, music blaring in each of their ears, Wendy and Irene were left to just themselves.

 

They looked at each other, stars dancing in their eyes, as they smiled happily. Irene saw something flash across Wendy's face, again, a hint of worry. Screwing up her face, she cocked her head and gave Wendy a serious look.

 

"Seungwan-ah, is something bothering you?"

 

Authors Note: A bit of a short chapter but it is a bridge to the next one. We're getting close to the end but the good news is that I plan to do a Saeron/Yeri fanfic after this and once LevelUP2! is completed, start a follow up Wenrene story based on that reality series! With a full 60 epsides for the second season... I'm going to have to get used to writing a lot more lol