Bear and Satan Conference

LoveUP!

Yeri flounced into the stark white bathroom, bright yellow dress bouncing about her short body, her presence seeming to brighten the room. Her full lips drew into a smile as she caught sight of Seulgi, the slender girl leaning against the sink counter top, slowly applying makeup with a look of complete concentration on her face. "Seulgi," Yeri said in a sweet, singsong voice as she moved behind the cute bear and grabbed her hips. "Could you do my hair up in ponytails?"

She quickly batted her lashes as Seulgi's gaze inched upwards to meet her own in the mirrors reflection. "Yah, you've been bossing me around the whole trip," Seulgi said with a mock pout. "I won't do it," though her voice held little certainty or finality in tone. With a playful snarl, Yeri gave Seulgi's rump a quick spank causing the girl to jerk up straight as rod.

"Wah!"

"If you don't braid my hair I'll give you another!" The wide eyed look of astonishment on Seulgi's features set Yeri into a fit of giggles, the young girl grabbing her belly with one hand and covering with the other. She stepped back to lean against the wall.  Whirling about, Seulgi pointed a makeup brush threateningly but quickly found herself softened by the younger girls’ laughter, herself devolving into a fit of giggles. Rolling her eyes, she grabbed Yeri by the arm and pulled her closer, "Fine, fine. I'll braid your hair. Brat."

Yeri stuck her tongue out playfully and spun around to present her long, loose dark locks for Seulgi.  As the older girl reached up and began to run fingers though those black tendrils, making sure there were no tangles, Yeri felt goosebumps form along the back of her neck. She had always loved when someone played with her hair.

"So," Yeri said tentatively, voice low, "Do you know about Wendy and Irene?"

Seulgi paused a moment, fingers coming to an abrupt stop mid , still buried in Yeri's hair as she leaned over to catch a glimpse of Yeri's face.  "They told you already?"

Yeri simply nodded.

"I only found out yesterday when I overhead them talking. Wah, I was so surprised," Seulgi admitted as she began to separate Yeri's hair into individual, thick strands for braiding, caught between fingers. "Not about Wendy, really. But Irene?  I had no idea."

"Me either! I guess Joy isn't the one Wendy would date after all."  Her lips quirked as she imagined the look of shock Joy was going to have, not only in knowing that Wendy would date someone else but that she also lost their bed. Wendy isn't gay. I would know because she would have confessed to me already, had been Joys argument.  Still, Yeri had known that Wendy simply wasn't straight. It was a gut feeling and she was keen on following her instincts.

"It does explain why Wendy never had a boyfriend or talks about guys," Seulgi said as she finishing plaiting a side of Yeri's hair.  Turning around, she looked for a rubber band or hair clip she could use to tie off the end only to feel Yeri tap her thigh. Swiveling her head around, she saw Yeri holding up a pair of small elastic hair bands. "Oh, you already had them!"

"Wendy would have been single even if she were straight. She never leaves the house. Irene and her lack of boyfriends was the one that always left me feeling confused. How can someone be that pretty and not date?"

Seulgi tied off one braid and moved to the other, her voice carrying a teasing tone, "What about you? You're not dating and you're definitely pretty. Or are you just cute?"

"I'm both!" Yeri blurted before laughing. Heaving a sigh, she reached up to scratch her cheek as she said musingly, "I don't need to date anyway. I have Sae-ron."

"Wait," Seulgi paused again, looking back at Yeri with wide eyes, "Are you dating Sae-ron? Yah! How many people in our group are gay?"

Yeri turned and broke into a fit of laughter, loud belly laughs filling the small room.  Seulgi's gentle face betrayed shock and confusion, eyes looking at the younger girl in a different light. "I'm not gay," Yeri finally said with a roll of her eyes. A corner of her lips twitched playfully as she turned back around, her voice smooth as she said, "I'm bi. And to think, I rolled around in bed with you."

Seulgi's mouth fell wide open, standing there still and stiff, staring at Yeri. After a minute she shut with a loud "clack" and shook her head. "You're teasing me. You really are evil!" With a roll of her eyes, Seulgi began braiding the other side of Yeri's hair, the younger girls eyes falling shut with a soft, happy sigh.

"I am teasing you," Yeri said, her voice filled with mirth, but wondered if she really believed herself. "Still, we have to protect Wendy and Irene. I don't know why, but it feels right that they are together. Granted... I'm going to tease them endlessly but I don't want them to get hurt, you know?"

Seulgi nodded slowly as she used the second elastic band to tie of Yeri's second braid. Leaning forward, she placed her chin on Yeri's shoulder and slid and arm around the young girls’ waist in a hug, "For Satan, you can be kind. But you're right." Giving Yeri a quick squeeze before pulling away, "We better go before they wonder where we are." 

As Seulgi left the room, Yeri turned and gazed at herself in the mirror a long moment. With a firm nod, she said to the empty room, "I'm definitely both cute and pretty," before spinning on heel, yellow dress spinning about her legs, and strode out of the bathroom.
 

Authors Note: Finally back on schedule with weekly releases! I've pretty much wrapped up this semester so I'm looking forward to relaxing, writing and learning to dance Peak-A-Boo. Wish me luck. For those who have watched the LevelUp! reality show, this scene happens after they eat the Ramen from the PD.