Farewell Thailand

LoveUP!

Wendy shoved her bag into the overhead carry on bin and closed it, the latch catching with a resounding click. That click sent reverberations through her, almost a finality to it, signaling that their trip was coming to an end. She looked down at Irene, the slender girl sitting in her seat, dark hair hanging loose as she looked out the window, flawless skin glowing in a bath of daylight. Most of the film crew had already left on a different flight. There would be no more cameras on them, no more microphones to catch snippest of their conversations. Now they would be free to talk more openly with each other.

Sitting down, Wendy quickly belted herself in and leaned over to bump Irene with her shoulder. The other girl jerked and looked over in surprised, shaken out of a state of deep thought. She smiled brightly at Wendy, eyes full of hearts. "What were you thinking about?" Wendy asked.

"Oh, this and that," Irene replied. Their hands naturally found each other, twinging together as Irene tenderly caressed her thumb against the palm of Wendy's hand. Leaning back, Wendy seemed content to not push the question any further. Irene was smiling and glowing happily. Looking around, she watched as Seulgi and Yeri settled in across the isle. It would be a fun flight with the playful bickering bound to happen between that pair. It would be good natured with Yeri coming out on top, as always.

"I was wondering," Irene said softly out of nowhere prompting Wendy to look back over with a smile. "We have a lot of talk about since we already live together. I don't know how you feel but I think it's a good idea if we keep separate rooms for now instead of changing them to be together." Wendy felt a ping of pain in her chest, a sudden wave of saddness washing over her. It wasn't a question they had broached yet but hearing those words were unsettling. 

"Why?" She asked, her voice choked.

Irene smiled softly, eyes filled with warmth as the girl could easily read the sudden flash of worry on Wendy's features. The girl was an open book. It was one of the things she loved so much about Wendy. "Because I love you so much." 

Wendy cocked her head slightly, taken aback by the words. Her mind racing trying to make the connection between how her girlfriend didn't want to sleep in the same room with her yet it was due to love. It was almost as if a large screen displaying, "Does Not Compute" was flashing across her forehead. With a giggle, Irene reached up to give Wendy's cheek a little pat.

"I already rushed things to a point this weekend," Irene said as she let her eyes fall to Wendy's chest, her lips curling into a salacious smirk that caused the other girl to blush deeply. "You had worried about us rushing too much and I have to admit, I think us moving into the same room together right away might be going too fast." 

The words rang true to Wendy despite how much she wanted them to not be. Her mind had been filled with romantic images of the two of them spending their nights cuddle, buying shared decorations and living like a married couple. It was a fantasy, she knew, but fantasies were hard to let go of. With a deep sigh, she nodded and smiled, leaning her head back against the leather seat. 

"You're right, Joohyun-ah."

"That doesn't mean we won't kick Seulgi out of the room some nights," Irene said, her voice falling sultry and suggestive. Wendy felt that sudden rush of desire, her body growing warm at those words. The lustful look on her face caused Irene to giggle, the other woman knowing exactly what she was doing. Wendy wanted to be angry but couldn't. She was more surprised at herself and how easily she reacted. She had never thought of herself as lustful but the past few days were proving things different.

"Hey," came a whispered voice from across the isle. Both of them looked across the aisle, Yeri looking at them with a bemused grin. "You look like you're going to ravish each other right here on the plane." With a couch Wendy looked away, her cheeks bright read as Irene merely grinned and winked at the youngest member of the group. Rolling her eyes, Yeri returned her attention to teasing Seulgi.

At that moment an annoucement came over the cabin speakers stating they were about to taxi out to the runway. It was finally time for the trip to end. Hands clasped together, the pair smiled at each other, hands clasped tenderly as the plane began to move backwards. They were heading home, changed, bound together tighter than ever.

Authors Notes: Sorry again for a late update. I was hit by the flu and it laid me out for almost two weeks. First time getting it in almost a decade. We're now only one chapter away from wrapping this up the story. Next week will be the final chapter AND the introduction leading into my next story in the way of an epilogue. Saeri shippers be prepared ;) I have also been watching LevelUP! Season 2 and was worried because there was a lot more Wenjoy compared to Wenrene at first but then nature took it's course lol

Also, Bad Boy is now my absolute favorite track from Red Velvet. It was their RnB tracks that pulled me in and this comeback is GOLD. The song is fantastic and their styling is so on point. They set Wendy's forehead free and Irene in fishnets... lordy.