Elation and Apprehension

LoveUP!

 

They day moved at a snail pace for Wendy, each pause in the filming schedule a moment for her and Irene to be closer under the watchful gaze of Yeri and Seulgi. The pair constantly flashing them happy and encouraging smiles. With each minute that passed, she founder herself filled with a measure of excitement and trepidation. Tonight would be their last in Thailand, sharing a bed together, a night that promised to be a luxurious one and Wendy wasn't sure if she was up to the task.

She wanted it, certainly. The sensation of Irene’s fingers against her, fingers grasping at the soft, pale skin of her lower back as they kissed, each touch was seared into her skin as a lingering memory. Even more so she wanted to reciprocate, touch and explore her girlfriends' body yet worried that they were rushing things. She had seen many relationships die because people jumped in too fast.

"But we've known each other for years," she kept repeating to herself internally yet was finding a hard time convincing herself. Still, every time she found Irene's fingers entwined with her own, thumb tenderly brushing against her palm in slow, sensuous circles, those worries would disappear as desire welled up. She had never felt a loving touch like this and her body craved more. She desired it with every fiber of her being.

"What's on your mind?" Yeri's voice cut through the air as they sat in the marketplace while the camera crew bustled about, setting up tripods and checking the lighting. Blinking, Wendy swiveled her head to regard the younger girl who was gazing at her shrewdly.

"Huh?  Not much... why do you ask?" Wendy forced a smile to her lips, voice lilting upwards to try and convince Yeri that nothing was wrong despite the internal struggle that was pulling her in every direction.

Rolling her eyes, Yeri leaned in close and whispered, "You were obviously lost in thought and looking worried by the way you were biting your lip. You only do that when you're unsure about something. Don't worry, nobody is going to tell on you two. We'll protect you." Yeri's voice held a firm inflection, almost like a knight promising to protect the crown to his own death. Wendy couldn't help but grin at Yeri, heartfelt gratefulness welling up inside.

"No, it's not really that, Yeri. It's more," She paused and sighed before looking around to make sure Irene wasn't nearby. Seeing she was safe, Irene a distance away whispering with Seulgi, she began again, "Irene is very touchy and I just worry if we're going too fast, you know? We only just started dating... just how far should we go? How long should we wait before," She blushed, making a rolling motion with her hand, face trying to convey what she meant to say without actually saying it.

"Having ?" Yeri finished, a corner of her lips curling up in an amused smirk.

Wendy gasped and unconsciously gave Yeri's shoulder a smack as she looked around in embarrassment, eyes flying towards the sound guy. A sigh of relief rolled out from her as though, long and deep, as she saw him away from his table, headset lying next to his recording equipment. Nobody would have heard.

Rolling her eyes, Yeri gave Wendy a poke in the side, "Sheesh. Just do what you feel is right."

"What?" Wendy blinked and swung her gaze back to Yeri, a touch of surprise on her face. She had known Yeri was very open and forward thinking but her advice still took Wendy by surprise. In some way she was hoping to hear that they should slow down while another part of her was thrilled to hear those words.

Leaning over, Yeri slung an arm around her shoulder as she spoke in hushed tones, "You are already defying what would be considered normal in Korea. Why feel penned in by social constructs defining how a relationship should progress?  Do what feels right for both of you and if you aren't ready, tell her. The way her eyes drip honey when she looks at you, I'm sure she'd put it off forever if you asked."

Wendy balked a moment before narrowing her eyes, voice filled with surprise, "Yah. Just how old are you?"

Yeri laughed and pulled back from her, eyes sparkling as she grinned at the older girl. Finally she winked at Wendy before speaking again. "I just read a lot. I thought you did too... or is that just novels?"

"Yah!" Wendy exclaimed as Yeri quickly extracted herself from the seat, jumping back from Wendy and into safe range from the girls’ swats. Sticking her tongue out at her, Yeri turned in a whirl of yellow fabric and whipping pigtails before dashing away.

"I'm going to get her back, I swear. Just wait till you're dating," Wendy muttered under her breath though the words carried little real threat. She knew Yeri's words to be true and felt more at ease. She would have to talk with Irene and see how she felt about the pace their relationship was progressing.

Still, the memory of those soft fingers, needy and wanting, lingered in the back of her mind.

 

Authors Notes: So, the holidays got away from me. What was supposed to be a relaxing time turned into craziness. I had a full week and a half off with school being out and my work being closed the entire week after Christmas so my dad decided that the entire family should do a last minute vacation. Disneyland! So I'm two weeks behind but I'm going to make up for it since the chapters are done. I will post 3 chapters over the next few days!

 

Also, has anyone listend to Bboom Bboom by Momoland? I had listened to their previous comebacks and felt a bit nonplussed but this one? I'm actually doing to buy this mini album. Speaking of albums, I got a couple Amazon gift cards and now I'm waiting on Epik High - We've Done Something Wonderful, Mamamoo - Purple and AKMU - Spring to arrive! No, I didn't order a Red Velvet album... I already have them all ;)