Last Night in Thailand: Part One

LoveUP!

The doorway seemed so far away, each step feeling like a mile, as she was being pulled by Irene. Her girlfriends hand held her own, fingers locked tight, as they moved down the wide hallway. Filming was done and it was time for bed. A bed that would normally be used for rest but not tonight. It would be where they talked, laughed and stayed up late again in each other’s arms. Still, that apprehension and worry lingered, fighting the building excitement that ran through her.

"Who would have thought Yeri and Seulgi would reach second base before us," Irene said with a laugh, talking about the pushing game where Yeri accidentally knocked Seulgi over with a chest . Wendy couldn't help but laugh at it as well. As Irene's hand grabbed the door knob, the pretty girl swung her head to smile at Wendy, beautiful and perfect, glowing in the soft light of the dim hallway. 

Everything felt surreal as they entered the room, the large bed looming before them. "What do I do? Am I supposed to say something y? Funny?" Wendy thought, her worrisome mind running a mile a minute.

As though sensing her state of mind, Irene took charge, her voice tender as she spoke, "I'm going to go brush my teeth and take off my makeup in the bathroom. Why don't you change into pajamas and then we'll swap. How does that sound?"

"Oh. Okay," Wendy said sheepishly. She was grateful for the way Irene seemed so calm and in control. The coolness of her girlfriend helping to set herself at ease just a touch. Her eyes lingered on the girl as Irene skipped happily over to the bathroom, flicking on the lights. Hurriedly, Wendy then ran to her luggage, zipping it open and extracting her pajamas to get changed.

"Seungwan-ah," called Irene from the bathroom, her voice singsong and dripping honey. "Are you excited?"

"Yes!" Wendy blurted out, blushing at her overzealous reply. Irene's laugh rolled out from the bathroom.

"You just looked worried today. What's on your mind?"

Wendy paused; half dressed with her pajama bottoms hanging loose in her hands. Her eyes wide, mouth slack, she turned to regard the opening of the bathroom where bright light poured out. She had thought it wasn't so obvious and that she had hidden her anxiety but Irene had obviously picked up on it. her lips, she quickly prodded herself back into motion, dressing.

"Right... so... here's the thing. I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Irene asked, her voice smooth and calm.

Biting her lip, Wendy walked across the room to lean against the wall next to the bathroom door. Her voice was filled with worry as she spoke, "I just... I don't want us to too fast. I've heard how people who rush into things burn out and I've loved you for so long I don't want to risk anything..." Wendy said, her face drawing into a deep out. It had taken a lot for her to express those words, she feared that spurning Irene's advances would be worse than rushing things.

She blinked as the door flew open and Irene's head stuck out, dark hair smooth and hanging loose from being freshly brushed. A pair of dark eyes staring at here with a quirked brow. "Yah," Irene said, her voice carrying disbelief, "Did you think we were going to have tonight?"

Wendy blinked rapidly, startled. "I... uhhhhh... I kind of thought that was where you wanted to go..." 

Laughing, Irene reached out to pat the top of Wendy's head, "Idiot. We have to wait for that. I just want to kiss and hug with you all I can."

Wendy looked up, her expression turning to one of relief, she smiled warmly at her girlfriend. "I... yeah, I guess I am an idiot." She laughed lightly at herself as Irene rolled her eyes playfully before blowing a kiss and disappearing back into the bathroom again. Sighing, Wendy moved to the bed and sat down, kicking her feet like a child and grinning happily to herself.

"We'll just go to second base tonight," Irene called out to her. With a gasp, Wendy fell back onto the bed.