Chapter 05

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

The kiss, as cliché as it sounds, was bliss. It didn’t go more than just a peck, but it was just right. It felt as if time stopped that short time and all of my sadness is nonexistent. He separated his lips on mine and I suddenly went super aware at what we just did, so I just look down at my feet before he notices the red on my cheeks.

 

“Hey, look at me.” He moved his fingers to my jaw and tilted my head up, bringing me back to him. He pushes strands of hair that covers my face, and smile gently at me.

“You are intriguing.”

He breathes as he moves to give a long peck on my forehead. I gasp, as suddenly I am now on my bed, though our position doesn’t change that much. We’re still flushed to each other, his hands on my back and hair, though our legs are now tangled.

Feeling confused and awkward at the same time, I tried to move, but instead of letting me go, he holds me tighter to the length that even breathing needs an effort.

“Um, Jimin?”

“Yes, sweetheart?”

“You- um, you can let go now, you know.”

“I know.”

Came his short answer as he chuckle. If only he know what he does to me. I once again try to free myself from his hold, but it went futile and at the end I can only sigh.

 

We stayed like that for a while with a pleasant silence until a sudden thought then popped up on my mind.

“Hey Jimin? Do vampires need sleep?”

He chuckles at my randomness.

“We don’t really need it, but we can if we want to.”

“How old are you?”

He chuckles before he answers, “If I’m correct, 310? 311? I don’t know I lost count honestly. I only know it started with a 300 something, I might need to recalculate it.”

 

“You’re that old?” I gasp at him.

 

“Yes, yes I am, now shush and sleep. You looked tired earlier and as a human you need rest. Its okay I’ll be here when you wake up.”

 

I mumble incoherent words at his reply and trying to sleep once again when another thought stops me and I just have the urgent to ask him.

 

“Hey, Jimin?”

 

“I told you to sleep-“

 

“Why are you like this towards me?”

 

There is a slight pause before I feel him releasing his hold on me. I almost whine at the loss of contact. I shut my eyes close and curse myself. Great Haerin, you just made him realize what he did, and he probably regretted it. Why can’t you just keep some things to yourself sometimes?

 

“I don’t regret it.”

 

I shot my eyes open to meet his. At my surprised look he smiles and went to cup my cheek, unconsciously getting me leaning to his touch. He looks to be so deep in thought and after what seems to be forever, he finally release a sigh.

 

“Just, just give me more time okay. This is all so new to me believe it or not. I never allowed myself to get attached with someone. But with you, I didn’t know why, I just felt like it’s okay." There's a slight pause as he took a deep breath before continuing his story.

"When- when I saw you earlier, I suddenly felt pained too. Like I don’t care I felt the need to just approach you and soothed you. And with the kiss-” He clears his throat before continuing. And I swear I saw him blushing.

“The kiss, I- you just looked so irresistible, okay. You can say that I just gave in to my nature.”

Now I think its my turn to blush. Why must he say it like that? He’s so honest that I can’t help to stop the blood rushing to my cheeks. Closing my eyes I just nodded and went to dig my face deeper to the pillow.

 

“Um, hey Jimin?”

 

“What is it now?” he asked whilst chuckling.

 

“Thank you.”

There, I said it.

“Um, yeah okay, goodnight.” I hurriedly finished before he can mocks me.

There is a pause before he went to peck my head. “You’re welcome. Goodnight Haerin.”

I only nodded and finally surrendering myself to the darkness.

 

 

­­­­­­­­

To say that I have a good sleep is an understatement. Never have I felt so content waking up. I was about to move when a breath on my neck halted me from my movement. And just then that I remembered the other presence behind me and unconsciously smiled.

 

“Good morning.” I heard his husky voice just behind me. I turned myself to look at him and found his eyes still closed, though a smile is plastered on his soft lips.

 

“Good- good morning.” I shyly answered, still new to this whole ‘waking-up-with-a-male’ thing. Widened at my own thoughts I shake my head to dismiss it, only to feel a peck on my lips that caught me off-guard. I glare towards the culprit, only to find him smiling cheekily at me before he tackles me

Please log in to read the full chapter