Chapter 10

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Rise and shine, Song! No worry, Jungkook is here!” a loud bangs of my door, signaling the entrance of no other than Jeon Jungkook the great. Groaning, I rolled so that now I lay on my stomach, as I push a pillow to my face.

 

“Go away, Jeon. Bother someone else, I’m not in the mood.” I said, but it came out unclear as the pillow muffles my voice. And to my dismay, Jungkook ignored my remark as he took a sit by the edge of the bed. I felt the bed dipping under his weight. I take a peek at his face, groaning when I found his stupid grin and eyes that lit with mischief, he just won’t leave me alone, won’t he?

 

“Go away.” I said as I curled myself into a ball under my blanket.

 

“What happened to you, Song? Are you sick?” I heard Jungkook asking. From the tone of his voice I can hear the genuine concern in it. Releasing a sigh, I roll once again so that now I lay on my back and look up at Jungkook.

 

“Goodness heaven song, what happened to you? You literally looked like a panda. Did you not get any sleep? Do you have a fever? You look pale as well.” He placed his hand not so gently to my forehead to check my temperature. Feeling enough, I swat his hand away from my face and slowly sit up, leaning against the headboard.

 

“I’m fine, stop overacting. Just couldn’t sleep.” I mumbled slowly as I cover my eyes with the back of my hand.

 

“Why cant you sleep, though?” he asked innocently, tilting his head in the process. I just shrugged my shoulder and shake my head.

 

“I don’t know either.” I lied. I have to; he will bring me to the mental hospital if I were to tell him the whole story.

 

“Jungkook, I’m tired, and sleepy, and my head kind of hurt, will you please give me the honor to rest?” I sink back in to the comfort of my blanket, trying to get that sleep I lost. But where’s the fun in that, of course Jungkook being Jungkook, he didn’t get the message of how tired I am.

 

“Eh, it’s boring. Besides, your mom and dad asked me to accompany you since they’re going to visit their new niece.” Came Jungkook’s short explanation. I can hear the pout in his voice.

 

“And leave their only daughter? Wow, what an amazing parents.” I respond sarcastically under the blanket. “Just go away, Jeon. Go on a date with Sena or something.”

 

“Sena’s out of town. She’s on vacation with her family.” Jungkook whine as he played with my blanket, tugging and all.

Bored Jungkook is the most annoying Jungkook of them all. Sighing, I removed my blanket and shot him a glare, in which he returns with his stupid grin.

 

“Fine.” I gave in as I rolled my eyes. Anyway, I’m also sure I can’t sleep if he left me. Maybe having him as a company won’t be so bad. He’ll keep my mind occupied from him.

 

I was about to sit up, but before I could say or even do anything, his hand grabs mine and pulls me outside of my room causing a small yelp to escape my mouth as I tried to balance my steps.

 

“Jung-“

 

“Thought you’ll never said that, Song. Let’s eat first, I’m hungry and I brought lunch!” he said cheerily, not even bothering to slow his pace for me.

 

 

 

 

“Oh by the way song, have you heard the news this morning?” Jungkook asked with his mouth full of food, causing his voice to came out muffled. Grimacing at the small disaster he had caused, I threw a napkin right at his face.

 

“What news? I was in my room until you suddenly barged in, idiot.” I state the obvious, continuing my meal. Considering it came from Jungkook, the news probably isn’t that important. He barely watches news unless it’s about something he’s interested in, which is not much and all of them are trivial matters.

 

“Oh, right.” He said sheepishly. “But anyway, apparently the town has been talking about sightings of a vampire.” I coughed at the mention of vampire and was franticly looking for a glass of drink.

 

“They what?!” I choked out once I finished a glass full of water.

 

“I know, insane, right?” Jungkook utters as he shakes his head, thankfully not taking your sudden outburst as something else.

 

“Wh- why? I mean, like who started it?” I am suddenly wide awake and feeling nervous. What if it’s Jimin? Jungkook shrugged his shoulder.

 

“Do you remember Mr. Kang?”

 

“Mr. Kang?” I mused in for a second. “Like, Mr. Kang the man who owns a ranch at the outskirt of town?”

 

“Yep. Anyway, apparently he woke up at the middle of the night hearing rustling noises in his barn. And when he went to check on it, he was shocked by his findings as he sees the said creature himself. And from what he described, he saw and as I quote, ‘A pair of red eyes and a glistening pearl white teeth, two, which are sharper than the other. The face was well hidden under his grey hair.’”

 

No.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter