Chapter 09

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hearing his voice soothes me, I just realized the effect it has on me after his absence.

 

“Goodness, Jimin you scare me.” I breathed out.

 

He only chuckles as a respond before in the blink of an eye; Jimin is now standing in front of me.

 

I manage to stop myself from launching myself to embrace him. He looked the same as the last time I saw him, as striking as ever. He looked at me with a gentle smile. But if I knew any better, his smile somehow looks pained for some reason.

 

We stood there for a while, unmoving as we just enjoy each other presence. I have a lot of questions for him, starting from the one that bothers me the most.

 

“Where have you been?” I asked the number one question that has been bugging me since he left.

 

Jimin, instead of answering only came closer and wrapped me in his embrace.

 

The action took me off guard as I stayed still with my hands on both of my sides. Placing his cheek on top of my head, he then holds me tighter. I felt his breath as he release a content sigh.

 

“I missed you.”

 

Furrowing my brows, I can’t help but to retort as I push him,

 

“You’re the one who left.” He kept his embrace on me, not letting go, if anything he tightens his hug more. There was a long silence before I hear him speak.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m- I did this to keep you safe. ” He whispered the last part, but it didn’t went unnoticed by me.

 

“Safe? From what?”

 

His hands traveled to hold my arms as he move backward to meet my eyes. He looked like he’s trying to find the right words to explain it to me. His next word baffles me like no other as he release a sigh.

 

“Me.” He says as he avoided my gaze.

 

I place my hand on his cheek and turn his gaze back to mine. His face only shows a pained expression as it took quite a while for him to finally look at me.

 

“What do you mean, Jimin? Where is this heading off to?”

 

“I’m dangerous, Haerin. You should stay as far away from me”, he explained, removing my hand from his cheek.

 

“Clearly I know that, but I don’t think that’s the only reason.” I look at his face closely to search the meaning behind his statement.

 

Jimin was about to open his mouth to speak, but suddenly he bends down and makes a pained expression, his hands covering his face.

 

“Jimin! Are you okay?” I approach him, but before I even make a step forward, his hand shot out to stop me.

 

“Don’t- don’t come near me!”

 

As he said that I can’t help but to look at his half-covered face only to found one of his eyes that didn’t get covered flickered from maroon to bright red. I gasp when I saw it kept flickering. Jimin’s still gasping as if he’s in a very deep pain; his breath went rigid as he squeezes his shirt just in front of his chest.

 

Feeling enough of only watching, I approach him and kneel beside him before I slowly put my hand on his back.

 

“Take a deep breath, Jimin. You’ll be okay.” I tried to console him. Heaven knows I want nothing more but for him to be okay.

 

All of a sudden I felt a strong blow on my body that caused me to be thrown a few feet away from Jimin. I scream in pain as my body collides with the cold hard ground. It will surely leave a couple of bruises. I winced as I tried to push myself off the ground.

 

“What the heck happened?” I mumbled to myself. A pair of hands helped me stand up and I smile in relief knowing whom it was. I was about to look at his face, but suddenly he held me captive in a tight embrace. My vision is now being blocked by his chest.

 

“Jimin? What’s wrong? Are you okay-“

 

“I’m sorry.” His apologize come quick, cutting me off my questions.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I felt his lips moving on the top of my head as he repeatedly apologizes. I can’t return his hug, as I was being held captive with my hands stuck on my sides.

 

“It’s okay, Jimin. I’m fine.” I assure him.

 

“Please, just- just stay away from me from now on okay? There’s only so much I could endure. Your blood-“ he pause to inhale the smell before continuing, “Your blood smells even sweeter for me that I feel like I’m losing myself.”

 

Furrowing my brows, I tried to push him so I could get a better look at him, but his hugs only tighten.

 

“Please don’t. Let me hug you for the last time.”

 

“Jimin where is this going? What the heck happened? Can’t you at least explain to me what all of this goodbyes mean? Enlighten me, please. Maybe we can figure this out. You know I’m more than willing to give you my blood, Jimin.”

 

“I can’t. I- I- I can’t. Now it’s not as simple as it was before.” Slowly he finally lets me go. Looking up to find his comforting red eyes, I smile in relief. But that smile did

Please log in to read the full chapter