Chapter 03

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

The moment I’m awake, I can only feel one thing and that is the agony of a headache. I groan as I felt it pounds on me when I tried opening my eyes. The sunlight directly from the windows is not helping it any better as I immediately squeezed my eyes shut before I could open it fully. Covering my eyes, I tried to sit up on my bed when I felt hands on my back, helping me to sit up along with a very sweet voice just inches beside me.

 

“Don’t move too much. You’re still very weak.”

 

I shot my eyes open towards the direction of the voice, and immediately regretted it since now I am face-to-face, nose brushing each other, with the said creature from the dark, headache long forgotten.

 

Gasping, I crawled back to stay far away from him, when I didn’t realized that it was the end of my bed and I yelp whilst shutting my eyes as I am now a victim of gravity as I fall towards the hard ground. But strangely, the hard ground never came.

 

“Woah woah, slow down there, sweetheart.” I opened my eyes to the source of the voice only to find that I yet again am face-to-face with him and his red eyes.

 

What? How is this possible? He was on the other side of the bed when I fell, and there should be no way for him to get here unless….  Confused, I unconsciously voiced my thought. “H-How? Wh-what are you?” Instead of giving me answers, he only showed me his signature smirk before went to the bed, and only then I realized that he is currently holding me in his arms. I don’t even bother to hide when I gape at him as he laid me back on my bed before he proceeds on sitting next to me.

 

“Do you really need the answer to that? You know it already, Haerin-ah.” He finishes it off with yet another round of smirk before grinning, intentionally showing off his sharp teeth. Now that is unexpected, my eyes are probably the size of a saucer.

 

“How do you know my name?” I don’t care how unattractive I might look with my jaw dropping, because how did he know my freaking name?

 

Chuckling, he leans forward until I can feel his hot breath fanning my face and there goes his smirk again.

 

Does he really have to smirk at everything?

 

“I have been researching you of course.” His hand then moves to brush my hair.

 

“I should know the life of my generous donor am I not? And a name is the most important part.”

 

I shove his hand off my hair and proceed on glaring at him, but of course, he is unaffected by it considering he knows how much a human can do to him. Sighing at how helpless I am, I look down at my lap to calm my senses down. It’s still early yet I have this much of a problem already. I shut my eyes and rub my forehead. Well, I guess if I hadn’t been to the dock that night, none of this would’ve happened. And so I can only blame myself at this mess. Hey, at least I can be grateful that he spares my life; I’m still breathing and alive, aren’t I? That’s a good thing. I drop my hands down as I took a deep breath and look up to meet his gaze.

 

“So, um-“ I started only to pause when I realize that I didn’t know his name yet.

 

“Jimin.”

 

“What?”

 

“The name is Jimin if you’re wondering. Park Jimin.” He chuckles and only by then that I fully realized how beautiful he looked. On the other times we met, I only saw his face in the dark with dim lights. But now, in broad daylight, every edge and every part of his face is so clear and I can’t seem to peel my eyes from admiring him. Blinking, I clear my throat when I realized that I have been looking at him for quite a while.

 

“So, Jimin-“ I grimace at addressing his name. “um, Sir. Let me clear things up. You are a ... vampire, and I am now your… donor?” at the endearment, he scowl before continuing, “Drop the formalities, just call me by my name, it’s okay. And yes, as the deal you made nights before, you’re my so-called meal.” I shiver as he said the word ‘meal’.

 

Oh God what did I just do

Please log in to read the full chapter