Chapter 15

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

They said when you’re accustomed to something, you’ll get used to it eventually, no matter how hard and painful it is.

 

But I don’t think that saying works for me. I hated the feeling the darkness caused me. It is not like the one that was peaceful, like the one you always feel when you get to sleep.

 

No, this one is not peaceful at all. It is sickening, gloomy, dark, depressing. And the most painful part about it is the fact that I can’t seem to do anything about it. I’m not the one controlling it; it’s the other way around. I can’t even scream. But at least, it’s only emotional.

 

Or so it seems.

 

A sudden burn put me out of my mental stupor. I am now able to feel my body all in once along with the burning sensation that seems to be all over me. It burns me so hard inside out. I felt like my veins are boiling so hard it melts my skin and bones.

 

Then suddenly, as if it’s not enough, another additional feeling of being stretched and pulled in every direction got me to cry out louder. The sound of my horrid cries didn’t get to be digested by me, as I am too much in pain to care. Not even the fact that I am able to move my once immobile body as I thrashes around through the pain.

 

“Ssh… You’re okay. It won’t be long.”

 

I heard his smooth voice, despite all the painful experience I’m currently at, I can always hear his voice. And thus everything gets clearer. The darkness started to evaporate just as the pain intensifies. And another cries of pain got out from me.

 

The darkness no longer covers my vision of sight, and instead I found myself looking at a ceiling of what seems to be a mansion. But that did not faze me, as I am too much in pain to think.

 

Soon, I felt my body being restrained by some sort of mass that limits my movement. I look down only to find the sight of the man I longed. The glowing red orbs that seem to always captivate me. His face held the same emotion I’m feeling right now, only more apologetic.

 

Breathing heavily, I tried to reach for him just as another phase of the pain occurs and once again I found myself let out another scream of agony.

 

“Jimin..! Make it stop! Make it- s-stop…!” I cried to him. Feeling the mixed emotion of happiness and pain altogether. The fire now felt like it’s choking me as even breathing turns out to be very painful.

 

“Ssh now, love. It’ll be over soon. I’m sorry.” Come his comfort whispers as he removes the stray of hair away from my face. Wiping my tears softly afterwards. His voice also sounded strained. As if he too can feel the pain I felt.

 

Closing my eyes and clenching my teeth so hard I thought it would break, I tried to think of him and only him in hope to lessen the pain. It

Please log in to read the full chapter