Chapter 04

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So did you send the picture already?” Jungkook asks not even bothering to be polite with his mouth full of food. Grimacing, I threw a napkin at him.

 

“Gross Jungkook, finish off your food first, look its all over my table.” He sticks his tongue out, much to my annoyance. “And yes, I did. But I don’t know, there still isn’t any reply yet. Do you think I’ve lost?” I asked him while sighing as I look at my now unappetizing food. Not long after, I felt a napkin being thrown at my face. Taking it off, I realized that it was the same napkin I threw Jungkook to clean the table. “Damnit, Jeon ing Jungkook I swear you-.” I couldn’t finish my first round of ranting when instead of his cheeky smile; I saw his face full of seriousness.

 

“Where is the full of confidence Song Haerin? The one that claims you will stuck a camera in each of everyone’s that dares to mock a thing about photography.” I unconsciously smile at that sentence, followed by Jungkook. “Remember that?” I nodded.

 

“Listen, its just been what? 2 days since you sent it? This is a national scale competition, Haerin. Heaven knows how many photography enthusiasts that also took part. Don’t worry, it will all pays off, okay? Trust me on this.”

 

He finished as he took my hands and holds it with his. I look into his eyes and found the assurance in it. I smile and nod at his encouraging words. “Thanks, Kook. I really need it.” He smiles and releases my hands to continue eating.

 

“Sure thing, Song. I don’t want a camera stuck up my for mocking you, so- Ow!” I pinched his hand before he gets to finish his round of teasing. “Shut it, Jeon, thank you and now go finish your food before I do stuck a camera in your .” He scoffs, but said nothing as he eats. I look at my hands that were being held and secretly smile at it, though hoping that I didn’t blush for him to notice.

 

Yes, its cliché I know, falling for your bff. And what’s more cliché than this? Yep, it’s a one-sided love. Fyi, Jungkook has 2-years relationship with his girlfriend; one that I can never win of.

 

She is everything that I’m not. She’s attractive, kind, and feminine. I still remembered the day he introduced me to her, Lee Sena. She’s as beautiful as her name.

 

I also still remember the pain I felt that day, that night, and the following days after, until it reaches a week. I refuse to meet everyone, not even my family. I fake sickness whenever Jungkook’s coming. Long story short, I’ve learnt to control my feelings in front of him. But enough of that, what pass is pass. I wont dwell on it anymore. When I saw the smile he made whenever he talks about her, it pained me, but at the same time I’m relieved that he’s able to be with someone he truly loves, and that’s all that matters. As long as he’s happy, I’ll it up. What matters is that he still cares for me, like what he did just now, and still makes time for me.

 

 

“Hey, Haerin, I think I gotta go now, mom’s asking for a hand at the shop later tonight, and Sena is actually visiting.” He said as he stands up from the couch of my living room. We just spent half the day playing video games, but then we both got tired, and ended up talking. I hid the pain when I heard her name. I still can’t seem to be fully okay with this, but I know I have to sooner or later.

 

“She is?? Why didn’t you tell me sooner, you idiot! Congratulation you just made me feels bad for holding you this long.” I said as I walk him to the front porch.

 

“Nah, don’t be. It was actually her idea. I was actually with her when my mom telling me to check on your condition. I was about to ask her to join, but she refused.” He completed as he steps out of my door.

 

This is what I don’t like about her, Lee Sena is just simply beautiful inside and out. There’s no ing way I can match her.

 

“Thanks for coming, Jeon. I appreciate it, though next time, don’t bother it, you’re making a mess out of my kitchen.” I sneer at him.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I love you too, Song. Be grateful that at least I cleaned it up with you. But anyway, take care okay, its dark outside, so don’t go out. If you ever need anything, I’m a call away okay, I don’t want having your face printed on the morning paper, it’ll ruin my mood.”

 

“Shush, I can take care of myself okay, now go, Mrs. Jeon and Sena is waiting.” He pats my head, making me scowl. I wave my hand at him as he steps back.

 

“Send my regard to Mrs. Jeon and Sena okay!” I shouted at him and of course being the Jungkook he is, he shouted louder.

 

“I definitely will! Take care, Song! Don’t die when I’m gone!” I stick a tongue at him and chuckles at his remarks, still the same caring Jungkook I know.  Which honestly, is the number one reason why it’s so hard to move on.

 

With Jungkook gone out of sight, I sigh and close the door. Pressing my back to the door I laugh pitifully while closing my eyes.

 

“How can he say ‘I love you’ so easily?”

 

I speak to no one but me.

 

“You can never win him, Haerin. Lee Sena is just out of your league, ing move on already.”

 

I sigh before opening my eyes and gasp when I found Jimin just a meter in front of me.

 

 “Goodness, Jimin, you scare the hell out of me.” I put a hand on my chest and close my eyes once again as I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

 

Soon, I felt a cold hand on my cheek, and a thumb wiping the tears that’s almost dry. I didn’t realize

Please log in to read the full chapter