Chapter 12

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You should thank me, Haerin. I’m finally going to unite the both of you.

 

 

In the afterlife that is.”

 

 

“Well I don’t know if there actually is an afterlife for a vampire. But, well” He shrugged before finally standing up and takes a step back.

 

I laid down there on the cold hard floor, looking at the man in front of me with pure disbelief. This man is obviously insane. I can’t believe a person this crazy and evil actually exist.

 

I used to scoff at the overly exaggerated drama on the TV with an antagonist that’s beyond evil, believing that nothing like that exists. But unfortunately I was proven wrong, and ironically, I’m proven wrong by it happening in my actual life!

 

First he kills his own father the man who had raised him. And then he’ll actually kill his very own brother?! Along with the girl whom he have never met, but will still kill it for the sake of enjoyment?!

 

Shaking my head I tried to scoot as far away as I can from him. I don’t even know whether Jimin will come at this point.

 

He grins devilishly when he noticed my movement and makes a move to approach me. In seconds he pins me on the wall. The impact of my back and the wall made me groan yet again for another series of pain. I am very certain that I have one or two broken, or at least a fractured bone. I exhaled painfully before slowly make a move to look up at my assailant, though my eyesight is a bit hazed and tiny dark spots have started to emerge.

 

I notice Minjun lean closer, his signature smirk closing in before I felt his hair brush my jaw. I felt him inhaled what seems to be my scent and gasp when I felt his tongue on my neck.

 

To say I’m disgusted by it would be an understatement. But rather than worrying about his tongue on my neck, I’m more worried by what could be his next action. I started to panic and thrashed, trying to pry him off me. He ‘tsk-ed’ at me before then slowly retracting wearing a scowl and release me to the ground, this time a bit more gentle, but since I am already in so much pain, my knee gave up and I fall down with a thud to the hard ground.

 

“You’re lucky you’re currently useful for me. If I could, I would have already drained the life out of you.” He scoffs, looking down at me.

 

“I need you alive. I want Jimin to watch you suffer before he himself follows. A quick death is not something he deserves.” He cackles at his own statement. This man is unbelievably evil. How can he did that to his own brother?!

 

But yet again, I am once again reminded how evil the world we live in really is. How much the greed for power can change people.

 

I was lost in my own thought for quite sometime, because when reality reel me in, I notice that Minjun is nowhere to be found in the room. Relief flooded through me as I exhale loudly. My body is screaming pain from every inches of it.

 

Feeling pained and exhausted, I change my position to the corner of the room, trying to minimalize the pain as I lay down on the ground and welcome the sleep that embraces me.

 

What my future holds, I’ll just set that aside for now. Anyway I don’t think going out alive is a choice. I felt a tear slip on my cheek, followed by the other, and the other, and the other until I just let it all out. I welcome the sleep that is currently my only safe haven in this situation.

 

 

 

 

“Haerin…”

 

I heard someone whisper as I stir awake when I felt the soft breeze on my skin.

 

“Haerin…”

 

There. That voice again. It’s calling me. I flutter my eyes open slowly. Adjusting my sight for the brightness, I realized that I am currently lying on my back, with what seems to be a vast forest.

 

“Haerin.”

 

The voice sounded so close now. It was as if it came from just beside me, just on my right. Slowly turning my head to the right. I gasp as tears welling in my eyes instantly at the sight in front of me.

 

“J-Ji..min…?”

 

And just like that, I lost control of my emotion. I shamelessly sob. I just can’t take it anymore. With Jimin now here with me, I felt like I finally safe, I’m okay, that it’s okay to cry.

 

That with him here, I am not alone anymore.

 

“Ssh. Don’t cry, love.” 

 

I heard Jimin say to me as I felt him scoot closer before his palm cup my cheek and his thumb wipe my tears away. I finally lost control when I unconsciously lean to embrace him and hid my face in his chest. Jimin didn’t do anything but instead held me closer to him, tightening his hold.

 

Inhaling his scent really does me wonder. His presence does wonder to me. I find myself calmed down a couple of minutes later and just softly sniffle when I pull back to look up to him.

 

He does the same to me and both of us soon lost in eac

Please log in to read the full chapter