Chapter 07

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Thanks for today’s tour, Ms. Song. I must say I had a great time today.” Jimin says as we are nearing the neighborhood of my house.

 

“The pleasure’s all mine, Mr. Park.” I turn to him with a grin, mimicking him. I turn towards the direction where my house is.

 

During the rest of the walk, neither of us said even a word. Only the sounds of our footsteps can be heard in the silent night. I don’t usually mind silence, but there is just something about this silence that is unsettling to me.

 

“So,” I started as we both reached the front porch of my house. I then turned myself to him. “Thanks for walking me.”

 

He seemed out of this world until I waved a hand in front of him. “I’m sorry what?”

 

Tilting my head, I furrowed my brows. “I said, thanks for walking me home. Are you okay? You seemed… distant.”

 

“Oh- oh yeah, I’m fine don’t worry.” He said with a smile. Though there is something off with his attitude. I wanted to ask him what’s wrong, but thinking it could be personal, I just smiled at him in return and proceed on opening the front door.

 

“Hey, Haerin?” I turn to look at him yet again with a raised brow, telling him to proceed.

 

He looked as if he was trying to find the right words with whatever he wanted to say. He his lips a few times before than brushing his hair in a swift movement and caught my lips in a sudden, short peck. I blink as my eyes went wide when he pulls back.

 

“That’s the last one, I promise.” He whispered. I think more pointed to him than me.

 

“I- Thank you, for everything. It’s been a great time with you, these past few days too. I had never felt so alive before.”

 

Confused I didn’t say anything as I tried to think where is this conversation going. Seeing I didn’t respond, he opens his mouth to continue.

 

“Please take care of yourself, promise me that, okay?”

 

“What are you trying to say, Park Jimin?” I warily asked.

 

Ignoring my question, he took a step back, with only a smile on his face. My heartbeats suddenly raised as I hope whatever I’m thinking are wrong.

 

“Hey! Wait-“ I was just about to chase him when suddenly the front door of my house got opened and there was my mom, looking as confused as ever.

 

“Haerin? Whom are you talking to?” She asked me as she steps out and looked at the surrounding neighborhood.

 

“I-“ I was about to tell him about Jimin, but when I look back, he’s gone without a trace. Furrowing my brow, I release a sigh before returning to look at my mom with a tired smile. “It was nothing, mom.”

 

“Are you sure? Honey, you looked panic earlier.”

 

“Yes, I am fine. It was just some sudden thoughts that’s all.” I dismissed it tiredly, not wanting to continue the conversation with my mom.

 

“Well if you say so. Come on in, your dad is asleep already since he’s tired from all the driving. If you’re hungry, there are some leftovers on the table. I’m going inside the room, okay?” She asked. I only nod at her, and she seems to be satisfied by it as she went inside the house.

 

I followed my mom who went inside the house. I turn to look at the streets once again though, just to check in case Jimin’s there. Shaking my head when I can’t find him. I sigh then proceed on closing the door. My mind is a mess trying to figure out what he meant. It’s as if he’s saying goodbye. It couldn’t be, right? I closed the door of my room, going straight to throw myself on the bed. The day had ended in a particularly strange way. I looke

Please log in to read the full chapter