Bonus#3 - 4/4 [The Celebration] FIN

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, I woke up feeling giddy and nervous at the same time knowing what’s to come. Not to mention the first sight that greeted me was the beautiful maroon eyes from the person I love most. The owners greeted me with a gentle smile.

 

It was noon when I woke up, I think the exhaustion has taken its toll on me, causing me to sleep in. I managed to persuade Jimin to eat our lunch inside the room, and asked him to go out for a dinner date with me later in the evening. I don’t actually feel hungry because the anticipation of today’s event kept running through my mind, but Jimin being an overworked mother hen, forces me to eat. Explaining how as a newborn vampire, I still need to eat some food before all of the humanity in me got replaced entirely.

 

The party itself was scheduled at 5 and the guests will start to arrive probably an hour before that, so I succumb to his wish to eat if it will keep him inside the room.

 

So, we ended up doing just that. eating our lunch, talking our hearts out, we even get to cuddle and kiss a few times. Both can’t seem to get enough from each other and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

It wasn’t until later when a knock was heard and Jimin shouted a ‘come in’. looking towards the door, I noticed that it was one of the palace’s maid, one that I asked to prepare lunch and supposed driver for our ‘dinner date’. I told her to notify me when the guests have started arriving in some kind of a code.

 

“Lady haerin, the driver is now ready at the front.”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Almost 4 in the afternoon, Lady Haerin.”

 

“Okay, thank you so much for notifying me, you may leave.” I said smiling at her, she smiles and bow one more time before leaving the room. I stood up from the bed and turn to face Jimin, he looked at me with raised brows in silent question.

 

“Didn’t you hear the maid? Get yourself ready, we’ll be leaving for our dinner date.”

 

I’m grinning madly, if I were to have a heart, it would beat fast because of the anticipation of what’s coming.

 

“Since when do you start ordering me around?” the man still has the audacity to even smirk at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

 

“Since your fine fell in love with me and I, you. Now, shoo! Get ready! I’ll get you a suit ready after you shower.” Jimin only laughs at what I said and mock-saluted me.

 

“Fine, anything for you, sweetheart.” He smiles and grins when he saw my expression brightens. Standing up from the bed as well, he gave me a quick peck on the lips before heading to the bathroom.

 

Once I heard the shower running, I leap into action. Going out of the room, I thankfully spotted Namjoon not too far from the hallway, he looked as if he ran to come here, what a great timing.

 

“Ah, Haerin! Thank goodness my timing’s right. Listen, the guests have started arriving, the room is now almost full with the invitees, Yoongi and the others are currently at front welcoming them, I’ve secured the path from your room to the ballroom so that no one else will be present, except for some staffs. You’re clear to go.”

 

I exhaled in relief listening to Namjoon’s report, the man was a blessing right at this moment. I express my gratitude to him, and he just brushed it off and pats me on the shoulder before zooming out of the hallway.

 

By the time I return to the room, I still hear the shower running, meaning Jimin still hasn’t finished showering yet. Good, I thought, then I started to prepare him a set of black suit and pants, a white dress shirt, a black tie, and a pair of black shiny shoes. I just hope I won’t kill myself for making him look even better than he already is.

 

 

 

“Haerin, are you done already? We’re going to be late, sweetheart.”

 

“Just a moment, I’m almost done, “ I shouted back in reply from inside the bathroom. I take a good look at the mirror for a once over, just to make sure I look presentable.

 

I have put on some simple black midi dress that has silver contrast on its sides and sleeves. it was simple yet elegant to look at. I also went for a simple make up that won’t make me stand out too much. This party’s not about me anyway, it’s about the love of my life that is waiting for me in the next room. Giving myself a proud smile, I exited the bathroom.

 

I look to see Jimin turning around to face me when he hears the door opens, and the expression on his face can get any women fly out to the clouds. His eyes shine in full adoration as his mouth opening and closing.

 

“You look…. Haerin you look amazing.” He finally said breathless as he took slow steps towards me, eyes trailing from my head to toe and back. I smile shyly as I peer up at hi from under my lashes.

 

“Thanks, you look handsome as well.” I smile shyly, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. And I’m not lying, damn that suit for enhancing his already ethereal beauty. Jimin only grins in respond before presenting his arm to me.

 

 

(this is what Jimin looks like, ISN'T. HE. HAWT)

(this is Haerin's outfit)

 

“Shall we, my lady?”

 

“We shall, fine sir.” I giggle, making Jimin’s grin grow wider if possible, as I held his presented arm.

 

As planned, by the time me and Jimin arrived in the hallway, it was deserted, except for some guards which are on duty that time. They greeted us as we went past them, and by the time I see the door to the ballroom nearing, I set my plan into motion. I stopped in my track and fake gasping, turning to look at Jimin, his gaze held one of concern and confusion.

 

“Oh, dear.”

 

“What? What is it? Are you okay?”

 

I would’ve swoon if not for the plan I have to pull off.

 

“Yes, yes I’m alright. But can I ask you to do me a small favor, Jimin?” I asks as I bit my lower lip.

 

“Sure, sweetheart. What is it?”

 

“Can you get me my coat in the ballroom? I seem to have left it there yesterday when I went touring.”

 

“Of course, wait here.” He pecks me softly on my forehead before approaching the grand door. Meanwhile, I softly followed him with a huge grin on my face, knowing what’s about to happen in 3.. 2.. 1..

 

“HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY YOUR HIGHNESS, JIMIN!!!”

 

The guests inside along with the staffs cheered when the door opens, sounds of confetti boomed around the ballroom. They all have either a grin or a smile on their faces, certainly happy to have finally been able to celebrate their King’s birthday.

 

I couldn’t catch a glimpse of his expression because I’m currently behind him, but from the stiffness of his figure, I can say for sure he was surprised. I then notice that his head was turned towards the banner we’ve set.

 

Inside the ballroom, we arrange a podium at the front for him, and behind that podium is a large fancy yet elegant banner, and on that banner, we wrote:

 

‘October 13th, Happy Belated Birthday to our King, Park Jimin.’

 

The cheering then continues until it quietens, I got a bit worried when I noticed that Jimin’s still hasn’t moved an inch from his position, I took a step towards him, gently touching his back. What happened next is a blur to me, one moment I was peering up to him, trying to read his expression, and the next I was bent back

Please log in to read the full chapter