Chapter 17

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

[PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER, THANK YOU]

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

“So, what happened now, Jimin?”

 

I’m now currently on Jimin’s lap on the balcony of his room in his castle. Yes, you heard that right, castle.

 

The castle was basically located in the middle of a thick forest. And that got me wonder, then where is the rest of the kingdom? And what’s with the sound of cars and people I heard when I woke up.

 

Now, Jimin explains to me that his kingdom is not actually a separate kingdom, it turns out that the vampires actually live side by side with humans, only the human didn’t notice of it, or rather they’re good at masking their nature.

 

And as for the bustling noise of the townspeople I heard, well that was actually the perks of being a vampire, the hearing is so good that I can hear up to miles away.

 

The castle acts almost like a headquarter office for vampires if you’d like to say it. The one who stays here were only the royals, the staff, and the… servants to put it bluntly.

 

It was now nighttime after Jimin took me to a tour of his castle. He didn’t brought me outside yet, in terms of he want me trying to adjust to my new nature first before taking me to the place filled with humans, and I of course agreed without question as he brought me back to his room and asked me to stay with him for the night.

 

I was nervous at first by what he means stay, but then putting that thought far away as I was being pulled by my hands to the balcony. As we sit next to each other, Jimin explains to me everything that happened while I was unconscious. How he finally killed Minjun, and sadly, the day he goes back to his kingdom, his father had died as well.

 

I comforted him of course, I hug and kiss him pouring my heart. But Jimin tells me how him and his parents never get along anyway, how his mother died giving birth to him and so his dad was a cold shell that only like Jimin beause he’s the heir.

 

And so yes, you got that right, Jimin is now the King of the said vampire kingdom.

 

Now don’t get me wrong, I was shocked and surprised as well hearing the news, because that resulting in me being the queen, being his soulmate and all. And I did not take that fact lightly.

 

It took Jimin a while to soothe me out of yet another panic attack. How am I going to help him rule all vampires when I can’t even rule my own life? For crying out loud I’m basically an unemployed spoiled brat that didn’t even have a degree.

 

But Jimin explains to me with his sweet persuading talk that all I have to do is to be by his side at all times and that’s enough for him. His words got me swoon, but at the back of my mind, I know I have to be useful; I’m not the type to just sit still and idle.

 

No, I’m going to help him and am willing to learn. And I told him just that, and Jimin’s response was everything. He kissed me passionately saying how thankful he was for having me, for my eagerness to help him. It’s a bit much I know, but I am reminded by how much a soulmate mean to each other in his world, which is my world too now, and I can’t be more thankful for our already strong bond.

 

I didn’t realize when or how my position changed from beside him, to on his lap and decided to ignore the blooming heat on my cheek as I just rest my head on his broad chest, listening to him explaining in his deep soothing voice.

 

And now, as we came to the present time, with me being in his embrace enjoying the night breeze, I come to the trouble of me once being a human and having a family and friend that I have to leave behind.

 

And on cue, I gasp loudly, remembering my family and Jungkook.

 

“Jimin.. My family. How- how long was I gone? Did they know what happened to me? What about my competition? I-”

 

“Hey, hey, ssh. It hasn’t been that long, sweetheart. Your absence in your house has not been more than a week. But don’t worry I took care of it. For now, your parents think that you decided to go for a short vacation with you aunt on the neighboring city.”

 

“What? How?” I was perplexed hearing that. I haven’t even said anything to them prior to my little adventure, how can they think of that?

 

“I have my ways, sweetheart.” He says charmingly, with the trademark smirk of his. “I have a few abilities that come in handy when I want to.”

 

I frown deeper at that. Ability?

 

Jimin only sigh as he pecks my forehead softly.

 

“Don’t worry about a thing sweetheart, all you need to know is that I’ll take you back to your home after you’re feeling well and has adjusted to your new nature.”

 

He paused as his expression then turned

Please log in to read the full chapter