Chapter 6

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 - Mate

Kai had noticed the sparks shooting up his arm when he briefly touched Ara, his eyes widening slightly but he didn't stop in his tracks and made it to the back of the classroom. He tried not to be too obvious, subtly throwing a glance over at Ara only to find her frowning as her friend pulled them both inside the classroom. 

He could hear her heartbeat, his brows creasing at the way her heart seemed to pick up its pace. The usual aura surrounding her seemed to intensify, white blinding light surrounding her like a halo.

Kai's wolf was alert, urging him to find out what was wrong, but before he could do anything Ara raised a shaky hand, her voice barely a whisper. 

"Go immediately." Even Kai was startled when Miss Han gave Ara permission to leave the classroom, and he watched the girl scramble out of the classroom, leaving curious and whispering students in her wake. "Quiet, students!" 

Kai kept his ears alert, tentatively listening to Ara's quick strides and shallow pants.  Kai listened to her steps, her ragged breathing, hearing her enter the lavatory. He didn't hear any other heartbeats there, so she was alone, and for some inexplicable reason Kai felt a pang of worry in his heart. 

"Oh God," Kai heard her whimper, and he felt his fingers twitching, foot tapping against the floor in anticipation. What was going on? He heard a thump and multiple pained whimpers, his wolf literally vibrating inside him, wanting to go and find Ara, help her.

When he heard a quiet cry and the sound of glass shattering, Kai couldn't hold it in anymore and shot up from his seat, startling the students sitting near him. 

"I have to go," Kai said loudly, and Miss Han stopped talking, hand midways in the air, blackboard long forgotten.

"Mr. Kim, you can't just-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter