Chapter 3

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure we shouldn’t call the ambulance? She has been out for quite a while now.” This time, Ara woke up to a worried female voice mumbling over her, and she slowly cracked an eye open, squinting at the light. “Oh, dear, you’re finally awake. How are you feeling?” The nurse handed Ara a glass of water, and the girl gulped it down hungrily, her dry throat softening under the liquid. “Do you want me to call your parents? The ambulance?”

“No!” Ara had barely returned the glass before replying, and her little outburst made the nurse jump in surprise, the glass of water almost falling from her wrinkly hands. “I-I mean I, uh, I’m fine, you don’t need to call mom.” 

 

Ara cleared , only then noticing the tall figure standing behind the nurse next to the entrance, and she felt her eyes widen. The nurse slowly turned her head to acknowledge Kai, and she smiled softly, turning back to Ara.

“Mr. Kim was very helpful today, he was the one who brought you here earlier when you fainted in the hallway,” the nurse explained, gently placing Ara’s bag on the bed next to the girl’s thighs. “He insisted on staying here until you woke up, missed three classes but he still didn’t leave.”

Ara wanted to tell the nurse that it was because he couldn’t let her out of his sight now that she knew his secret, not because he wanted to take care of her, but she kept shut and grabbed her bag.

“I’ve missed all my classes,” she murmured in defeat as she stood up from the bed and pulled on her bag, staggering slightly so the nurse had to steady her.

“Oh dear, careful now, and don’t you worry about those classes, Kai made one of his friends send a note to your teachers.” Ara nodded stiffly, quickly glancing over at the entrance, her eyes meeting Kai’s bored ones.

She felt her heartbeat pick up, gulping lightly before averting her gaze. She was scared, she was confused and most of all she was angry. Supernatural creatures existed, they were very, very real, but she found out just now, and the one she did find out about was basically threatening her life.

“I’m gonna go home now, thank you for everything,” Ara smiled, earning one in return from the old school nurse.

“No need to thank me, Mr. Kim over there did most of the work.” Ara nodded again before walking over to the entrance, watching Kai step a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter