Chapter 29

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29 - Cold pack 

"Hey, guys!" Ara is the first one to enter the house, and she's a little surprised at the lack of hugs and happy squeals. "Is anyone home?"

"They're all in the living room," Kyungsoo mumbles, frowning as he also steps inside the hallway, Baekhyun on his heels. They take off their shoes and coats before making their way into the living room, and Ara is a little surprised to find them all sitting there, on the couches. 

"Uh, hi guys?" She doesn't want to project her hurt feelings onto the pack, but she can't help it when she feels slightly left out, and then Lay is in front of her, a smile on his face, and he hugs her close to him, Xiumin and Suho joining in after a beat. Ara smiles into the hug and she can't help but squeal slightly when Lay tickles her waist, pulling away with his dimples prominent. 

"How was your day?" Kris asks from the couch, a warm, fatherly smile on his face. He's wearing a tuxedo, his brown hair gelled back in a professional manner, and Ara can't help but stare. "Take a picture, it lasts longer." Kris winks and Ara snaps out of her thoughts, snorting.

"It was boring, but I got to finish my homework in class." She walks over to the new couches and slumps down, sighing in fatigue. "What about you? Where are you going, handsome?"

"Job interview," Kris answers just when Kai enters the house, and he stands up to greet him. "Kai's got me an interview at a local law firm, pray for me, guys!" Kris salutes them and accepts the car keys Kai wordlessly hands him, disappearing down the hallway. 

"Where's Tao and Luhan?" Ara asks. Suho slumps down next to her, Chen appears out of nowhere and claims the spot on Ara's right, and they all melt into a heap of limbs. 

"They're out running a few laps around the area," Chanyeol shouts from the kitchen, and then there's a loud crash and he curses loudly. "I'm alive, just a scratch!" Kyungsoo shakes his head and quickly jogs into the kitchen. Baekhyun yawns tiredly and practically lies down in Lay's lap. Chen snorts at that and returns to his mobile phone. 

"Sehun said he had a dentist's appointment today, which is really weird cause I can't remember him mentioning it at all," Ara mumbles, playing with the soft material of Suho's shirt, and Suho practically melts into her touch. 

"It's definitely weird, okay, if there's one thing about Sehun that's perfect, it's his teeth," Baekhyun sleepily says, Lay absentmindedly running his fingers through his hair while lost in his thoughts. "I actually don't think he had a denti-"

"He did have an appointment," Kai suddenly interrupts from the one-seater, and Ara looks over at him, frowning. Kai catches her gaze and his face softens visibly. "He sent me a text earlier. Probably a root that needed filling."

"Should he be running around after having his root filled? I usually get really bad headaches." Kai smirks, actually smirks, at Ara, and the latter has to distract herself with Suho's shirt in order to avoid visibly gaping at him. Kai looks awfully good when smirking, Ara thinks, her cheeks aflame. 

"Werewolf healing," Kai says, and Ara nods stiffly, not daring to look at him because she might just start gawking at him.

There is no doubt that Kai is good looking, Ara has found his features borderline Greek god material since she first saw him. But he looks better and better the more she looks at him, and the thought of being close to him and being able to admire his sharp features has her blushing like crazy.

Suho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter