Chapter 23

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23 - A broken relationship

"Scoot over, move, move," Chanyeol all but shouts, somehow holding three trays of fries and burgers in his hands, Minseok and Chen juggling two cupholder thingies with 14 different drinks following him. Baekhyun who is sitting on the far corner of the bench quickly presses himself closer to Suho, making room for the boys.

The trays land on the table, a few fries fall off here and there, but most of it stays in place and the boys all holler in joy. Someone sitting on a table near them shushes them, and Tao sticks his tongue out in their direction before turning to his burger. 

"This tastes better than the food they serve in those fancy restaurants," Luhan says around a mouthful of burger, and Lay nods next to him, munching on a piece of lettuce.

Ara is staring down at her fries, frowning at the ketchup covered golden pieces, because fries drenched in ketchup are disgusting. Kai is sitting across from her, leaning against the window, and he wordlessly takes his own plain fries and places them in front of Ara. 

Sehun is the only one who notices the small exchange, the rest too busy discussing some football match, and he chokes on his drink, sputtering coke all over Kyungsoo who as if on reflex smacks him on the face.

Kai's attention is on the boys now, a small smirk on his face, and Ara takes that moment to quickly place her own fries in front of him, blushing furiously when Kai looks down at the food with a surprised expression. 

"Is it ing hardwired in your head to attempt to kill me whenever you get the chance?!" Sehun screeches, and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes in annoyance, patting his wet shirt with napkins that Suho keeps giving him.

"No, it's me not putting up with your bull that's hardwired into my DNA," he replies, and Chen gasps in shock, Baekhyun making a "oh no you didn't" hand gesture next to him, and then all hell breaks loose.

Kyungsoo has Sehun in a headlock, Tao, Baekhyun and Chen are chanting "fight, fight, fight" and Suho and Kris have their faces planted in their hands. Chanyeol and Luhan are filming everything on their phones with crazy grins on their faces, and Lay shakes his head, returning to his burger while Xiumin does the same. The costumers sitting closest to them complains to one of the waitresses, but before they can make a bigger deal out of it, Kai stands up.

"Shut the up, idiots," he growls, and the boys immediately stop, their wolves responding to their alpha. Chanyeol and Luhan slowly put away their phones, Tao clears his throat awkwardly before returning to his burger and then everything returns to normal, albeit a little more quietly.

The waitress leaves with a curt nod in Kai's direction, and the latter sits down again, sighing before taking an angry sip from his drink. 

"I'll try to step in before it gets out of hand next time," Kris offers him, and Kai purses his lips, nodding slightly. It feels weird to have Kris' pack as his own, but he likes it. They feel like home and it makes him happy and warm all over.

He steals a glance in Ara's direction and feels his heart miss a beat, because she's already staring at him. He clears his throat and stands up again, and Kris moves his legs so Kai can walk out from behind the table. 

"I'm done eating, since y'all jogged here I fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter