Chapter 33

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33 - An uninvited guest 

"Tao's gonna start school on Monday," Kai says, sitting down across from Ara. Kyungsoo slides down next to him and Sehun finds a spot on Ara's right. Mina and the other class presidents are in a meeting to discuss the Halloween party next Friday.

"Finally, what about Chen?" Sehun asks, chewing loudly on his rice, and Ara pushes her shoulder against his, making him smile apologetically at her before resuming his eating, but more quietly. 

"He's gonna start on Tuesday, there were some complications with his application," Kai explains, and Sehun makes an "ah" sound, nodding. Ara finds it weird that Kai talks to them without being forced to, but she doesn't mind it at all. His soothing voice calms her down, and she realizes that despite the lack of emotions on his face, he makes her feel safe by just being around her.

The only thing about him that used to scare her, and still does, is when his eyes flash red and he grows bloody canines and claws, and Ara sincerely hopes he never has to present her with that view ever again, unless he wants her to faint on him. 

"So that means that they'll be joining us to the Halloween party?" Ara snaps out of her thoughts at Kyungsoo's question, and she feels a little excited suddenly. She isn't particularly fond of parties and sweaty, dancing teenagers, but she knows Tao and Chen will make it worthwhile with their witty humour and outgoing personalities. 

"I can't wait for the party," Sehun says, pushing away his finished lunch tray before leaning back in his seat. "I heard Woohyun and Hoya are gonna sneak in some alcohol."

"You're not allowed to drink," Kai snaps, and Sehun pouts.

"All the other kids are probably gonna get drunk too," he whines, and Kai rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. He looks intimidating, and Sehun seems to cower a little, his eyes narrowing in annoyance. 

"That's the lamest excuse you've used so far." Kai shakes his head. "You're not allowed a sip of alcohol."

"But it's our senior year," Sehun cries, his pout deepening, and Ara can't help but frown, quickly putting an arm around his shoulders to give him a reassuring squeeze. 

"A little alcohol can't hurt," she tries, looking over at Kai with hopeful eyes. Kai shakes his head adamantly.

"A little alcohol can't hurt a normal human being, but for a werewolf it's enough to send him clawing holes through walls and terrorizing four neighborhoods throughout the night." Ara shudders.

"That was one time," Sehun mutters like a child denied candy, and Kyungsoo snorts at the memory, shaking his head while chuckling under his breath. 

"That was two months ago," he huffs, and Sehun whines. 

"Okay, I think Kai wins this argument," Ara says just as the bell rings, and they all gather their stuff and get up to leave. Sehun looks like a brat with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. Kai looks like he has won the lottery, smirking slightly, and he's completely oblivious to some of the female students near him practically swooning.

"I'm glad I moved here two weeks ago; I'd probably get a heart attack if I witnessed you breaking holes through walls."

"He had a howling competition with a puppy, and he tried singing Firework while climbing up an old woman's chimney," Kyungsoo says, and Sehun smacks him on the arm to shut him up. 

"Again, I'm glad I moved here recently only." They make it to their next class and find their seats, and Ara sighs when Sehun puts his bag in Baekhyun's empty seat. "I hope it's a girl, and not a boy."

"Is that ism coming out of Ara's mouth I hear," Sehun jokes, and Ara rolls her eyes, playfully smacking his arm. Sehun pretends to wince in pain.

"His brother is having a werewolf baby, there's practically only men in his family, I don't think it would hurt for them to have one girl to look after."

"Ara's right," Kyungsoo says from his seat behind them. "Also, I kinda wanna see what she'll look like if she's got Baekhyun's genes."

"Did you indirectly compliment Baekhyun's looks?" Sehun gasps, and Kyungsoo points his pencil at him threateningly.

"I have a picture of you ogling him when he tried on his mother's eyeliner that one time you guys dared him; if I'm going down, you're going do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter