Chapter 26

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26 - Students will always gossip

“Thank God we haven’t gotten that much homework,” Baekhyun whispers, shoving cereal into his mouth. “I’d probably get detention for the rest of the year.”

Sehun is sitting next to him, and he nods, tiredly sipping a glass of orange juice, his eyes barely open. Ara snorts at that, shaking her head at his cuteness, and Kyungsoo returns to the counter, placing a plate of warm pancakes in front of her. 

Kai suddenly enters the kitchen, his head ducked, and Ara feels her cheeks flame up, quickly looking down at her plate. Sehun immediately lights up, his eyes narrowing, a smirk on his face, and Kyungsoo smacks him on the head before returning to his pancakes.

See, it isn’t the incident from last night (Kai breaking the nightstand lamp when Sehun had scarred not only his mind, but the rest of the pack’s with his little comment), no, it is what happened approximately one hour ago that has both Ara and Kai blushing like schoolgirls. And of course, the rest of the pack, or those who are awake for school, have heard everything.

Kai had woken up to the sound of his shower running, and he had groaned tiredly and pulled his pillow over his head, wanting nothing more but to go back to sleep.

 

They started at 9, not 7 in the ing morning, but he decided that people were weird and that weird habits were inevitable with weird people. Ara had been following her daily routine when she had finished showering and realized that she had forgotten to bring her uniform into the bathroom, and so she wrapped a towel around her body and exited the toilet, thinking Kai was probably asleep.

And yes, Kai was still asleep, but he had curled up on the mattress on the floor, his entire body hidden under his blankets and pillow, and Ara thought he had woken up and gone to the bathroom downstairs.

So she had clutched the towel closer to her chest and walked towards the bed where her uniform was laid out, completely unaware of the body under the blankets right next to her feet, and she had stepped on the blankets, her eyes widening when someone yelped and shot up straight, knocking her down onto the floor.

Ara had squealed loudly, Kai had shouted in surprise, sitting up straight in alarm, and then he had realized that someone was halfway lying on his lap and the carpet on the floor, but he had barely looked down because Ara was screaming and telling him not to look, and Kai was blushing like crazy, instantly slapping his palms onto his eyes.

Ara’s towel had slipped and her (thank God she had decided to bring underwear to the bathroom) was practically on display, but Kai thankfully didn’t see it and Ara was scrambling off to the toilet, her crumpled uniform in her hands.

It had taken both of them 30 minutes to calm down and face each other again, and Ara had wordlessly run out of the bathroom and down to the main floor, avoiding Kai’s embarrassed eyes in the process.

Kyungsoo, Sehun and Baekhyun had woken up and heard everything, Suho had too, but he had dismissed the noises as a weird dream and fallen asleep again, and so when Ara entered the kitchen to drink some cold water, Kyungsoo had entered a few minutes later, wearing his school uniform and a smug look on his face.

Sehun and Baekhyun had taken their time to wake up, but when they sauntered into the kitchen, both were grinning like idiots, and Ara had wanted to dig herself a hole right there in the kitchen and disappear in it.

And so, they were now sitting in the kitchen,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter