Chapter 31

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31 - Luna

"Maybe it only works when you're in danger?" Tao suggests, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"I don't think there was much danger in the school lavatory, unless our school has a Moany Myrtle," Baekhyun says, rolling his eyes, and Tao points at him with his finger and then makes a cutthroat motion with it. Baekhyun throws his hands up and pretends to be scared. 

"Something must have triggered it both times," Ara says, rubbing her aching forehead. Suho comes out from the house and jogs over to her with a water bottle, and Ara smiles in gratefulness before taking a few sips. "Both times, my head felt like it was gonna burst because of pressure, and my fingers were tingling like crazy." 

"But what exactly triggered it?" Suho asks, accepting the bottle Ara hands him, taking a quick sip of it before throwing it at Tao who's making grabby hands at it. 

"I have no idea, but there was loads of tingling, kinda like electricity from where..." From where Kai had touched her. No way. Ara can't believe it. It's a wild theory, okay, Kai can't be what triggered it, that's some straight science fiction bull. I'm a mage hybrid in a pack of werewolves, Ara reminds herself and shakes her head at her own stupidity.

"From where what?" Luhan exits the house and walks over to Tao and Baekhyun where they're both sitting with their backs against a huge oak tree. 

"I'm not sure," Ara mumbles, biting her lip. When Kai had managed to brush his arm against hers last week, the electricity had been stronger than an electric fence, and the sparks had spread from her arm to her head and that was when the magic had been released and she had out.

The second time she used her magic was  when she had been facing the beast, and Ara suddenly recalls how the magic didn't work at first, but the second time when Kai had tried pulling her out of harm's way, it had all but shot out from her body. 

"Wait a second," Kyungsoo suddenly says, his head sticking out from behind the sliding doors in the living room. Only Tao, Baekhyun, Luhan and Suho are out in the garden with Ara, but she knows the rest of the boys who are finishing up their dinner inside are listening to what they're doing. "No, nah, there's no way, I feel stupid for even considering it." 

Kyungsoo looks like he's trying to convince himself, and he doesn't really look that convinced, but he still shakes his head and disappears inside again. Ara's heart is beating wildly in her chest, because if Kyungsoo also considered her theory to be correct then there has to be a huge possibility it is. 

"What? What's he talking about?" Baekhyun pushes his back against the tree and stands up. "Are you two hiding something from us?"

"Not exactly hiding, it's just a thought," Ara says, feeling flustered all of a sudden because her theory implies that Kai has to touch her in order for her magic to be triggered. There goes feminism, Ara thinks, running a hand through her hair. 

"Well, come on then, share it, I wanna know what has both of you so flustered," Luhan grins, helping Tao up so they can both walk over to her. Suho is quietly frowning at Ara, and he suddenly shakes his head, letting out a humourless chuckle.

"No damn way," he says, but he doesn't make a move to leave, a small part of him considering the theory to be plausible. "Are you su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter