Chapter 28

Learning to love an Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28 - Sehun's little adventure

Sehun knows that the boys have noticed his absence by now, and he can only hope that Ara doesn't get mad at him for skipping. But he has a good reason, or so he hopes, and sends Kai a quick text, asking him to cover for him in case Ara asks about his whereabouts. The bus comes to a stop and he smiles at the driver before exiting, looking around on both sides of the road before crossing it. 

He finds the address in no time, the GPS on his phone blinking all the while, and then he's in front of the house. It looks decent, but there is a cold aura surrounding it, and Sehun shudders slightly when he hears light footsteps coming from behind him.

"Took you two long enough," he mutters and turns around, doing that handshake thingy boys do with Tao and Luhan before the three of them turn towards the house. 

"Her mom is inside right now," Luhan mumbles, putting his hands in his hoodie pockets. There's a light breeze around them, the sun is shaded by thick clouds and it seems like it's gonna rain. 

"Ara did say that her father died two years ago, there shouldn't be anyone else in there," Sehun says, and all three of them feel a pang of sadness at that.

Luhan and Tao know exactly what it feels like to lose family members, Sehun's emotions are heightened by the shared pack bond, and the three of them get lost in their thoughts until the neighbor opens their front door and steps out with a trash bag. He eyes them wearily before throwing the trash in the metal container and stepping back inside, closing the door after him with a loud bang. 

"Okay, so what exactly is the plan?" Tao asks, pulling his snapback lower on his head, and Sehun bites his lip. 

"See, I don't really have a plan," he starts, and Luhan rolls his eyes, "but," he continues, giving Luhan a pointed look, "but I know that whatever happened between Kai and Ara happened here in her home, and for some reason, I have a feeling her mother was involved." Tao crosses his arms over his chest and arches an eyebrow.

"Why do you think that?"

"Remember when she first met you all?" Luhan and Tao nod simultaneously, and Sehun sighs. "She said that her father died two years ago, she never mentions any other family members, so she's an only child."

"Still doesn't explain why you think her mother is involv-"

"How many phonecalls or texts have Ara received every time she has been at the pack house?" Luhan and Tao both frown at that, and Sehun takes that as his cue to continue. "None, and none before you guys came either. Ara's mother never texts or calls her, and she never really mentions her either, that's why I think their relationship is somewhat strained."

"And then there was that one night when she had a nightmare," Tao mumbles, remembering waking up in the middle of the night to find his neck all wet because of Ara's tears. He had fallen asleep after drying them up and he never really got to ask her about it. "Maybe she had a dream about her father's accident?"

"If this proves to be correct, then you're way more observant than I thought," Luhan says, staring at Sehun with wide eyes, and Sehun scoffs, looking offended.

"Still can't believe I've been branded as the hot and stupid blonde o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter