:5: "Who are you?"

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So last night went well?” Jennie asked, tapping a piano key repeatedly.

 

Yoongi nodded, sitting at a table across the room, “Yang Hyun-Suk said the songs were good.”

 

“Wow, that’s great!”

 

“It is?”

 

“Yeah, he usually just says ‘okay’ or ‘fine’.” Jennie replied.

 

Jennie and Yoongi were currently doing their second Sunday session. They’ve been swapped for almost two full weeks, and they’re still trying to figure out how they could solve things.

 

What, are you upset I did a small timeskip? Let me fill you in on what’s happened:

 

Yoongi presented the three songs Jennie wrote to YG last night. Before that, Yoongi’s been training everyday with Chaeyoung, Jisoo, and Lalisa, and he’s gotten less sleep than he had ever before. He’s been trying to learn the choreography that was given to him and the three other girls, but it’s quite difficult: he’s been trying though!

 

He’s even gone out of his way to ask Lalisa to personally teach him since, you know, she likes that kind of dancing *wink*.

 

Jennie has been promoting with BTS and working on the album, repeating Yoongi’s ideas to them, obviously having to claim them as her own. Namjoon wants to album to be released within the next few months, which is kind of quick since they’ve only completely finished one song.

 

“If I ask how are you and you’re in a bad mood, what do you respond?” Jennie asked, now playing two piano keys repeatedly.

 

“I’d say stop.” Yoongi responded.

 

“No, you wouldn’t.”

 

“I didn’t finish. I would say stop if you’re asking me how I am while you keep playing the two same keys over and over.”

 

Jennie huffed, knowing that she deserved that. It’s kind of annoying.

 

“Well I would like to know how to play this damn thing.” Jennie mumbled.

 

“Where’s the middle C?” Yoongi asked.

 

Jennie pointed to it, “And there’s the low C and high C. I know all the keys.”

 

“Fine.” Yoongi said, pulling out his phone. He clicked a Youtube video that was playing different keys, “Point to the key once it plays.”

 

Jennie frowned, then tried to follow… obviously she failed.

 

“By our next session you have to learn how the piano sounds when you play each key.” Yoongi said casually.

 

“You’re really giving me homework?” Jennie asked.

 

“Yeah, and you should probably give me English homework.”

 

“Fine. By next session I want you to be able to participate in a basic conversation.”

 

“…Like what.”

 

“When you’re meeting someone for the first time.” She replied.

 

Yoongi sighed, “Fine, I’ll try.”

 

Jennie looked at her watch, “I have to get going. The guys think I was just going to get a late night meal.”

 

“The girls have no idea.”

 

“You haven’t told them anything?”

 

“Nope. I’m just good at sneaking out.”

 

“You said you ran into Jisoo once.”

 

“Well, yeah, but that’s not important.”

 

“It kind of is, but if she hasn’t questioned you since then… I guess it can be put off.” Jennie said.

 

“Hoseok is the one we should be worrying about.” Yoongi told her.

 

“I know,” Jennie huffed, “He’s been on your lately.”

 

“I’m not surprised. Once he suspects something’s wrong, he tries really hard to find out what it is.”

 

“We just have to be more careful.”

 

Jennie’s (well, Yoongi’s) phone buzzed, Yoongi watching a perplexed expression cross his face, “Who is it?”

 

“Namjoon.” She replied quickly.

 

“What does he want?”

 

[You’ve been ignoring me for a month now. At least give me a formal farewell.]

 

“Uh,” Jennie tried to come up with a lie, “he needs you back in the studio.”

 

“Already?”

 

Well, she really does have to get back.

 

“Yeah,” Jennie started gathering her things, “I’ll see you on Friday.”

 

“Alright,” Yoongi muttered as Jennie exited the room. Well that was strange.

 

Yoongi sat at the piano, beginning to play a melody that’s been stuck in his head for the past few days. Usually after Jennie leaves he does this, using the piano as a stress reliever. The past two weeks have been pretty rough, but Yoongi doesn’t want Jennie to know that.

 

He feels guilty that he isn’t as skilled in some aspects as Jennie, so he needs to work even harder to make it seem everything is fine.

 

In one week the shareholders of YG come, so he has to do exceedingly well on his performance. And if he’s being honest… he doesn’t know if he can do it.

 

 

“Good morning unnie!” Lalisa smiled once Yoongi exited Jennie’s bedroom.

 

Yoongi groaned in response, hunched over and basically wanting to die. Lalisa watched as Jennie’s body shuffled around the kitchen, looking for something specific.

 

He turned to Lalisa, his face crunched up, “Where’s the medicine cabinet again?”

 

Lalisa pointed to it, “What’s wrong?”

 

Jisoo and Chaeyoung walked into the room once they heard Lalisa’s question; Jisoo walked up behind Jennie, putting a hand on her shoulder, “Are you alright?”

 

“I think I’m dying.” Yoongi responded.

 

Chaeyoung giggled, “Jennie, you’re always so overdramatic when it hits.”

 

“What?” He asked, not wanting to put up with any jokes.

 

Yoongi really had no idea what they were talking about. He woke up this morning feeling like death, not knowing why Jennie’s body was suddenly shutting down. He had a theory that they’re going to die in each other’s bodies, but that theory was debunked once he got a good morning text from Jennie.

 

Jisoo tossed him a canister of pills, “I’ll go buy some ice cream and tampons.”

 

Yoongi’s eyes widened, now starting to realize what he’s experiencing, “WHAT?”

 

“Whoa, calm it down, Ms. Moody! Let Jisoo do her usual run!” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“I’ll cook some waffles and pour you a big ol’ glass of milk!” Lalisa smiled, patting Yoongi on the back.

 

Oh no. OH NO. Yoongi froze, watching the three girls casually do their own thing, his pain somehow feeling worse than it did when he woke up.

 

Yoongi scrambled to the bathroom, praying that his hunch is wrong. Sure this was bound to happen, but he did have a sliver of hope that they’d change back before this.

 

But clearly the world is still not in his favor, and he indeed is experiencing,

 

“.” Yoongi mumbled, his head resting in his hands. What is he supposed to do now? What do girls do when they get this? Cry?

 

He kind of feels like crying if he’s being honest.

 

Yoongi: [Hey, I have a problem.]

 

Jennie: [What is it?]

 

Yoongi: [Well, it wouldn’t be a problem for you, but it’s an issue for me.]

 

Jennie: [Okay?? Just tell me then.]

 

Yoongi: [You got it.]

 

Jennie: […God you’re so vague. What, are you ill?]

 

Yoongi: [I wish I was.]

 

Jennie: [Just tell Jisoo you don’t feel well and she’ll get you stuff. Not a big deal.]

 

Yoongi: [I know. She’s getting me ice cream… and womanly products.]

 

Jennie didn’t respond for a few minutes, making Yoongi nervous. Is she embarrassed or something?

 

Jennie: [LOL WOW YOU COULDN’T EVEN STRAIGHT-UP TELL ME? ARE GUYS THAT FREAKED OUT BY MENSTRATION OR SOMETHING?]

 

Yoongi: [I shouldn’t have said anything. Goodbye.]

 

Placing the phone down, Yoongi plopped on to Jennie’s bed, wanting to die. This is actually terrible. He feels gross, Jennie’s being a , and he still has to practice the stupid choreography.

 

At least he’ll get some ice cream out of it.

 

Jennie’s phone started to ring, and Yoongi knew who it was before he even looked at the caller ID.

 

“You know I was just kidding, right?” Jennie said on the other line.

 

“Yeah, I do.”

 

“It kind of seemed like you didn’t.”

 

“Jennie, I knew you were kidding.”

 

“…You sound like you’re really not having a fun time.”

 

Yoongi clenched his teeth, “Well, let’s just remember that I am a man who is currently in the body of a woman who is having her period.”

 

Jennie chuckled, “Maybe you can write a song about this.”

 

“No thanks. I think the guys would be quite confused if I made a song about having menstrual cramps.”

 

“Go into my journal and turn to page thirty-seven.” Jennie told him.

 

Yoongi sighed, then took her journal off a shelf. He expected it to be some motivation thing, but what he got was much different.

 

That day is coming again
I’m not me right now
Don’t stay next to me, it’s dangerous
That day is coming again
I can’t take it anymore
Please leave me, good bye PMS

 

“…You actually wrote a song about it.” Yoongi stated.

 

“Yes, I did.”

 

“If you pay me, I’ll write a song.”

 

“I’ll give you thirty won.”

 

“Good enough for me.”

 

Yoongi hung up the phone, and Jisoo barged right into Jennie’s room (as usual).

 

“I have the ice cream!” Jisoo smiled.

 

“Where is it?” Yoongi asked, seeing how Jisoo’s hands were empty.

 

“Well, we’re all going to watch some KDramas together. We always do that!”

 

Oh god. Yet again he wishes he was ill.

 

“No thanks.” Yoongi stated.

 

“…W-What?” Jisoo asked, confused.

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

Jisoo stared at “Jennie” for a few moments, not getting her mood. Sure she’s getting a visit from Mother Nature, but whenever this occurs to one of the girls, all four of them watch KDramas and cry together! It’s so fun!

 

“You’ve been kind of cold lately, Jennie.” Jisoo said blatantly, looking upset.

 

Yoongi looked up at her, yet again forgetting how the girls do everything together. For the past two weeks Yoongi has been blowing off Jennie’s friends quite frequently, saying he isn’t in the mood. Jennie scolded him at least three times about this, but Yoongi is so used to being a buzzkill with the BTS members that he always forgets that Jennie’s friendship with the girls is different.

 

“And also you’ve been sneaking out late at night for whatever reason… you’re not acting yourself, Jennie!” She continued.

 

Staring at Jennie’s pal, he starting feeling guilty about his actions. Jisoo’s concern was valid, but he can’t tell Jisoo the truth.

 

“Why are you being like this now?” Jisoo asked, her voice softening.

 

“I-I can’t tell you… not now.” Yoongi replied.

 

Jisoo was quiet, staring at Yoongi with disap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter