:20: "Let's go."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo was pacing back and forth in front of the television, frantic and confused. Jennie will be home any minute, and she hasn’t figured out how to get to YouTube on the TV!

 

Yes. That’s the crisis she’s in: she can’t get to YouTube on the television.

 

This is all part of the plan. After Jisoo and Hoseok got ~spooky~, they laid out every step of their plan, perfecting it so nothing can go wrong.

 

Jisoo needs to show Jennie the Spring Day video. Somehow she has to. Maybe Jisoo will distract Jennie by talking and “accidentally” click on the video? She doesn’t know how exactly she’s going to do it.

 

When Jisoo first listened to the song… she cried. She didn’t expect Yoongi to be so vulnerable in his lyrics. But that’s not what made her tear up.

 

You’ll see why she did momentarily.

 

As Jisoo continued to figure out how to fix her television, Jennie walked into the dorm. She looked tired, and it was probably because she just spent four hours at a fashion event. Going alone to places you’ve never been to is exhausting.

 

Because the girls won’t have a comeback for a while, all of them are busy doing either photoshoots as a group, going to events alone, or sleeping because they have nothing else to do. None of them know when their next comeback is going to be, which is annoying because they only have four songs.

 

It’s been a while since Jennie and Yoongi last texted. Sometimes they can go a full month without texting, but both of them know that they’re still trying their hardest.

 

Well, at least Yoongi is.

 

Jennie has gotten to the point where’s she’s trying to shut out everything related to BTS. She didn’t even know that they had a comeback earlier this month! The constant reminders she was getting about Yoongi were basically making her suffer. It was a constant reminder of how terrible she is for not contacting Yoongi as much as she should, and the pain that she feels when she’s Yoongi’s face on screen is unbearable.

 

Of course she misses him. Why wouldn’t she? But she wants to see him in person, not on screen.

 

“Ah, Jennie, you’re home~!” Jisoo smiled, finally figuring out the YouTube situation.

 

“Hey,” Jennie grumbled, walking right into the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of milk, “Where’s Chaeyoungie and Lisa?”

 

“Lisa’s hanging out with Bambam while Chaeyoung is hanging out with the other Chaeyoung.”

 

“Ah, okay.” Jennie saw how Jisoo was waiting for her to sit down on the couch, which she did. “What are you watching?”

 

Alright Jisoo, you better not mess up this plan! This is your one shot at victory! Everyone is counting on you!

 

“I’m just scrolling through what’s trending on YouTube.” Jisoo replied casually.

 

“That’s new for you.”

 

Uh OH, Jennie is already suspicious! Jisoo, abort! You can’t go anywhere but down from here!

 

“Well I already finished the drama I was watching, and Jinyoung recommended me some funny dog videos on YouTube.” Jisoo lied.

 

Jennie was silent for a few moments, confused why Jisoo sounds so nervous. Ah, whatever. She’s too exhausted to care.

 

Jisoo’s palms starting getting sweaty, not knowing how to accidentally click on the video. The MV is still trending, but Jennie might just straight up leave the room once she hears the voices of BTS!

 

As Jisoo continued to die inside, Jennie went on her phone, wanting to check the comments on her newest Instagram update. Being the social media lover she is, she likes to see how fans react to what BLACKPINK is doing in their downtime.

 

Jennie heard a tune coming from the television, ignoring it because she was currently too focused on Instagram.

 

“I miss you. When I say that, I miss you more. I’m looking at your photo, but I still miss you. Time is so cruel, I hate us. Now it’s hard to even see each other’s face.” A familiar voice sang.

 

Wait a second.

 

Jennie looked at Jisoo, who was awkwardly smiling at her. She then looked to the television, and,

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Jennie grumbled, starting to stand up. She was already leaving the room until,

 

“Jennie, NO!” Jisoo suddenly yelled. The music stopped, Jennie pausing in place. She turned to see her friends desperate expression, “You’re going to watch this. You’re going to watch this music video and listen to the lyrics.”

 

“But,” Jennie tried to say.

 

“No buts,” Jisoo said sternly, “Now sit your down next to me and listen to the song Yoongi wrote about you.”

 

BTS had a comeback? Also, Yoongi wrote a song about her?

 

Jennie, intimidated by Jisoo, reluctantly sat back down, not wanting to be reminded how much she missed Yoongi.

 

Jisoo pressed play, the song continuing on.

 

“Wait, I made this instrumental.” Jennie stated, surprised, “They used my song?”

 

“I guess so.” Jisoo said.

 

The whole aesthetic of the music video made Jennie depressed. Obviously it did because all the BTS members looked sad as well, but the lyrics just made the whole experience even more emotional.

 

“Snowflakes are falling, getting farther away; I miss you. I miss you. How much more do I have to wait? How many more nights do I have to stay up? Until I can see you? Until I can meet you?” Jungkook and Taehyung sang, their soft voices filling Jennie with even more guilt.

 

Of course Yoongi wrote this song. This is clearly about Jennie, and it makes her feel terrible that they haven’t seen one another in so long. Jennie clenched her fists, her nails digging into the palms of her hands to prevent her from tearing up.

 

Yoongi finally came on screen, Jennie trying her hardest to keep herself together.

 

“Did you change, or did I change? I hate even this moment that is passing, I guess we changed. I guess that’s how everything is. Yeah I hate you although you left. There hasn’t been a day that I have forgotten you. Honestly, I miss you but now I’ll erase you. Because that will hurt less than resenting you.” Yoongi rapped, his voice clearly showing how much he misses Jennie.

 

A tear fell down Jennie’s cheek, her tough interior quickly crumbling down from Yoongi’s verse. He must have put all of his emotions into this song, and although it makes Jennie feel sad, it also reminds her how much Yoongi still loves her. A lot of time has passed, but clearly that doesn’t affect the way Yoongi feels about her.

 

The bridge of the song was about to happen, so Jisoo brought Jennie close, knowing that the next part will definitely make Jennie bawl her eyes out.

 

“You know it all, you’re my best friend,” Taehyung sang in English, Jennie looking up at her unnie. Jisoo was holding herself together quite well; it was probably because she already cried from this song. This is the part that made Jisoo determined to reunite Jennie and Yoongi.

 

This is the line that Jisoo always tells Jennie if she’s in a dark place and is in need to advice.

 

“The morning will come again. Because no darkness,” Jungkook and Taehyung continued, Jennie closing her eyes. Jennie felt her eyes filling up with tears, knowing that, “No season can last forever.”

 

And take it back to the chorus~!

 

Jennie sobbed loudly, digging her head into Jisoo’s shoulder. Her unnie embraced her tightly, Jennie’s sadness making her heart hurt as well.

 

“You just tortured me,” Jennie sniffled, the music video now finished.

 

“This wasn’t torture, and you know that.” Jisoo replied.

 

Uh, Jisoo, it kind of was.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You probably think you feel guilty, yes?” Her unnie asked, Jennie nodding in response. “Well, it’s not guilt. You just miss him, that’s all. I know you always blame yourself when bad situations come along. This isn’t your fault, and it isn’t Yoongi’s either. You can make it work.”

 

“But I probably had so many chances,”

 

“No, you didn’t. You were too scared to see him anyways. You felt like he lost his love for you, and you were too terrified to see if you were right or not.”

 

“…That makes it my fault.” Jennie frowned.

 

Jisoo chuckled, “No it doesn’t! You can’t blame yourself for being scared... But at the same time, you can’t let your fear prevent you from seeing the one you love.”

 

Jennie finally sat up regularly, surprised by Jisoo’s words, “Why are you so wise tonight?”

 

“I’m not being wise, I’m just tellin’ the truth.”

 

“But you’re saying it in such a wise way.”

 

“Yah, we can discuss my wise qualities later. Now we have to get you to Yoongi.”

 

“Unnie, I can’t. I’m pretty sure he has a busy schedule.”

 

“So what? I know that he’d do anything to see you.” Jisoo replied.

 

She’s right. If Jennie texted Yoongi at any point in the last several months that she wasn’t busy, he would have stopped what he was doing and go see her. So it was just fear holding her back? It also was her busy schedule… It’s difficult to determine one solid reason behind it all.

 

But that doesn’t matter now! Jennie knows that Yoongi still loves her, and obviously she still loves him.

 

“How do I even know if they’re in South Korea? They could be in America for all I know.” Jennie said nervously.

 

“They had a concert in Seoul last night.”

 

“How do you know that?” She asked. Jisoo was silent for a few moments, trying to hold back her smile. “…You went?”

 

“Maybe.” Jisoo responded with a smug grin.

 

“…You and Hoseok slept together as well, didn’t you.” Jennie rolled her eyes once she saw Jisoo nod in response.

 

“BTS is eating dinner at some fancy restaurant, so if you want to catch Yoongi, do it when he’s leaving there.” Jisoo told her.

 

“What’s the name of it?”

 

So, Jisoo gave her the name. Is Jennie actually going to drive to surprise Yoongi? It’s cute, but wow. You go Jennie!

 

Jennie, who was in her pajamas, grabbed her winter coat, “He better be there.”

 

“You’re going to run? It’s so cold out.” Jisoo replied.

 

“Well if you didn’t show me that goddamn music video, I would be sleeping in bed. So at least I get some exercise out of it.”

 

“Alright, have fun.”

 

Jennie ran out the door, and Jisoo immediately called Hoseok.

 

“Hello?” He asked, already getting hopeful.

 

“You’re still at the restaurant, right?” Jisoo replied.

 

 

Hoseok glanced at s, who were all staring at him with curious expressions.

 

Yes, they are still at the restaurant, but Hoseok didn’t know who was calling him until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter