:12: "Back off."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you see anything?” Hoseok asked nervously.

 

“I’m too scared to even peek through the window!” Jisoo replied.

 

“How long has it been?”

 

“About five minutes.”

 

Jisoo and Hoseok were currently standing outside the usual location; they weren’t inside because there were two people inhabiting the abandoned music store.

 

Those two people are Jennie and Yoongi.

 

After Jennie stormed out of BTS’s dressing room two days before, she kept texting Yoongi to meet up. Obviously Yoongi didn’t get these texts until later, because he was being pulled around the mall and then went to train more. Yoongi wanted to speak with her also, so he made plans right away.

 

How could Jennie not tell Yoongi about Hanbin? They’re in the same company! Did Jennie think that Yoongi would just subconsciously avoid Hanbin or something? Even after Yoongi told Jennie about Yujin, she didn’t share her story. Sure Yoongi said she didn’t have to, but he hoped that she’d give him some information eventually.

 

“Alright, I’m gonna peek.” Jisoo stated dramatically. She barely looked through the window, scared that she’ll get caught.

 

“What do you see?” Hoseok asked.

 

“They’re just… sitting there. They look so stiff.” Jisoo said.

 

“That’s it? Neither of them are talking?”

 

“Nope,” Jisoo sighed, looking back at Hoseok, “You know, I’m actually kind of on Yoongi’s side for this one.”

 

“Really?” Hoseok replied, “I thought you’d always stay on Jennie’s side.”

 

“Just for this situation,” Jisoo reiterated, “Jennie should have told Yoongi sooner about Hanbin. We run into iKON all the time, so it was bound to happen. I don’t know why she didn’t.”

 

“Yeah, especially after he told her about Yujin.” Hoseok added.

 

“After we went to the mall with Chaeyoung and Lalisa,” Jisoo started to say, her words getting softer, “I felt a lot of sympathy for Yoongi. Maybe if I didn’t see him like that, I would have defended Jennie more.”

 

“See him where?”

 

Jisoo sighed, “At the mall, Lalisa forced us to go to a gown store. Chaeyoung and Lalisa forced us to put them on. I thought Yoongi would just go out to show the girls, then go straight back to the dressing room, but…”

 

“Did he do something bad?” Hoseok asked, curious.

 

“No, he just… stared at Jennie’s reflection. He was so entranced by how she looked. I’ve never seen that look on Jennie’s face before. Her eyes were almost sparkling, and was slightly open... it was like he was,”

 

“In love?”

 

Jisoo nodded, “Exactly. And right after that, Lalisa said the Hanbin thing.”

 

“Damn,” Hoseok muttered, “He was really just gazing at Jennie?”

 

“Yup. It was actually kind of cute. But it’s also confusing… you don’t think he’s into Jennie, do you?”

 

“It depends,” Hoseok replied, “Was he looking at the reflection like this?” He made a certain expression where he was smirking with his eyebrows raised, “Or like this?” Hoseok then showed a much softer and lovey-dovey expression.

 

“The second one.”

 

“, that’s Yoongi’s love face.”

 

Jisoo laughed, “Love face?”

 

“I mean, it’s the expression he has when he’s looking at someone he really, deeply cares about. He used to look at Yujin like that all the time.”

 

“Maybe he was just caught up in the moment?” Jisoo said.

 

Hoseok shrugged, “It could be. As long as he doesn’t have moments like that again, you have nothing to worry about.”

 

“Okay, I’ll keep a look out to see if it happens again.”

 

Hoseok was now peeking through the window, “Wow, they’re really just sitting there silently.”

 

“Still? Wow, usually Jennie rants by now.”

 

“Maybe she knows that she’s kind of in the wrong this time?” Hoseok guessed.

 

Jennie and Yoongi were sitting across from one another at the small table, the both of them staring at themselves dead in the eyes. Neither of them said a word; this was mostly because neither of them knew how to start this conversation, but also each of them was quite upset with the other.

 

“OH MY GOD, JUST TALK ALREADY!” Jisoo yelled from outside. The two of them turned their heads towards the window, where Jisoo looked quite impatient while Hoseok tried to calm her down.

 

Hoseok waved to them awkwardly, “Sorry! Go about your business!” He dragged Jisoo away, giving Jennie and Yoongi their privacy.

 

“You start.” Yoongi stated.

 

“Why me?” Jennie asked somewhat rudely.

 

“Because I want to see if I’m correctly predicting what you’re going to say.”

 

She sighed, “Fine.” Jennie was quiet for a few moments, not wanting to sound like an idiot. “You didn’t tell me you were going to work with Hanbin.”

 

Yoongi started to laugh, Jennie frowning in response. Apparently Yoongi was right with his prediction. He suddenly stopped laughing, his expression showing his distaste with Jennie’s words, “Well I didn’t tell you because I didn’t think it was important.”

 

“It’s part of my debut, obviously it’s important.” Jennie replied.

 

Yoongi didn’t say anything for about a minute, his eyebrows furrowing from his confusion towards Jennie’s statement, “You wanted me to tell you because it gave you more information about your debut?”

 

Jennie nodded, “Yeah.”

 

“That’s it?”

 

She paused, then nodded again, “Yup.”

 

“Bull.” Yoongi grumbled.

 

“Excuse me?” Jennie asked, offended.

 

“I said,” Yoongi glared at her, his words sharp, “Bull. Bull..” Before Jennie could try to refute, Yoongi cut her off, “You really think I believe you right now? You seriously think that the only reason that you wanted me to tell you about Hanbin was just for some more information on your debut?”

 

Jennie pursed her lips, knowing where Yoongi was going with his rant, “Look,”

 

“You just completely lied to me when we’re supposed to be open with one another.”

 

“I didn’t want,”

 

“You didn’t want what? You didn’t want me to know that Hanbin used to be your buddy?” Yoongi spat.

 

Jennie’s eyes widened, insulted, “Excuse me? buddy? We were dating for a year! How the hell is that a buddy?”

 

“So you two did date.” Yoongi responded, his tone now sullen. “And I had to find out by Lalisa just making a stupid joke. Even though I told you about Yujin, which is a huge secret of mine, you still didn’t tell me about Hanbin who goes to the same company as you, who you’re apparently not over based on what Chaeyoung is saying,”

 

“I didn’t tell you because,”

 

“Don’t give me a stupid reason, Jennie.”

 

Sighing, Jennie began twiddling her thumbs, not liking the topic their currently discussing, “It’s just something that’s hard to bring up.”

 

“And you think tell you about Yujin wasn’t hard?”

 

“No, I didn’t mean it like that,” Jennie mumbled. She took a deep breath, not wanting Yoongi to get upset, “I just mean… I don’t know. It’s something that I look back on and just feel so angry about.”

 

“Angry?” Yoongi asked, confused.

 

“Yeah. I was so ing stupid.” Jennie stated, hunching over to rest her chin between her hands.

 

“But I just don’t see why you didn’t tell me for this whole time.”

 

“Fine, I’ll explain it.”

 

“I don’t want to force you.” Yoongi said, clearly not meaning it.

 

Jennie noticed his sharp tone, not knowing the reasoning behind it. Sure he has the right to be upset about Jennie not telling him for almost seven months, but why is he sounding ruder than he needs to be?

 

“We started dating early last year. So before he became an idol.” Jennie began, watching Yoongi’s reaction, “Honestly, I never thought of dating him,” she continued; Jennie stopped once she saw Yoongi’s expression, “Why do you look so grossed out?”

 

“You just keep saying ‘dating him’ with my voice, and it’s just really weird.”

 

She rolled her eyes, “Alright I’m continuing. So I never thought of dating him, but the year of 2014 was filled with the girls and I trying to act out a little to push YG to debut us. We thought it we start pushing the limits; he’ll realize that we’re growing impatient. With this rebellious faze, it also came with hookups and such. Hanbin started out as just a fling, but somehow it became something more than that. I honestly don’t remember when it turned from random make-out sessions to actual candlelit dates, but whatever.”

 

“So you two were buddies.” Yoongi stated.

 

“We were make-out buddies.” Jennie told him, “Anyways, every Friday night Hanbin could only hang out with me for a little bit, because those days were his busiest because he had to prepare for Mix and Match. He still tried to make time though, which was nice. But obviously his schedule became more and more hectic, and I had to reach out a little too much to even spend a half an hour with him. I could tell that he was tired, so I would end our meet-ups early so he could get some rest.”

 

Jennie stopped her story, which made Yoongi realize that the next part of the story is what she’s angry at.

 

“Once he began preparing for his debut, things changed a lot. He would go a few days without even texting me, and when he did, he blamed me for not keeping in touch. When we saw each other in person, we’d have a great time, but once I would try to kiss him, he accused me that I just wanted someone to make-out with like when we were a fling. I tried to make things work, but I guess over time, I don’t know, I realized that we weren’t a match? He was really outgoing and extroverted, meanwhile I tend to keep to myself and want my alone time. But for him I went out with the iKON members, tried to get closer with them and his other friends… and then he thought I wanted to hook up with Bobby. I thought he was just creating the illusions in his mind from all the stress, but I guess I was wrong.” Jennie explained, her tone showing how annoyed she is.

 

“So Apology is about you but in his ed up mind?” Yoongi asked, causing Jennie to chuckled.

 

“I guess so. What’s even more annoying is that he broke up with me saying that I was being too cold and he was chasing me too much. Yeah, alright buddy. Whatever helps your ego.” Jennie responded.

 

“Jennie,”

 

“What?”

 

“I still don’t see why you couldn’t tell me this earlier.”

 

“I don’t know,” Jennie said quietly, “Maybe I was embarrassed with how it all happened? I guess I thought that maybe you’d think that I only care about a physical relationship.”

 

“That’s what Hanbin thinks, not me.” Yoongi told her.

 

Yoongi saw Jennie shift in her seat, her expression showing her embarrassment with her story. He can tell that Jennie really doesn’t like sharing stories from her past, so he’s thankful that she told him about Hanbin.

 

“I feel like a that I didn’t tell you sooner. Now that I know that Hanbin is working with you… me…” Jennie said, her words trailing off.

 

“Do you think he’s going to hit on you or something?” Yoongi asked.

 

“No, I mean… he could, but he’d just do it for more song fuel. I’m just not comfortable with it all. I lost a lot of respect for him because of how he treated our relationship.”

 

“So if we were switched back and you found out Hanbin is working with you, what would you do?”

 

Jennie thought about it for a few moments, not knowing what she would do, “I’d have to be there to know.”

 

Yoongi sighed, “Alright, I tried. I just want to know how to act. I’m a certain way when I’m working in the studio, so I want to correctly act like you.”

 

“I just follow what is told of me. I make suggestions if it’s really necessary, and when it’s not my turn, I’m quietly watching the process.” Jennie told him.

 

“I’ll try to keep quiet. Anyways, the process isn’t starting until the New Year. I have time to get my act together.”

 

It’s currently the beginning of December. Winter fashion has come in full throttle, and Yoongi loves it. Jennie’s winter clothing is fashionable and comfortable, making it fun for him to pick out unique outfits. Winter is Yoongi’s favorite season, because it comes with a crackling fireplace, warm blankets, and more vacation time from the holidays. Of course this doesn’t matter because Yoongi is a trainee, but he still can experience warming up by the fire under loads of blankets.

 

Jennie, on the other hand, hates winter. Sure her favorite outfits come from the winter season, but she’d rather be too hot than too cold. The girls make fun of her because she gets chilly so easily, so even during the summer she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter